Shozy Alien+
Jan 17, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #16 of 539
  Somehow resembles the AUNE M2.  I wonder if this will be priced around the same price range, or instead more of a competition to the M1s.  Any ideas on the specs?

I emailed Shozy, and was told they can't release any info quite yet, but "soon"...

It does look a little like the M2. I am hoping the pricing stays somewhere around the Alien mark, maybe a little more to cover the screen. 

If the OS is barebones, like the original Alien, and it supports only WAV still (with limited FLAC) I am okay with it. The less they change in the sound department the better in my humble opinion.

Jan 20, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #17 of 539
I pestered Shozy again, since it has been about a week since I last spoke to them. Still no updates, but a promise of "a big step up from the Alien".

There was mention of a line out (which the Alien never had), easy navigation and continued good sound....so I am still interested...will let you folks know if I get any more info.

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #20 of 539
  Yeh saw the Alien with the Mojo, hence confirming line out. I never minded the Alien had no line out, it was very clean HO anyway.

That is using the optical :wink: but there is some strong 3.5 Lineout.....

The Alien+ is twice the size of the original alien, expect cleaner background (much cleaner) and way more resolution!

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #22 of 539
Sounds awesome! I am officially interested...

Guess it will back order severely for the first run and I'm sure the sound wont dissapoint

g1360968233789162769.jpg

a tiny bit more spoiler,
alike the concept of sony pcm d50/d1 we don't use systems (android/ linux) that put a heavy load on the CPU and create tons of issues that makes tuning very difficult, also file playback formats are limited.
The Alien+ is again, built for those who are buying DAP for the sound, not functions (and hopefully this time the navigation is ''not that aweful'' to some)

We are trying to slim down the coding and the menu/ wordbank/ options are minimized. AND we got you shuffle mode this time! 

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #24 of 539

Guess it will back order severely for the first run and I'm sure the sound wont dissapoint

g1360968233789162769.jpg

a tiny bit more spoiler,
alike the concept of sony pcm d50/d1 we don't use systems (android/ linux) that put a heavy load on the CPU and create tons of issues that makes tuning very difficult, also file playback formats are limited.
The Alien+ is again, built for those who are buying DAP for the sound, not functions (and hopefully this time the navigation is ''not that aweful'' to some)

We are trying to slim down the coding and the menu/ wordbank/ options are minimized. AND we got you shuffle mode this time! 

Urgh... no MP3 support. And the last Alien had a shuffle mode :|

Jan 22, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #25 of 539

a tiny bit more spoiler,

Urgh... no MP3 support. And the last Alien had a shuffle mode :|

Shuffle mode is not that important but more important thing is start where it was stop last time. It is drove me crazy to start from the beginning all the time. 
It may be easier this time since it has screen though.

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #26 of 539

Shuffle mode is not that important but more important thing is start where it was stop last time. It is drove me crazy to start from the beginning all the time. 

I got a C3 recently, it has a screen, no autoresume, sad to say it's still frustrating lol

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #27 of 539

Considered the Walnut? has resume but no shuffle lol

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #28 of 539

I got a C3 recently, it has a screen, no autoresume, sad to say it's still frustrating lol

I fully understand. Any DAP without autoresume is frustrating to use...

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #29 of 539

Considered the Walnut? has resume but no shuffle lol

Yes, I do have Walnut and like it quite a lot. It is not perfect but it has autoresume and it is much useable for me.. And it plays MP3 files, too. (no FLAC but MP3 & WAV file though). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back