Should I get the Grado RS-2?
Apr 3, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #16 of 20
Yeah now all I have to do is transfer some cashflo to my account and I will be on my way to the Reference Series. I have always wanted a woody grado, here is my chance. Would anyone argue that it has more detail than the 650s?

Apr 3, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #17 of 20
I will agree that the RS-2 is a fantastic hp. For a Grado it has a nice warm signature IMO.
One word of advice (speaking from experience here) , if you can ,purchase them from a brick and mortar establishment. If you can compare a few samples of the hp side by side it would be ideal. Grado woodies unfortunately can suffer from questionable QC at times. Spend a few bucks extra for the piece of mind.
Either way, ENJOY them.
wink.gif

PS : Detail in spades.

Apr 3, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by makasin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah now all I have to do is transfer some cashflo to my account and I will be on my way to the Reference Series. I have always wanted a woody grado, here is my chance. Would anyone argue that it has more detail than the 650s?

If there was ever a comparison which would justify the terms "Blows it out of the water" IMO, that would be applicable to the articulate deep bass and detail resolution in the midrange of the RS-2s vs 650s......

As you will soon find out, as well as the "Sennhieser Veil" when these two phones are contrasted.

Congrats on a fine choice~

Apr 3, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #19 of 20
Yeah I will have to see. I also listen to lots of electronica, some rap, rock, metal, and live concerts. What genres would the RS2s be "not as suitable" as the 650s?
Anyone?

Apr 4, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #20 of 20
How is the bass output of the RS2s compared to the 225s and the 650s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back