Shozy Cygnus Official Thread
Apr 27, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #272 of 518
I remember using Cardas blue smurf cables with HD-650 with excellent results compared to the stock cable but that was a cable costing $230 for headphones costing $500. I'd love to hear what the Black edition sound like some day. Meanwhile, I hope the Cygnus do the trick (=sound noticeably better than earpods)

Apr 27, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #273 of 518
I remember using Cardas blue smurf cables with HD-650 with excellent results compared to the stock cable but that was a cable costing $230 for headphones costing $500. I'd love to hear what the Black edition sound like some day. Meanwhile, I hope the Cygnus do the trick (=sound noticeably better than earpods)

Omg! Vs ear pods lol it's gonna be a huge difference but remember you need better foams than the stock ones that come with it

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #274 of 518
Omg! Vs ear pods lol it's gonna be a huge difference but remember you need better foams than the stock ones that come with it

Thx for the reminder about foams, I ordered Hiegi based on previous recommandations. I hope the Cygnus are not as finicky with fit as the earpods are (It's nerve wrecking to loose bass on one side every time an earbud barely moves)

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #275 of 518
  Thx for the reminder about foams, I ordered Hiegi based on previous recommandations. I hope the Cygnus are not as finicky with fit as the earpods are (It's nerve wrecking to loose bass on one side every time an earbud barely moves)

In terms of comfort and fit Cygnus is the best of my earbuds for sure, Yuin shell fit perfectly, but I think you can add an earhox for your earpods to solve this issue.

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #276 of 518
Nice!

In terms of comfort and fit Cygnus is the best of my earbuds for sure, Yuin shell fit perfectly, but I think you can add an earhox for your earpods to solve this issue.

Thx! I was wondering about those. Never tried Yuin although I was going to buy some PK2 when I ran into this interesting and highly tempting Cygnus thread!

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #278 of 518

Well, imvho the EarPods are pretty good earbuds at their price point. Somewhat tinny and bright lower treble/upper mids some might find unpleasant, but otherwise they are (imvho) really good at their price point. However, the Cygnus plays in a totally different (better) league. The Cygnus is technically better, not even just slightly.

Apr 28, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #282 of 518
Wow I forgot about the balanced Cygnus.. I bet that's way better than the normal Cygnus
eek.gif

Has anyone also noticed that Cygnus positively responsive to with amplifier? :hushed:

It should respond to different amplification

Yes I noticed a small improvement with amplifier. A definite improvement, but not a huge one. Cygnus was also great without amplifier.

Apr 29, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #285 of 518

Users who are viewing this thread

Back