Shozy 5 ba thread (includes both neo BG 5 and Pentacle)
Nov 13, 2018 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

suman134

Headphoneus Supremus
I think we need a thread for the newer Shozy 5 driver earphones, Neo BG 5 and Pentacle.

The pentacle:-

‘’ A more premium hand-built audio solution for your daily commute''
It all started when we notice there is a gap between our collaboration product line with Advanced Acousticwerkes (AAW), renowned for their custom IEMs crafting qualities. We have released a few Hibikis Single DD iems, POLA electrostatic (upcoming) and there hasn't been hand crafted, balanced armature based designs. Therefore we come up with Pentacle, our rendition of ''enjoyable sound on the go''. AAW has always been known for strong bass quality reproduction, thus and so we hope to embed such audio excellence into Pentacle - specifically designed for daily commuters travelling with low powered device i.e. phones, small daps. Fusing premium hand crafting goodness, premium wood faceplates and good isolation, we hope you could enjoy your daily travels with relaxing sound.

Sound properties
Punchy, dynamic sound with strong vocal texture combines into an immersive listening experience on the go. Sensitive driver config coming with 2-pin sockets allows fine tweaks fitting your personal preference!

Specifications

Sensitivity 117 dB
THD <1 %
Impedance 36 ohm
Frequency response 20Hz-20000Hz

DSC012522.jpg

2pin socket.

The Neo BG 5ba:-

DSC013392.jpg

DSC01344.JPG

Specifications

Impedance 22ohm
Sensitivity 110dB SPL/mW
Frequency response 20Hz-20000Hz
Driver config 5ba Electrical + Passive crossovers
Passive noise isolation 25db

Technical highlights:

5BA drivers with metallic filter nozzles, 22955 Bass driver from Knowless paired with custom made tweeter for a grand, dynamic presentation with sweet vocals and smooth extensions on both ends!

MMCX socket.

Nov 15, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #4 of 21
Great, I'm waiting for the reviews of these two.

Nov 17, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #5 of 21
Both look terrific, it's curious how they compare in both tonality and overall SQ.

Nov 17, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #6 of 21
BTW, here is the review from cleg

Nov 17, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #7 of 21
Both look terrific, it's curious how they compare in both tonality and overall SQ.
I find the Pentacle and BG5 really close when it comes to details retrieval. The pentacle has better tonality, slightly better micro details and treble extension.

Seems like Video reviews are the future. But expect my old school written review in 3-4 weeks.

Dec 27, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #9 of 21
Any updates on both of this? Looking forward to reviews and comparisons..
I will be making a comparison video with both the earphones in a couple of days, will share the link. Written reviews will take a while.

I have already compared the pentacle with 4 other earphones, search fibae 3 comparison, channel is eargasmic.:)

Dec 27, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #10 of 21
Reserved for Pentacle Video.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back