short pre-burn in er6i impression
Sep 9, 2004 at 8:38 PM Post #61 of 72
Hi everybody
nice to see that there is a new canalphone to test
smily_headphones1.gif

All of my friends are thinking I'm crazy and I think that I spend to much money for these little things, but k, everybody knows this
smily_headphones1.gif

I got Shure E2 a few months ago and am very pleased with them, in my opinion they are really better than my old Koss Porta Pro, especially in details, but i really would like to test the Etys. What is the best way to get the Etys here in Germany? And what will they cost with shipping and so on?

greetings
Andy

Sep 9, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #62 of 72
The Ety's are available all over eBay.

That's where I got mine. I placed my order and they were with me the next day. Not bad at all.

Been listening to the ER6i's all day today, walking around in the sun and simply enjoying the sound.

They are stunning for the money!
etysmile.gif

Oh yes: About 150 EUR including next day delivery

Sep 17, 2004 at 8:05 PM Post #65 of 72
I'm from the UK. Got the ER6i last week here. I was pretty impressed with them. Sound was detailed but bass was a little light for me. Great fit but they do feel a little flimsy. Then I was in NYC this week on a business trip, walked into J&R Music and they had the Shure E5c for $200 dollars less than the cheapest price you can get them for in the UK. Just had to have them.

It's a price hike - yes. But I can really say that the difference is stunning. Bass is full, but not overdone in my opinion. And the whole sound has a depth and vitality that makes the Etys sound thin.

Sep 17, 2004 at 8:47 PM Post #66 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
A two of two track record for the tri-flanges coming off too easily isn't too good. I hope this isn't one of those products that was rushed to market too soon, only to have major QC concerns. Unless of course the fear of the tri flange staying in your ear when you take th er6i's off is considered a feature.

I'm not slamming them or anything, but I sniff a QC problem in the air.

what, because 2 people noted a problem with the tri-flanges coming off easily? So what if its 2 of 2 having this problem... it's only two that are even stating they've had this problem. They are of a small # of people who had them, reviewed/commented on them, and posted in this particular forum. I could see if it was 2000 out of 2000 people who bought them having this problem and talking about it-- then I would agree-- perhaps a batch had QC problems. But 2 out of 2? C'mon.... I think that's really jumping the gun to imply a QC problem...

Sep 17, 2004 at 8:52 PM Post #67 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by delenda est Sony
Thanks Joe! I'm with you on that; the two layer flange on the ER6 was very unpleasant in feel and hard to get a seal (look, a poem!). The foamies work much better with the ER6, sp maybe Ety should just scrap the two prong flange altogether.

I think my filter problem was that it was getting wet from sweat, as most failures occurred in the warmer ickier months. The driver would stop working, I would think wax was the issue, and change the filter. But if I had dried the old filter out, that probably would have done the trick. I think Ety did not mention the moisture dry out approach in the ER6 documentation of 2 years ago, though they do in the Er6i manual now. Live and learn!

I wish the triple flange would fit on the regular ER6... I remember the foamies tearing quite easily when removing them-- the plastic piece in the foamie would stay put when twisting, and voila! The foamie would tear.

Sep 18, 2004 at 4:22 AM Post #69 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by rt297
The triple flange WILL fit on the ER6. I often use them like that.
And I also have trouble with the flange popping off the ER6i when trying to remove them.

any changes in sound when the tri-flange is on the regular ER6?

Sep 18, 2004 at 4:32 AM Post #70 of 72
No. I switch flanges around a lot just depending on mood I guess. The Shure grey tips fit on the ER4P and ER6 too, and are much more comfortable. The double ER6 flange will fit on the ER4P, but doesn't really work because the barrel sticks past the end. Other than that they are pretty much interchangable.

Sep 18, 2004 at 3:21 PM Post #71 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by rt297
The triple flange WILL fit on the ER6. I often use them like that.
And I also have trouble with the flange popping off the ER6i when trying to remove them.

So the bevel on the end of the ER6 tube will pretty much ensure that the triple flange isn't going to fall off, right?

Sep 18, 2004 at 3:36 PM Post #72 of 72
I have never had any problem with unwanted flange separation with the ER6.
etysmile.gif
I think they should consider using the metal bezel on the ER6i's. It would probably solve that problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back