Shozy Cygnus Official Thread
Apr 26, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #257 of 518
  I traded my cygnus away when I got the Zen 2.0 but they are really, really nice earbuds. I still recommend them to people who don't use amps. I always use amps 100% of the time, so the high power requirements of the Zen are not a problem for me. If I wanted to just use the headphone out of a DAP or my phone, I don't think I had any better option than the cygnus. Great earbud.

I still consider them to be one of the best earbuds I have heard all around, and the cable is one of the best ever.

I must be the only one who likes when cables go green.

For I've seen you love bass, your choice to keep Zen 2 over Cygnus is because bass quality? Or do you think Zen 2 is better overall? I'm live in a dilemma with Zen 2 if I buy it or not haha.. 

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #258 of 518

For I've seen you love bass, your choice to keep Zen 2 over Cygnus is because bass quality? Or do you think Zen 2 is better overall? I'm live in a dilemma with Zen 2 if I buy it or not haha.. 

It seems you know my tastes well
biggrin.gif

First, if you don't have an amp, keep Cygnus. I always use an amp, 100% of the time, so the fact that Cygnus sounds better without an amp wasn't a factor for me personally.

Zen 2.0 has better bass quality, just by a bit... Cygnus has really killer bass, don't get me wrong! But if you bass boost with an EQ, Zen 2.0 can take more EQing than the Cygnus can.

I use a Cayin C5 or G1217 Project Starlight for a headphone amp. I thought with both that the Zen 2.0 had fuller bass and treble was a bit more rolled off but was also relaxed and the mids were a bit smoother on the Zen 2.0.

If you get the Zen I don't think you will regret it, but if you don't have an amp, then you should get that before Zen.

Cygnus bass is so deep and clear though! I honestly think the Cygnus bass went just slightly deeper than the Zen does, but the Zen makes up for it by having much stronger & fuller bass presence.

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #259 of 518
I think the major point that most people need to know is that the Cygnus is the most comfortable earbud out. Mixed with the fact that it can easily be driven by an iPhone makes its a great everyday earbud. The zen however is tonally more evolved. Just be like us and buy every bud on the market..... Lol

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #261 of 518
The gold is next on my list of daps, how's it not having a screen tho?

No big deal actually...I thought I would get annoyed, but I just find myself more familiar with what I have on my microSD card. I do get annoyed sometimes when I am looking for a specific album and have to flip through a bunch to get to it though.

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #262 of 518

The gold is next on my list of daps, how's it not having a screen tho?

No big deal actually...I thought I would get annoyed, but I just find myself more familiar with what I have on my microSD card. I do get annoyed sometimes when I am looking for a specific album and have to flip through a bunch to get to it though.

I can imagine that could get annoying after awhile. on the other hand it will make up focus on the music more lol. 

for sound quality, do you find it to be your best DAP? someone recently compared it to the teraplayer...... a 10000 dap lol

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #263 of 518
I can imagine that could get annoying after awhile. on the other hand it will make up focus on the music more lol. 

for sound quality, do you find it to be your best DAP? someone recently compared it to the teraplayer...... a 10000 dap lol

Well...yes, right now it's doing really well. Better than my X5 and my X5 paired with an E12. Better than my iPod 5.5 with 128GB storage both alone and amped. Better than my Clip +, iPod Touch gen1 and the Shanling M2 I heard a little while back. The only thing that probably bests it is the Aune M2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back