Should I Write to Suggest Alessandro to Make Their Version of PS-1 Pro?
post-845024
Thread Starter
Post #1 of 67

Shang-Ti Chen

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 18, 2003
Messages
781
Reaction score
10
Joined
Nov 18, 2003
Posts
781
Likes
10
Just thought of this... Do you think it's a good idea to write Alessandro and suggest them to consider making their counterpart version of PS-1 Pro? I think if they do it must be great and the most importantly, the phones will not cost as eat-people-no-spit-the-bones expensive as Grado PS-1 Pro.
 
     Share This Post       
post-845030
Post #2 of 67

Canman

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 13, 2003
Messages
3,667
Reaction score
14
Joined
May 13, 2003
Posts
3,667
Likes
14
It would be great if the PS-1 was available at a cheaper price, but that doesn't get around the fact that the design is licensed to the German distributor.
 
     Share This Post       
post-845032
Post #3 of 67

Shang-Ti Chen

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 18, 2003
Messages
781
Reaction score
10
Joined
Nov 18, 2003
Posts
781
Likes
10
So Alessandro has to get Grado's license to make their counterpart version of PS-1?
 
     Share This Post       
post-845181
Post #4 of 67

Canman

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 13, 2003
Messages
3,667
Reaction score
14
Joined
May 13, 2003
Posts
3,667
Likes
14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shang-Ti Chen
So Alessandro has to get Grado's license to make their counterpart version of PS-1?


That is correct, however from the information that we have the German distributor of the PS-1 already has that license.
 
     Share This Post       
post-845281
Post #6 of 67

psxguy85

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 21, 2003
Messages
951
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jun 21, 2003
Posts
951
Likes
10
I guess the PS-1 is only for those who are lucky enough to have a fund already saved up, or blessed enough to be able to buy it on a whim. Ah well, I've started saving up for the $1400, and I'm $400 there already.
 
     Share This Post       
post-845362
Post #7 of 67

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Messages
3,487
Reaction score
18
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Posts
3,487
Likes
18
Funny, I just emailed them yesterday and here was their response:

"We felt there was no reason to add a new phone as the MS-Pro is already as good as it gets."

Sigh...

Biggie.
 
     Share This Post       
post-845374
Post #8 of 67

raif

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 23, 2002
Messages
2,046
Reaction score
16
Joined
Jan 23, 2002
Posts
2,046
Likes
16
Quote:

Originally Posted by psxguy85
I guess the PS-1 is only for those who are lucky enough to have a fund already saved up, or blessed enough to be able to buy it on a whim.


I didn't buy it on a whim, I waited a full 24 hours after the berkeley meet before buying them.
 
     Share This Post       
post-845405
Post #9 of 67

psxguy85

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 21, 2003
Messages
951
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jun 21, 2003
Posts
951
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
I didn't buy it on a whim, I waited a full 24 hours after the berkeley meet before buying them.



Aannnnd the jealousy grows.
 
     Share This Post       
post-845970
Post #10 of 67

Shang-Ti Chen

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 18, 2003
Messages
781
Reaction score
10
Joined
Nov 18, 2003
Posts
781
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
Funny, I just emailed them yesterday and here was their response:

"We felt there was no reason to add a new phone as the MS-Pro is already as good as it gets."

Sigh...

Biggie.



Dear Biggie, did you exactly suggest them about making their PS-1 counterpart? I will write them and see what they say... I think it's a good idea to tell them that most of the true head-fiers think metallic earcups give better sound and prefer that. Maybe, too, even if they don't make their counterpart of PS-1 Pro they can consider changing MS Pro to the same metallic earcups?
 
     Share This Post       
post-846053
Post #11 of 67

Zanth

SHAman who knew of Head-Fi ten years prior to its existence
Joined
Oct 11, 2001
Messages
9,570
Reaction score
37
Joined
Oct 11, 2001
Posts
9,570
Likes
37
Hmmm, I think I am a true head-fier and I would say the mahogany is quite remarkable for what it is able to do. It is unlike any other phone. The RS-1's do what no other grado (save for a close second from RS-2, but for me its not so close) does. The PS-1's are fine phones no doubt, but for me at least, this is a lateral move more than a vertical one. To each his own though. But as Alessandro and Grado feel...mahogany rules them all...

Back on topic, too bad Alessandro can't get them down in price...
 
     Share This Post       
post-846058
Post #12 of 67
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
344
Reaction score
0
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Posts
344
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
I didn't buy it on a whim, I waited a full 24 hours after the berkeley meet before buying them.



Considering the number of wallets headphones have killed, I'm surprised there isn't a waiting period (plus background check, etc.) for buying them...
 
     Share This Post       
post-846366
Post #13 of 67

pirate

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
427
Reaction score
0
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Posts
427
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shang-Ti Chen
Dear Biggie, did you exactly suggest them about making their PS-1 counterpart? I will write them and see what they say... I think it's a good idea to tell them that most of the true head-fiers think metallic earcups give better sound and prefer that. Maybe, too, even if they don't make their counterpart of PS-1 Pro they can consider changing MS Pro to the same metallic earcups?


Perhaps if they recieve many requests for an Alessandro version of the PS-1, they may change their minds.
 
     Share This Post       
post-846382
Post #14 of 67

Permonic

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 12, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
10
Joined
Dec 12, 2003
Posts
1,178
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by pirate
Perhaps if they recieve many requests for an Alessandro version of the PS-1, they may change their minds.


I definitely agree. If there would be enough potential customers, or even the group of buyers, which would place an order for the custom made PS-1's.
 
     Share This Post       
post-846427
Post #15 of 67

Shang-Ti Chen

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 18, 2003
Messages
781
Reaction score
10
Joined
Nov 18, 2003
Posts
781
Likes
10
Ok I think I'll start another thread to gather people to help making request to Alessandro in considering making their Music Series version of PS-1. With Alessandro's direction of sound I believe if they really have their PS-1 it will be deadly tempting and probably even better than Grado's PS-1 itself and not to mention the price would likely be lower as well.
Is anybody with me?
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top