short pre-burn in er6i impression
Sep 3, 2004 at 2:04 AM Post #16 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProdeeK
but see the thing that really sucks is that most pplk ion this board listen to rock and country and jazz and all that. and when u do these comparisons i cant really take them in consideration, 98% of the 3,000 aongs i have on my iPod are hip hop/rap. rest is r&b. And the Etymotics are to be used for ppl who liek jazz and classical stuff and all that. but in some of ur reviews, u only review the headphones with the songs YOU like. i find that pretty selfish. i think in these revies u type up, u should test them in all categories of music (genres) so that ur review will reahc out to more ppl and it will mean more to more ppl.

Though you may have reason to be irritated, it's selfish to ask people to buy CDs of different genres of music that don't appeal to them (Or even make them spend thier leisure time downloading a bunch of tracks), just for the sake of other forums users. And it's most likely that these users would NOT be willing to provide the same courtesy in their reviews (If they even write reviews of their gear).

Sep 3, 2004 at 2:10 AM Post #17 of 72
Quote:

but see the thing that really sucks is that most pplk ion this board listen to rock and country and jazz and all that. and when u do these comparisons i cant really take them in consideration, 98% of the 3,000 aongs i have on my iPod are hip hop/rap. rest is r&b. And the Etymotics are to be used for ppl who liek jazz and classical stuff and all that. but in some of ur reviews, u only review the headphones with the songs YOU like. i find that pretty selfish. i think in these revies u type up, u should test them in all categories of music (genres) so that ur review will reahc out to more ppl and it will mean more to more ppl.

The shure e5c's would be a better fit for your need than from what it sounds like. But i cant really suggest cause i havnt heard the er6i's before. I listen to a lot of rap and r&b. The shure e2c's do a nice job.

Sep 3, 2004 at 2:16 AM Post #18 of 72
Quote:

u only review the headphones with the songs YOU like. i find that pretty selfish. i think in these revies u type up, u should test them in all categories of music (genres) so that ur review will reahc out to more ppl and it will mean more to more ppl.

You're right, ProdeeK......when my pension check arrives, I'll be sure to run right out and get some rap music so I can review my headphones properly. Sorry for being so selfish.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 2:19 AM Post #19 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by go_vtec
Good impression. Now where would you place Sony E888?
wink.gif

I'd give it a 7.5, simply because the sound, to my ears, is smoooooth and they are sooooo comfy.
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 2:22 AM Post #20 of 72
i listen to acoustic guitar, rock, metal, electronic, and synth. i have a bit of everything. many headphones tend to sound better with a certain type of music. i rarely heard one that sound good with everything and not being very expensive. this phone sound good with most of my music so i'm happy.

i dont see why this phone cant sound good with rap and pop, the bass is so good for being an earphone.

Sep 3, 2004 at 2:46 AM Post #23 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
i put it on the counter of the sink when i was washing the sleeves. thats probably what happened.

yes its plastic now. i was walking down the streetand pulling out the phones. the triflane slip out and fell down onto the road. it doesnt hold on very well so you gotta be careful.

9 days, but idealsound is getting more in stock now so you'll get it much faster.

Terry have you heard the E3s before?

Sep 3, 2004 at 3:00 AM Post #24 of 72
Like terrymx, I've also had problems with the left filter being clogged and a tri-flange coming off...........but staying in my ear! It was a bit scary, cause I tend to really cram those things in there, but I was able to extract it carefully. Now, when I pull them out, I grab a little bit of the tri-flange along with the plastic earpiece housing.
My left filter got waterlogged when I replaced the silicon tips that came with the ER6i with my soft, broken-in tips off my ER4P. I washed them so they were nice and white and then slid them on the 6i........greatly reduced sound out of the left earpiece. I blew on it awhile and the sound appeared.
Keeping the ER6is away from water is pretty simple, but the lack of grip that the ER6i exhibits with regards to the silicon tip is a problem that needs correcting. I'm not looking forward to being rushed to the emergency room to have a silicon tip removed from my ear canal...........................it kinda reminds me of when I was a little kid and stuffed a raisin up my nose.
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #26 of 72
Quote:

i find that pretty selfish. i think in these revies u type up, u should test them in all categories of music (genres) so that ur review will reahc out to more ppl and it will mean more to more ppl.

what a load of crap. by the way, "ur" is an abbreviation for "you are", not "your".

Sep 3, 2004 at 3:28 AM Post #27 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
i dont see why this phone cant sound good with rap and pop, the bass is so good for being an earphone.

Then one day you'll hear an E5 and realize it's not a limitation of canal phones, but rather a limitation of Etymotics...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 3:29 AM Post #28 of 72
Quote:

Heh, that's funny. I listen to classical, newage and pop. For me to review something listening to rap would be just about as meaningful as having my cat write the review.

And what's with all this u ur ppl stuff? Your writing would reach out to more people and mean more to more people if you used standard English spelling.

Sep 3, 2004 at 3:29 AM Post #29 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
Terry have you heard the E3s before?

no unfortunately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Then one day you'll hear an E5 and realize it's not a limitation of canal phones, but rather a limitation of Etymotics...
very_evil_smiley.gif

sorry to put you down, but i'm not sure. too much bass could scare me away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back