Shozy Alien+
Aug 4, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #376 of 539
Thanks, I'm living with it.

Why isn't my folder hierarchy suitable, you don't support tags, how am I supposed to organise my music, I think the Shozy team wants everybody to be happy carrying around 400 x 1GB SD cards?

I think some honesty from Shozy on the file/folder limitations of this OS would be good, what are the maximums of files and folders, I want to put 400 WAV albums on here, so approx 4000 songs, is this going to work?

why don't you just put them under
artist> album> song.wav?

The limitations are briefly what you put there

Aug 9, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #378 of 539
Is new firmware available that fixes the crashes, it freezes, power button doesn't work, reset does?

Also the bug that you see when playing an album with x tracks, after track x, it starts playing track x+1 on another album, so album a with 12 tracks finishes it starts playing album b track 13?

Thanks.

Aug 10, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #379 of 539
Is new firmware available that fixes the crashes, it freezes, power button doesn't work, reset does?

Also the bug that you see when playing an album with x tracks, after track x, it starts playing track x+1 on another album, so album a with 12 tracks finishes it starts playing album b track 13?

Thanks.

Just to offer a balancing view to anyone new looking on here, these bugs seem to be isolated to one or a few people only. Possibly a bad unit or bad batch?
I've never experienced any of these; my Alien+ works just fine and sounds amazing, others on here have said the same :D

Aug 10, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #380 of 539
Just to offer a balancing view to anyone new looking on here, these bugs seem to be isolated to one or a few people only. Possibly a bad unit or bad batch?
I've never experienced any of these; my Alien+ works just fine and sounds amazing, others on here have said the same :D
To be fair I too have this issue. Though it happens not always. July firmware installed.
It may be "cured" by removing digits from track names.

Sometimes I have a next track starting to play when I press Back button =/

The sound of A+ is good, but UI needs a lot of work to do. No problems with file support after July firmware, though. A solid step up.

BTW A+ is more than enough to rock Fostex's 50RP, which is decent for such a small gadget.

Aug 11, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #381 of 539
20170811_174507[1].jpg

Probably the best voiced device I have heard besides Calyx-M and maybe better on some stuff.

It's a shame that is is a pain in the ass. My unit is a lemon. even with latest FW it stops after 5 seconds on .flac files

Still love the sound

Follow her down to a bridge by a fountainhttps://genius.com/The-beatles-lucy-in-the-sky-with-diamonds-lyrics#note-825570
Where rocking horse people eat marshmallow pies
Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers
That grow so incredibly high
Newspaper taxis appear on the shore
Waiting to take you away
Climb in the back with your head in the clouds
And you're gone

Attachments

• 20170811_174552[1].jpg
    20170811_174552[1].jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #382 of 539
Anyone located in the U.S. interested in lending me their A+ for a quick test?? I have a few pieces of gear that are hard to come by or have little info about. Maybe a temporary trade for a couple days? Check my feedback and PM me!

Aug 16, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #383 of 539
Any news on the FW operation/improvement? Or new sound impressions from old Shozy adherents or newly-converted ones?:) Guys, does anyone can say if the Shozy Alien+ delivers a more emotional/engaging listening experience (and more forgiving) than FiiO X7II with rock/metal records (which are notorious for their low quality and high compression)?

Aug 16, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #384 of 539
What is this like in comparison to hidiz ap200 or fiio x7ii or even opus 1? Just talking sound quality rather than android facility etc

Aug 16, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #385 of 539
I had a chance to make a brief comparison between Alien+, Opus #3 and QP1R a week ago . The iem's used were Periodic Audio Berillium and Lear LUF-3F (BA with 3 drivers). They are very close in terms of pure sound. Questyle sounds a bit colder with vocals laid back and veiled (this is only true when you compare it to warm sounding daps like other two). Opus has treble that sounds little more "rich" (also those can be a bit hursh when bright iem are used) and middle kinda closer to listener. But overall those three are beasts of the same efficiency. Also for some low sensitive or hard to drive iem i would deffinitely choose Alien+. For something like Katana or Andromeda, or Dorado i would go with Opus.

Aug 16, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #386 of 539
I had a chance to make a brief comparison between Alien+, Opus #3 and QP1R a week ago . The iem's used were Periodic Audio Berillium and Lear LUF-3F (BA with 3 drivers). They are very close in terms of pure sound. Questyle sounds a bit colder with vocals laid back and veiled (this is only true when you compare it to warm sounding daps like other two). Opus has treble that sounds little more "rich" (also those can be a bit hursh when bright iem are used) and middle kinda closer to listener. But overall those three are beasts of the same efficiency. Also for some low sensitive or hard to drive iem i would deffinitely choose Alien+. For something like Katana or Andromeda, or Dorado i would go with Opus.
Thank you, Thoth...I mean specKtre! :) Though I neither had a chance to hear Opus#3 nor QP1R, this comparison definitely speaks well for the Alien+ SQ.

Aug 16, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #388 of 539
Not sure about A+ but Alien Gold is very full bodied across the spectrum compared to all those "colder" DAPs. The sound reminds me of the type of analogue sheen from the old HiFiMAN units (601, etc.). The Alien is smoother, however, since it blurs the lower treble a little, giving way to emotional vocals. Upper bass is equally well controlled, and while one would think the combination of the two would lead to a flat soundstage, the Alien is extremely holographic. This trait is supposedly even better with the new version.

I would love to find an IEM that suits my hardcore/punk collection well, but as far as DAPs go I'm sure you won't be disappointed by the smooth, controlled response of the A+. On top of that, quick bass that goes deep on the Alien will add nice pacing to rythem and such.

Aug 18, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #389 of 539

Users who are viewing this thread

Back