Shozy Cygnus Official Thread
Mar 21, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #31 of 518
I guess I was too much into analytical sound that even slightly warmer signature would wow me :|

I can take my time tho. Recently I've only used Cygnus with Aegis in library and it also acts as my backup.

Ah yes, that reminds me. Cygnus has good soundstage, but it suffers from poor isolation. In a quiet library, people could hear my song although I was listening on normal volume.

I agree the soundstage is very good, but I did not notice about the poor isolation. I have used the Cyngus in a few different environments (airplanes, coffee shops, etc) and a few different sources, and I do not think anyone could hear the music (or people just did not want to say anything). I have not used mine in a library or an equally quiet environment.

Mar 21, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #32 of 518
  I agree the soundstage is very good, but I did not notice about the poor isolation. I have used the Cyngus in a few different environments (airplanes, coffee shops, etc) and a few different sources, and I do not think anyone could hear the music (or people just did not want to say anything). I have not used mine in a library or an equally quiet environment.

I also didn't have leaking problems in the environments you mentioned, only in a quiet library.
Well, as for the isolation, to be able to talk with friends I normally have to take my IEMs off even without music playing because their passive isolation is good. The good thing about the Cygnus is, I could have them stay on my ears, pause song and talk to my friends like normal 
tongue.gif

Less hassle and safer when riding bike with them on since I could still hear what was going on around me.

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #33 of 518

I also didn't have leaking problems in the environments you mentioned, only in a quiet library.
Well, as for the isolation, to be able to talk with friends I normally have to take my IEMs off even without music playing because their passive isolation is good. The good thing about the Cygnus is, I could have them stay on my ears, pause song and talk to my friends like normal 
tongue.gif

Less hassle and safer when riding bike with them on since I could still hear what was going on around me.

Thank you for sharing and great to know. Correct me if I am wrong.... Cygnus has open back design like Yuin PK so it is vented more than typical earbud (such as VE Monk) if I understood correctly. How does it compare with other typical earbud such as VE Monk in terms of sound leakage. I also do not have to take VE Monk or any other earbud out of my ear when I talk to others but just pause music since earbud seal is not great anyhow comparing with IEM. 

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #37 of 518
coming from Zen 1.0, can they be considered an upgrade or shall I go to Zen 2.0? Im trying to look for a comparo review between Zen and Cygnus but failed to find one.

coming from Zen 1.0, can they be considered an upgrade or shall I go to Zen 2.0? Im trying to look for a comparo review between Zen and Cygnus but failed to find one.

You can try to ask in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up-update-april-25th-2015

I was actually talking to Lee over email about the zen 1 recently. He said that the asura 2.0 is a direct upgrade for it. The reason people liked the zen 1 is because it did not need a high quality amp to sound amazing. The zen 2 however is really dependent on high quality gear to sound good. I'll confirm tomorrow my thoughts on how it stacks up.

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #38 of 518
Got my Cygnus in the mail today. I REALLY like what I'm hearing so far :D

I'll try to do a quick comparison with my Zen 1, Zen 2, and MX980 in the next few days hopefully.

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #40 of 518
I was actually talking to Lee over email about the zen 1 recently. He said that the asura 2.0 is a direct upgrade for it. The reason people liked the zen 1 is because it did not need a high quality amp to sound amazing. The zen 2 however is really dependent on high quality gear to sound good. I'll confirm tomorrow my thoughts on how it stacks up.

While I think the overall sound signature of Zen 1 & Asura 2 are similar, I think that Zen 1 more reminds me of Monk (2?). To me Zen 1 sounds like a perfected Monk. I bought Zen 2 and could never really appreciate the sound signature (no matter what sources or amps, foams or silicon rings I used), so I traded it for a pair of Zen 1 which I loved from the first moment. In the same trade I included my pair of DK-Jin (plus some money) for a pair of Asura 2. I found that Asura 2 had too much focus on mids and not as balanced sound as Zen 1 and I ended up selling Asura 2 after only one week while I now treasure my pair of Zen 1.

This is my subjective opinion, of course.

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #41 of 518

While I think the overall sound signature of Zen 1 & Asura 2 are similar, I think that Zen 1 more reminds me of Monk (2?). To me Zen 1 sounds like a perfected Monk. I bought Zen 2 and could never really appreciate the sound signature (no matter what sources or amps, foams or silicon rings I used), so I traded it for a pair of Zen 1 which I loved from the first moment. In the same trade I included my pair of DK-Jin (plus some money) for a pair of Asura 2. I found that Asura 2 had too much focus on mids and not as balanced sound as Zen 1 and I ended up selling Asura 2 after only one week while I now treasure my pair of Zen 1.

This is my subjective opinion, of course.

Were you using foams with the asura? I found that the asura sounded terrible with any foam. Both the zen and asura sound best with no foam.

I'm pretty sure shozy made the Cygnus as direct competition to the zen 1. I think I heard somewhere that shozy and Lee used to work together.

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #42 of 518
Were you using foams with the asura? I found that the asura sounded terrible with any foam. Both the zen and asura sound best with no foam.

I'm pretty sure shozy made the Cygnus as direct competition to the zen 1. I think I heard somewhere that shozy and Lee used to work together.

Yep. Full foams. Asura 2 sounds nice and just like Yuin PK2 mids are great. But I felt I wanted better balance between lows, mids & highs...

Well, then I'm looking forward to hearing Cygnus!

Mar 22, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #43 of 518

Yep. Full foams. Asura 2 sounds nice and just like Yuin PK2 mids are great. But I felt I wanted better balance between lows, mids & highs...

Well, then I'm looking forward to hearing Cygnus!

Im excited to hear your thoughts on how the compare :) My Cygnus is here! ill let you guys know my thoughts after a lil burn in time.

Mar 22, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #44 of 518

how can i help you sir ? :)

Mar 22, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #45 of 518

Users who are viewing this thread

Back