Shozy IEM impression/appreciation thread (in particular Pola owners)
Oct 17, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #226 of 241
Shozy Magma is such an underdog in the competitive price range around 500 bucks. It has a very safe tuning which is great for hotter / louder genres like Rock & Metal. Timbre of cymbals and hi-hats sound very accurate as there's no real treble boost. If you have smaller ears and prefer a laidback sound signature Shozy Magma is a very interesting alternative to more popular Tribrids like Dunu SA6 or Moondrop Variations.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #227 of 241
I have Shozy NEO BG 5BA from 2020. I lately found this thread here. Very easy to drive yet what an IEM. A detailed sound for such a price is hard to find. I hope other owners would agree as well.

Attachments

• 309579380_5584620378294670_7228775061546640958_n.jpg
    309579380_5584620378294670_7228775061546640958_n.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 0
Nov 11, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #228 of 241
https://penonaudio.com/shozy-ava-tws.html

$169.00

SHOZY AVA TWS Qualcomm QCC3040 Dynamic Driver True Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Aptx HiFi In-ear Earphone

Description

AVA Audiophile Grade True-Wireless Earphones

Unleash Wireless Fidelity
Every set of AVA true-wireless earphones are hand-assembled and built the same way like custom monitors.

The design has been tested and modified countless times with Audio Precision benchmarking tools to ensure the highest fidelity is delivered.

Qualcomm ⑧ aptX audio solution
Chosen for consistent, high quality streaming

Bluetooth 5.0
4x range, higher bitrate streaming
Up to 2 Mbps bandwidth

55+ hours total on the go
6 hours of high quality playback per charge

Touch control support
Tap to control playback functions

Virtual Soundstage
3D staging experience with enhanced phase control

Ergonomically designed
The design of the AVA wireless earphones is derived from custom monitors, ensuring excellent comfort and passive noise isolation.

Aluminum-alloy tuning nozzle
The AVA could be one of the most prestigiously built wireless in-ear monitors with premium metallic filtering nozzle and imported tuning materials used to control the pressure and “resonance within the front chamber,

The result is an unprecedented natural, powerful and detailed sonic feast.

Gloss white charging cradle
Designed to complement the hand-polished AVA earphone units, the charging cradle comes in a smooth, piano-key colored finishing.
Every charge gives you 6 hours of music enjoyment on the earphone units and the total capacity on the
cradle supports 55+ hours playback.

Specifications
Frequency Response: 20Hz 20kHz
Impedance: 15ohm
Sensitivity: 100dB
THD: <0.08% @1kHz
Bluetooth solution: Qualcomm QCC3040
Bluetooth version: 5.0
Codecs Support: aptX, AAC, SBC
Battery Capacity:80mh
CharinqTime:1.8hts“
Connector: Type-C

Dimensions: 75*45*30mm

one box.jpeg
DSC_0045.jpegEWYT.jpeg
DSC_0044.jpegqwerttryuyiuuoiio.jpeg
DSC_0035.jpegAS.jpeg
DSC_0019.jpegQW.jpeg
DSC_0007.jpegQWQERYT.jpeg
DSC_0005.jpegQEWRETR.jpeg
DSC_0003.jpeg23145455647.jpeg
hinge.jpeg

So I'm not that experienced with TWS IEMs though I have had the Apple AirPods 2, the TINHIFI Tin Buds 3, and one other full size wireless set a couple of years ago. Still........I'm not the best to review these, but I do know IEMs, and have reviewed a few.

These arrived today and don't even have burn-in yet.....but I will log my first impressions.

Note the last picture, the hinge on the case. Amazing, really genius how the lid works. You can see by the first pictures how the hinge is 2 parts, and all metal. The lid lowers kinda like a parallelogram, or should I say, it's always parallel when dropping into place. They came charged and joined up with my MacBook Air right away. No drop outs or anything like that. I will say they can be slightly confusing from the start as your not using ear-hooks to get placement, so ear-tips are your only salvation to fitment. With that said the large silicones come on them, you can see the case charge lights in a series of three in green under the outside of the case, at the bottom. The IEMs themselves look black but are actually smoke and have a red LED which can be seen from two angles. This will confirm the IEMs have a charge. You will hear a woman's voice when connected in stereo.....Lol...........that was a first.

