Should I watch movie with my 5.1 speaker, or watch movie with my grado 225?
Sep 18, 2010 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

headpower

New Head-Fier
I have polkaudio rm705 5.1 speaker system paired with pioneer vsx 919ahk amp, I know my 5.1 sucks compare to my grado 225 when I listen to music, but what about movies? Do I get more out of the 5.1 with my speaker system or should I just watch the movie with my headphone listening Dolby 2.0

Sep 18, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #3 of 6
I prefer watching movies on my 5.1 HT setup because even good stereo headphones just can't seem to compete with the humongous soundstage and imaging offered by the speakers. Plus, I don't usually watch movies by myself, and I figured that others would like to hear what's going on as well.

Sep 18, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #4 of 6
Home theater systems don't tend to be very good for music.
Watch your movie with your 5.1 and music with your Grado's.

Sep 18, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by varsitypride3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Home theater systems don't tend to be very good for music.
Watch your movie with your 5.1 and music with your Grado's.

My point exactly!

Sep 18, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
I have polkaudio rm705 5.1 speaker system paired with pioneer vsx 919ahk amp, I know my 5.1 sucks compare to my grado 225 when I listen to music, but what about movies? Do I get more out of the 5.1 with my speaker system or should I just watch the movie with my headphone listening Dolby 2.0

Just use your ears. I have only heard the SR80 but I am sure there is better headphones for movie watching then the 225. The best success I got with movies is with the Pro 900. Soundstage incredibly by headphone standards. It has the sub bass you want when it´s called for. The mid range is stacked with emotion for me. Good with voices, piano and it isolates decently as well. Which is a big plus since I sometimes watch movies on my computer which isn´t totally silent. Honestly I use it more often then my speakers due to feeling more involved with the movie. So easy to get distracted by my cats running in with mices or phone ringing or other incredibly annoying ambient sounds
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back