Shozy Cygnus Official Thread
May 1, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #302 of 518
  Got the donuts.

beerchug.gif

May 5, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #306 of 518
The last time I used earbuds that fit like this are the old design Apple EarPods.. The issue I have with this style in general is bass usually seems to be lighter (compared to iems using the silicone insert) due to the lack of seal that is made. For example, with regular iems, if you lose the seal or the iems start to fall out, the bass response is nullified and highs become eradic.

1) Do you have the same issue here, not just with these but with any of the earphones with this style?

2) Is it a safe bet to say isolation is nonexistent?

May 5, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #307 of 518
The last time I used earbuds that fit like this are the old design Apple EarPods.. The issue I have with this style in general is bass usually seems to be lighter (compared to iems using the silicone insert) due to the lack of seal that is made. For example, with regular iems, if you lose the seal or the iems start to fall out, the bass response is nullified and highs become eradic.

1) Do you have the same issue here, not just with these but with any of the earphones with this style?

1) some earbuds need a good seal to sound good. Others like zen 2 do not even need foam. Earbuds are very unique bc you can change found sig with just switching foams. To answered your question, earbuds don't have the same problem that iems do.

2) there is no isolation, like open back headphones. It has its advantages. For people that are commuting that need to listen or people at work. I drive with earbuds bc I can hear other cars honk but I can also ear my music.

May 5, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #308 of 518

Yes, that is generally the problem with earbuds, they don't seal so it is hard to get a good balanced sound. That is why earbud enthusiasts look for high-end earbuds such as these because higher end earbuds have the ability to provide a very rich, balanced, and powerful sound compared to that of open back full size headphones even without the complete seal of IEMs. Most earbuds are anemic in bass and have poor control of their sound. High-end earbuds are characterized by their ability to provide accurate reproduction without a 100% seal. To answer your question:

1.) yes, these earbuds don't seal like IEMs. they are like the earpods. They are loose, comfortable out of the ear fit. However, because these are highly regarded product and one of the best earbuds, they provide accurate, lush sound similar or better to that of most IEMs so don't let the fact that they don't seal fool you. 

2.) Yes, isolation is almost zero since they don't seal. 

May 5, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #309 of 518
Yes, that is generally the problem with earbuds, they don't seal so it is hard to get a good balanced sound. That is why earbud enthusiasts look for high-end earbuds such as these because higher end earbuds have the ability to provide a very rich, balanced, and powerful sound compared to that of open back full size headphones even without the complete seal of IEMs. Most earbuds are anemic in bass and have poor control of their sound. High-end earbuds are characterized by their ability to provide accurate reproduction without a 100% seal. To answer your question:

1.) yes, these earbuds don't seal like IEMs. they are like the earpods. They are loose, comfortable out of the ear fit. However, because these are highly regarded product and one of the best earbuds, they provide accurate, lush sound similar or better to that of most IEMs so don't let the fact that they don't seal fool you. 

2.) Yes, isolation is almost zero since they don't seal. 

1) some earbuds need a good seal to sound good. Others like zen 2 do not even need foam. Earbuds are very unique bc you can change found sig with just switching foams. To answered your question, earbuds don't have the same problem that iems do.

2) there is no isolation, like open back headphones. It has its advantages. For people that are commuting that need to listen or people at work. I drive with earbuds bc I can hear other cars honk but I can also ear my music.

Thanks for the reply.. I may have to give these a shot. I definitely have always been a little leery of earbuds of this style due to the lack of bass, but if you all say there are a few higher end earbuds that still offer the thick sound found in iems, I'll have to give it a shot.

May 5, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #310 of 518

1) As mentioned, it totally depends on the earbuds. Whit I feel that the Cygnus benefits from a good seal, it is not as crucial as with other models. I don't have that much earbud experience yet but the FiiO EM3 and SoundMAGIC EP10 don't need a good fit and seal to have a sufficient bass response - they won't lose too much of it with a very loose fit.

2) It is. However, with the donut foam tips, there is a smidgen of isolation in my ears. Nothing worth being really considered as such though. The DUNU Titan 1 isolates much better in comparison, and it is no in-ear that is known for its isolation capabilities.

May 5, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #311 of 518
1) As mentioned, it totally depends on the earbuds. Whit I feel that the Cygnus benefits from a good seal, it is not as crucial as with other models. I don't have that much earbud experience yet but the FiiO EM3 and SoundMAGIC EP10 don't need a good fit and seal to have a sufficient bass response - they won't lose too much of it with a very loose fit.

2) It is. However, with the donut foam tips, there is a smidgen of isolation in my ears. Nothing worth being really considered as such though. The DUNU Titan 1 isolates much better in comparison, and it is no in-ear that is known for its isolation capabilities.

Thanks Chris.. All very helpful information. I greatly appreciate the response.

May 8, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #314 of 518
Hey guys, did the Shozy iems Zero share some similarities between Cygnus? I'm not more an iem guy, but I really like the Shozy products and for I've reading they're really nice for $50.

May 8, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #315 of 518
Hey guys, did the Shozy iems Zero share some similarities between Cygnus? I'm not more an iem guy, but I really like the Shozy products and for I've reading they're really nice for $50.

It's worth every penny. The music has weight :) some people are calling it bass heavy but it balances out after 50ish hours. I am not really an iem guy but it is extremely comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back