I went through about four sets of tips, but my instincts were right..........using the new Softears liquid silicone ear-tips was the ticket to success. Such tips are sticky and firm to hold the IEMs in place and create a super deep fit. These are 100% dependent on tip placement for sound. Meaning you may think you have the best sound when in-fact you don't. Finally with these ear-tips the bass kicked in. And what a show.....the soundstage is thick yet natural and correct sounding. In fact this is the sound I always wanted with the few TWS IEMs I've tried, but never quite found. They have bass, but it's fast, sculpted and of correct tone and correct timbre. My favorite was listening to an OST that has profound bass washes...........the AVA's stepped up to the plate. They really delivered, while it wasn't as detailed as wired IEMs........they are still burning-in. But I kept telling myself...........this bass replay is satisfying and real. Truly, for this kind of money.......which in reality is a lot for a portable IEM that you are going to go around town with, they are wonderful. These fit the bill, are built great and look the part too.

Just the feel of the case, the workmanship, the way the latch/hinge is made of metal. The whole case is relatively heavy for what it is!

The actual feel of the IEMs themselves......just nicely done. Cheers......Shozy you've done it again......you somehow incorporated the magic sound of your IEMs which have wires into a TWS model. They created the support charge case with functionality........and made it bug free, I love it!

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #229 of 241
37AED838-E30C-4677-8B8D-459CED3BC20C.jpeg
26A050E1-8355-4CE0-8EA5-903CCAAFE721.jpeg

Nov 16, 2022 at 5:30 AM Post #230 of 241
Jan 1, 2023 at 1:45 AM Post #231 of 241
Last edited:
Jan 3, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #232 of 241
Feb 12, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #233 of 241
Last edited:
Feb 12, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #234 of 241
Shozy Pola and Black Hole Mini Steel frequency responce
Shozy Pola.jpg

Shozy Black Hole Mini.jpg

Feb 12, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #235 of 241
looks like a Black Hole Mini that i have.
One cons for me - a bit short nozzle, need a long eartips.

"6kHz peak" :
The same as Black Hole Mini driver ?

Thank you for a yours impressions :)
Thank-you!

Strangely I find myself using the AVA everyday at the gym. That’s about 4 days a week and about 2 hours a session, sometimes more? It’s the very best TWS I own, yet it’s true the AVA and T1 share many similarities it seems. Romantic smoothness and that 6K peak is unique in my experience.......maybe one other IEM has that? So with the amount of time I use it, it often has me spellbound by how different and good it is.

SHOZY may be on to something with this tune, as it is way different than anything I have had experience with......ever! Just today about 1/2 hour ago I was listening (in the gym) to the new Doom Eternal (2020) and meditating on the sub-bass!

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #237 of 241
This post is about the Shozy Black Hole. I purchased this IEM when it first came out partly because I loved the name and was intrigued by the design concept. I bought the black version (of course). I confess I was initially disappointed in the set because the bass response is kind of "eh" (the big reason that Crinacle gave the Black Hole a poor grade within his rating system), and my first love when it comes to music is (or at least was) bass-heavy minimal techno and some other genres where bass (esp. sub-bass) is a big deal. However, recently I have gone on a kind of "classical music bender," and I discovered that the Black Hole set is actually fantastic for "concert hall music." A revelation! I have been using my Black Hole a whole lot recently.

I notice that the cable that comes with this set is kind of wispy and thin. Is this a "cheap" cable, or is it just one that was designed to be "minimal?" The sound from the IEM seems fine, but I wonder if a third party cable might improve things. I do believe that cable quality affects sound reproduction, but I think people get carried away here and there likely is a kind of diminishing returns phenomenon at work once one reaches as certain level of cable quality. I really don't know what I am talking about here, frankly, but I have never been tempted to spend hundreds of dollars on an IEM cable and won't do so now.

