Should I buy the Audio-Technica ATHM50S ?
May 29, 2012 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Danny1

New Head-Fier
I'm new to headphones, and out of all the headphones in the $100-$150 is seems these have turned up in every forum saying they are the best. I like listening to rap, rock, alt. rock, funk, and dubstep. I love bass! I want some over-ear headphones that have noice cancellation. Should I get these headphones, or are there something better for the price that also look good?

May 29, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 11
They don't have noise cancelling, but they have pretty decent isolation. They're definitely a good option if you want something bassy.

Another one to look into is the Ultrasone HFI-580's. They have even more bass, plus better mids.

May 29, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 11
I really enjoy my M50's. With the Beyer DT250 pads, they've become quite the head rattler with bass, with the right EQinig. Unfortunately, the M50s do not have any sort of active noise canceling. They just block out some ambient noise by their closed design alone. While the M50s get good reviews pretty much everywhere, The Phillips CityScape Uptown, from what I've seen and read but not heard personally, sound similar and are savvy for those concerned with looks. Decent review here. You may want to check out the Shure SRH-840. The two I've mentioned and the M50s are in the same price range.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum!

May 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #4 of 11
Thanks alot for your help and advice ^_^ But what do you mean by noise cancelation? Does that meen the headphones don't block out sound when your listening to music?

May 30, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
Thanks alot for your help and advice ^_^ But what do you mean by noise cancelation? Does that meen the headphones don't block out sound when your listening to music?

He meant that they don't block sounds at 100% but the isolation is pretty decent. 

May 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #6 of 11
Thanks! Also, I'd have to ask, I was also thinking about purchasing an Ipod touch 4th gen. But now I hear the Zune HD (newer model) is way better. I found a Zune HD for about $130 used, like new so I'd like to know, is the Ipod Touch 4th gen. better than a Zune HD?

May 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #8 of 11
Im getting mixed responses from that link. I really need an unbiased answer from someone who as owned both, from what I read from that its 1/3 think zune is better 1/3 thinks Ipod touch is same/better and the other 1/3 like the cowon J3 so I don't know what to do.

May 31, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #10 of 11
I used iPod before, but went to sansa/cowon route. They are nice alternatives. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back