Shozy Cygnus Official Thread
Mar 20, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #16 of 518
Cygnus and Alien DAP winging their way to me soon...heard too many good things to stay away...

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #20 of 518
Subbing this thread! I hope get my pair soon, at moment I just can understand the Japanese blog with translate, Chinese is a bit crazy the context. Also @yacobx will you receive your pair in this week? 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #21 of 518
  Subbing this thread! I hope get my pair soon, at moment I just can understand the Japanese blog with translate, Chinese is a bit crazy the context. Also @yacobx will you receive your pair in this week? 
rolleyes.gif

I just saw that the postal service has it in the city next to me! I should have it tomorrow!!!!!!

Mar 20, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #22 of 518
Hi guys, got a Cygnus here, figured maybe I could chime in 
tongue.gif

My opinion on these is so positive, they've been my daily driver ever since I sold my Noble 4 because of them :D
At first look, I thought they were like cheap earbuds because of the design but they feel really solid. Not to mention the cable is the nicest I've seen, so soft and no microphonic. I wish I could have this kind of cable for my CIEM, really.

I've read all other reviews in the first page. My impressions of them more or less the same, although I would say the best thing I first noticed when I put this on is the bass. It has a nice kick, not muddy and well defined.
As said, I was coming from Noble 4 which has little bass and more treble, so of course this difference in bass was really easy to notice for me.

They are not as detailed as my Noble 4 but they put enough detail for the music to be enjoyed.
They're okay for orchestra, just lacking in extension for my taste but since I usually listen to pop/rock/metal in the go and these earbuds do well with those genres.

Problem is the fit though. They don't sit tight and I have exhausted all my foams. I think I need to buy new ones that's more thick or something.

Mar 20, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #23 of 518
  Hi guys, got a Cygnus here, figured maybe I could chime in 
tongue.gif

My opinion on these is so positive, they've been my daily driver ever since I sold my Noble 4 because of them :D
At first look, I thought they were like cheap earbuds because of the design but they feel really solid. Not to mention the cable is the nicest I've seen, so soft and no microphonic. I wish I could have this kind of cable for my CIEM, really.

I've read all other reviews in the first page. My impressions of them more or less the same, although I would say the best thing I first noticed when I put this on is the bass. It has a nice kick, not muddy and well defined.
As said, I was coming from Noble 4 which has little bass and more treble, so of course this difference in bass was really easy to notice for me.

They are not as detailed as my Noble 4 but they put enough detail for the music to be enjoyed.
They're okay for orchestra, just lacking in extension for my taste but since I usually listen to pop/rock/metal in the go and these earbuds do well with those genres.

Problem is the fit though. They don't sit tight and I have exhausted all my foams. I think I need to buy new ones that's more thick or something.

Look for the Hiegi foams. They are thicker and generally last longer than others...

Mar 20, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #24 of 518
Hi guys, got a Cygnus here, figured maybe I could chime in :p

Wow!!! They took the place of your nobles! I'll add this to the first post when I get to a computer. Also, that is a wonderful photo! I see that your cables have not changed colors, people were saying that it was really easy for it to happen.

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #25 of 518
Look for the Hiegi foams. They are thicker and generally last longer than others...

Hey thanks! Found them from penonaudio and not expensive. Might order soms other time.

Wow!!! They took the place of your nobles! I'll add this to the first post when I get to a computer. Also, that is a wonderful photo! I see that your cables have not changed colors, people were saying that it was really easy for it to happen.

Most likely because I found these earbuds are more enjoyable albeit having less details and extension. Moving from this to N4, the N4 felt lifess.

Whoops :x
I made it monochrome because I don't want people to see mine has turned green already but since it's busted already...

I think in the course of around 3 months, it has turned that green.

Mar 20, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #27 of 518

Hey thanks! Found them from penonaudio and not expensive. Might order soms other time.

Most likely because I found these earbuds are more enjoyable albeit having less details and extension. Moving from this to N4, the N4 felt lifess.

Whoops :x
I made it monochrome because I don't want people to see mine has turned green already but since it's busted already...

I think in the course of around 3 months, it has turned that green.

Lol! I can understand the lifeless problem of the high end stuff. I don't care how green they get as long as I enjoy my music. I actually know a guy that makes foam ear tips that is in the process of creating memory foam donuts for earbuds which will be awesome! I'll let you know when he is done.

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #30 of 518
Lol! I can understand the lifeless problem of the high end stuff. I don't care how green they get as long as I enjoy my music. I actually know a guy that makes foam ear tips that is in the process of creating memory foam donuts for earbuds which will be awesome! I'll let you know when he is done.

I guess I was too much into analytical sound that even slightly warmer signature would wow me :|

I can take my time tho. Recently I've only used Cygnus with Aegis in library and it also acts as my backup.

Ah yes, that reminds me. Cygnus has good soundstage, but it suffers from poor isolation. In a quiet library, people could hear my song although I was listening on normal volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back