Should I Write to Suggest Alessandro to Make Their Version of PS-1 Pro?
Jun 18, 2004 at 1:37 PM Post #16 of 67
I don't see why Grado wouldn't license the PS-1 to Allessandro. The point of a license is to make money, and if Allessandro see the demand, they will pay the license per item and make a tidy profit.

The only political issue is that Grado may want a PS-1 to be available from them in the states as well, so that Allessandro doesn't eat up their domestic profits on the PS-1.

The next problem: what should Allessandro call the PS-1? They already have a 'Pro' headphone... would they now have "MS-Pro-Pro"? Or change the existing MS-Pro to "MS-Pro2" and make the PS-1 a "MS-Pro1"? Anyway, small detail for the marketing kids to work out...

Technically, how would they change the PS-1 sound to fit in the MS line? Make it MORE neutral? I thought the PS-1 already was the most neutral!?! So they'll be saying "Let's make it more balanced than perfectly balanced, which people think it already is..."

Anyway, I'm with you...

Let's all starting emailing them.

Eventually, they will be so annoyed by the mails we generate, they will have to put them out to shut us up!

Jun 18, 2004 at 1:41 PM Post #17 of 67
frankly i dont really think it's up to alessandro - i believe you'd get more headway emailing grado.

but then again, grado labs has never really cared about following sound business principles now have they?
frown.gif

Jun 18, 2004 at 1:50 PM Post #18 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by chillysalsa
I don't see why Grado wouldn't license the PS-1 to Allessandro. The point of a license is to make money, and if Allessandro see the demand, they will pay the license per item and make a tidy profit.

The only political issue is that Grado may want a PS-1 to be available from them in the states as well, so that Allessandro doesn't eat up their domestic profits on the PS-1.

The next problem: what should Allessandro call the PS-1? They already have a 'Pro' headphone... would they now have "MS-Pro-Pro"? Or change the existing MS-Pro to "MS-Pro2" and make the PS-1 a "MS-Pro1"? Anyway, small detail for the marketing kids to work out...

Technically, how would they change the PS-1 sound to fit in the MS line? Make it MORE neutral? I thought the PS-1 already was the most neutral!?! So they'll be saying "Let's make it more balanced than perfectly balanced, which people think it already is..."

Anyway, I'm with you...

Let's all starting emailing them.

Eventually, they will be so annoyed by the mails we generate, they will have to put them out to shut us up!

Really hope so dear chillysalsa... And I think Alessandro's having their version of PS-1 will not interfere Grado's market because they already have Music Series headphones on sale; not to mention Grado has not even put PS-1 on regular sale yet.

Jun 18, 2004 at 1:55 PM Post #19 of 67
By the way, if the difference between RS-1/Music Series Pro and PS-1 is "only" the earcups, and if Alessandro couldn't make their PS-1 in the end, maybe then we can try to get them change Music Series Pro's earcups to the same as PS-1's, which will then be of no difference?

Jun 18, 2004 at 2:14 PM Post #20 of 67
Agreed unless they feel that the wood cups are inherently superior...

The trial is to get John to somehow sell them directly in the US without the hop to Germany. Any way we can manage this will be ideal. I think Alessandro could be a good bet to start with. Perhaps they need to listen to a pair! Is anyone willing to ship them a pair for a listen and comparison to their top dogs?

Jun 18, 2004 at 4:40 PM Post #21 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Agreed unless they feel that the wood cups are inherently superior...

The trial is to get John to somehow sell them directly in the US without the hop to Germany. Any way we can manage this will be ideal. I think Alessandro could be a good bet to start with. Perhaps they need to listen to a pair! Is anyone willing to ship them a pair for a listen and comparison to their top dogs?

Good idea...
smily_headphones1.gif
What I think is that we write Alessandro to arise their interest first and if they want then send them a pair of PS-1's for auditioning. Sounds good?

Jun 19, 2004 at 8:02 AM Post #24 of 67
As far as I know the people that placed the order from the germen dist are the ones to hold sale rites. they will never give that out and even if grado wanted to make the avail state side they would have to buy the rites off the guys who placed the order.

like if I went to grado and placed a speacil order, grado is not legally able to sell them without my consent. and you know at a $1400 i would never give the rite to grado cause its a money maker.

anyone know who the speacil order was for??
i wanna see if you guys know?

Jun 19, 2004 at 8:15 AM Post #25 of 67
Well if, like I said, the true difference between RS-1/Music Series Pro and PS-1 is only the earcups and nothing else, which make all the differences or improvement of sound, then I think it should be of no problem for Alessandro to change the earcup material for Music Series Pro. They have the right to use any materials for their headphones in this aspect, don't they?

Jun 19, 2004 at 8:59 AM Post #27 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
your to late to read what was said...haha

You're too late to delete it... haha!
4_1_72.gif
I'm subscribed to my own thread so you can never hide what you have said.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
bhd812 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Should I Write to Suggest Alessandro to Make Their Version of PS-1 Pro? - in the Headphones forum of Head-Fi (Headphone Hi-Fi).

This thread is located at:
http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...3&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
legally they cant make the ps-1 cups, that would be infingeing on the companies speacil order and design.

the two things that give the ps-1 there sound

no button (take the 325 button off and you got ms-2)
the metal cup itself (rs-1 size made from same crap the 325)
driver is believed to be not from the rs-1 but the 325. test it out and see

you can have a metal machine shop make you a set of metal cups if you gave them the ps-1 cups, but if you tell anyone on headfi or even dare to sell them, then you would be infingeing on a legal trade mark...not of grado but of the company who placed the order.

this is what I was told, and I cant say much more legally.....

if you do try the cups in copper..........you just might like them

About the difference between SR325 and MS-2, you are completely wrong. The botton of SR325 does not have any effect on the sound and the difference in direction of sound between MS-2 and SR325 is big. I don't know about the drivers of PS-1 but I would guess you are wrong about that as well.

Jun 19, 2004 at 9:35 AM Post #28 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shang-Ti Chen
You're too late to delete it... haha!
4_1_72.gif
I'm subscribed to my own thread so you can never hide what you have said.

About the difference between SR325 and MS-2, you are completely wrong. The botton of SR325 does not have any effect on the sound and the difference in direction of sound between MS-2 and SR325 is big. I don't know about the drivers of PS-1 but I would guess you are wrong about that as well.

oye?

I guess your rite, after all its not like I had a funded research project.....

hehehe

its not like I had the company to back that research up to....

yelp i guess your rite, I was just messing around

Jun 19, 2004 at 2:37 PM Post #29 of 67
The PS-1 is not just a MS Pro or a RS-1 with Metal earcups. There is a lot more to it than just that. John Grado was going to tell me all the details, but Tuberoller stopped him, LOL!

But, it's all about Damping folks, and I'll leave it as that.

Jun 19, 2004 at 3:07 PM Post #30 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
The PS-1 is not just a MS Pro or a RS-1 with Metal earcups. There is a lot more to it than just that. John Grado was going to tell me all the details, but Tuberoller stopped him, LOL!

Why?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back