Shozy Alien+
Feb 2, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #62 of 539
Now this I gotta see! Subbed.

For the meme fight or the DAP ?
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #66 of 539
NLNH How many volume steps?

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #69 of 539
  Does it have a balanced output? I didnt see that in the writeup.

nop

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i personally still want someone to help proof why balanced is better on a portable setup.
I'm a balanced believer for desktop gears but then for portable under the current power constraints is it really doing good? (technically)

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #71 of 539
So I just got my beta-testing unit for the Alien+ today.

Some initial impressions:
1) At first it sounds brighter than the Alien but after awhile you'd realize it's actually not as bright.
2) Sound signature overall is very neutral, with a small peak in the treble.
3) Soundstage is a huge improvement over its predecessor and the output on this DAP could easily drive headphones.
4) Built quality is fairly solid, it would remind you of something like the Pawgold.

Will give further inputs once the player has been run in for at least 100 hours.

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #73 of 539

1) At first it sounds brighter than the Alien but after awhile you'd realize it's actually not as bright.
3) Soundstage is a huge improvement over its predecessor and the output on this DAP could easily drive headphones.
4) Built quality is fairly solid, it would remind you of something like the Pawgold.

Will give further inputs once the player has been run in for at least 100 hours.

What about some photos before more impressions?
Thanks.

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #74 of 539

That's good to hear, I was a little worried because AKM DAC and MUSES OPAMP made me assume it would be very warm.

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #75 of 539

Thanks, I am eagerly awaiting for your impressions after you got some time with the newcomer !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back