So my question is, is there a reasonable cable upgrade I could invoke here that would cost under say, $100?

Sep 14, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #238 of 241
This post is about the Shozy Black Hole. I purchased this IEM when it first came out partly because I loved the name and was intrigued by the design concept. I bought the black version (of course). I confess I was initially disappointed in the set because the bass response is kind of "eh" (the big reason that Crinacle gave the Black Hole a poor grade within his rating system), and my first love when it comes to music is (or at least was) bass-heavy minimal techno and some other genres where bass (esp. sub-bass) is a big deal. However, recently I have gone on a kind of "classical music bender," and I discovered that the Black Hole set is actually fantastic for "concert hall music." A revelation! I have been using my Black Hole a whole lot recently.

I notice that the cable that comes with this set is kind of wispy and thin. Is this a "cheap" cable, or is it just one that was designed to be "minimal?" The sound from the IEM seems fine, but I wonder if a third party cable might improve things. I do believe that cable quality affects sound reproduction, but I think people get carried away here and there likely is a kind of diminishing returns phenomenon at work once one reaches as certain level of cable quality. I really don't know what I am talking about here, frankly, but I have never been tempted to spend hundreds of dollars on an IEM cable and won't do so now.

So my question is, is there a reasonable cable upgrade I could invoke here that would cost under say, $100?
I have never heard the Black Hole, but have spent a year or so using various cables with the Shozy B2. That was an IEM that has been offered with various cables in a retail combination. Basically a few retailers joining it with a different wire. The whole aspect for myself was finding that Penon Audio included the ISN SC4 cable to the B2 as a way to tighten-up the bass and offer rhythm. Such a (SCB2) combo is really key (to me anyways) in finding the correct tone in playback. And that’s the thing, where at times a cable can move a tone just the right direction into which you find your sound. Hopefully someone who has had experience with the Black Hole can report in with the cables that have worked for them in the end. Cheers.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #239 of 241
Any more Ava impressions? Loving my CA Honeydew/Penon Globe + Qudelix 5k combo sound-wise, but I'm getting a bit sick of all the tangly wires so I'm looking for a reasonably priced TWS IEM now. It seems like the Ava is warm and thick and easy to listen to with hefty bass which is exactly what I like, but how are the mids, particularly vocals on it? If I want weighty, huge male vocals, would Ava be a solid choice or should I look somewhere else?

Edit: hmm, actually reading the headfonia review now, I'm wondering if the Ava would be a bit too bright for me. I'm pretty sensitive to treble.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #240 of 241
Any more Ava impressions? Loving my CA Honeydew/Penon Globe + Qudelix 5k combo sound-wise, but I'm getting a bit sick of all the tangly wires so I'm looking for a reasonably priced TWS IEM now. It seems like the Ava is warm and thick and easy to listen to with hefty bass which is exactly what I like, but how are the mids, particularly vocals on it? If I want weighty, huge male vocals, would Ava be a solid choice or should I look somewhere else?

Edit: hmm, actually reading the headfonia review now, I'm wondering if the Ava would be a bit too bright for me. I'm pretty sensitive to treble.
I use the AVA more than any one IEM. It goes with me to the gym 4 days a week. Very thick signature but nice and authoritative. Somehow the charge times are even longer now, meaning the AVA holds a better charge now, and I almost never need to charge it? Crazy?

Vocals are OK, not what the signature is really about though, more bass and stage. Kinda big male vocals, but vocals are not the focus?

The case is solid metal, all works as intended with my phone. I have used it since getting it for review, however long that timeframe is? It’s great, had a friend by three pairs! You can read my review, really I feel the same about the AVA, but somehow the charge even lasts longer, strangely?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back