Should I get the V-Moda XS or M-100?
Apr 14, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #16 of 51
I don't think Apple carries V-MODA products anymore. You should call before you waste an hour's worth of driving. I think the XS will provide you with more than enough bass and there's always EQ. For some reason, the bass output of the M-100 gets super exaggerated on Head-Fi.

Oh, and if you order from V-MODA directly, you'll get free custom engraved shields and an audio-only cable. It's worth the extra $12 over Amazon.

Apr 14, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #17 of 51
  I don't think Apple carries V-MODA products anymore. You should call before you waste an hour's worth of driving. I think the XS will provide you with more than enough bass and there's always EQ. For some reason, the bass output of the M-100 gets super exaggerated on Head-Fi.

Oh, and if you order from V-MODA directly, you'll get free custom engraved shields and an audio-only cable. It's worth the extra $12 over Amazon.

Really? I'd like some custom shields! I was gonna buy some gold ones anyways.

Apr 14, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #18 of 51
Yeah. Check out their site and you can add the shields to your order with no extra charge.

http://v-moda.com/xs/

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #20 of 51
Hello could you do a comparison for me between the M100 & XS. I got a link to a playlist on youtube try any songs on them and tell me which performs better, I have a slight feeling the XS will win but I just want to make sure here the link http://m.youtube.com/?#/playlist?list=PLD27A8BDDBEA3395A let me know which tracks you listened to and how they compare to each other thankyou :)

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #21 of 51
I think you would be happy with either but just remember the M100 have quite a bit of bass.

Apr 18, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #22 of 51
Hello could you do a comparison for me between the M100 & XS. I got a link to a playlist on youtube try any songs on them and tell me which performs better, I have a slight feeling the XS will win but I just want to make sure here the link http://m.youtube.com/?#/playlist?list=PLD27A8BDDBEA3395A let me know which tracks you listened to and how they compare to each other thankyou :)

When the bass drops at around 0:50 for the first song, the M-100 hit harder than the XS. Throughout the song, the reverberations in the lower end had more texture when played thought the M-100. The XS displayed more clarity throughout, and cymbals could be heard much clearer.

Goes to show the M-100 has a bassier sound signature.

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #25 of 51
About as much punch as a drunken kangaroo.

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #27 of 51
Which of these 2 headphones should I get? I mainly listen to edm/dubstep such as Skrillex or Lindsey Stirling and rock/alternative rock such as Red, Linkin Park, or Disturbed. I would use them to go out as well, so isolation is important considering I don't want to hear the sound of cars and buses over my music.

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #28 of 51
Which of these 2 headphones should I get? I mainly listen to edm/dubstep such as Skrillex or Lindsey Stirling and rock/alternative rock such as Red, Linkin Park, or Disturbed. I would use them to go out as well, so isolation is important considering I don't want to hear the sound of cars and buses over my music.

Bass + Isolation => get M-100

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #30 of 51
Mostly smooth and warm, the XS has slightly more detail and clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back