Should I give up on Grado already?
Feb 2, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #61 of 72
I have the same experience with grados too. I really do love the sound, and if my ears could withstand the grado sound, I would be a grado man, but even low volume listening on grados drive my ears mad with numbness. I'm concerned about my ears and ever since my HD650s I've not had a problem with going temporarily deaf.

Feb 2, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #62 of 72
Grado's do some magic with music, no doubt about it. And if you do like them once, it is not that easy to just forget. Now, I have new project ahead, so I can concentrate on it. Later, when I am close to finish it, I can try something else.
Coming Sunday we have Dutch meet, so I can audition a lot of new phones, that's very good. but most important, I can try a lot of different amps for my K1. Just keep your eyes on impressions thread, after all.
k1000smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by augustwest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you do decide to give up on the Grados, I would recommend that you take a look at the Beyer dt990’s. They “rock” really well too. The only thing about them to keep in mind is that you will need to amp them to get the best performance from them. The 990’s are extremely comfortable too.

- augustwest

Feb 2, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #63 of 72
I think that's the most problem of all people, who tried and tried and tried, but never do a modd with them.
Believe me LIBERATORS are very good solution to all grado line, up to SR325. I am trying to get some of those for RS series as well, because I am just interested in effects.
Pads or balls are history, IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goorackerelite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the same experience with grados too. I really do love the sound, and if my ears could withstand the grado sound, I would be a grado man, but even low volume listening on grados drive my ears mad with numbness. I'm concerned about my ears and ever since my HD650s I've not had a problem with going temporarily deaf.

Feb 2, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #67 of 72
Blackmore, you keep mentioning the Liberators, but have you noticed they are no longer available on eBay?
Do you have any other contact information for them?

Feb 3, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #68 of 72
Yes I still have directly contact to those guys from Krakow, Poland. They have a lot of stuff to do lately, with DarkOne amp projects, so no time for such thing as LIBERATORS for RS series. But one day it will happend.
Just use this link and you will find another link to the HEADPHONEGURU site plus all contacts

http://www.dark-audio.com/

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blackmore, you keep mentioning the Liberators, but have you noticed they are no longer available on eBay?
Do you have any other contact information for them?

Feb 3, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #69 of 72
if they only make a grado sounding heaphone with all the comforts of say a senn or a AKG...then it'd be paradise! i got rid of the black factory sandpaper donuts of doom and took on the HD414 pads--more comfortable.

Feb 3, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #70 of 72
It is very more than worth to try those thing. I did and other people as well, just jump to those links or search at the HEADPHONE forum for links with LIBERATORS and you will find more info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost Hog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if they only make a grado sounding heaphone with all the comforts of say a senn or a AKG...then it'd be paradise! i got rid of the black factory sandpaper donuts of doom and took on the HD414 pads--more comfortable.

Feb 3, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #71 of 72
The bowls irritating the tip of my ears after awhile too. I find the HD414 flats and sr-60 comfies to be much more comfortable.

If you don't like the sound then yeah, it just isn't your thing
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 9:39 AM Post #72 of 72

Users who are viewing this thread

Back