shoe fetish?
Apr 5, 2003 at 6:17 PM Post #17 of 36
I know friends who have shoes more than his mom, sister, girlfriend, basically all the women in their life added together. Personally I think they are crazy.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2003 at 10:31 PM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by penvzila
I know a guy who buys 3-4 pairs of nikes a month. I cant stand them myself, since i have a 17E foot.

Jsus! What does he need 4 pairs of shoes a month for?

As for myself, I mostly buy skate shoes. The most comfortable pair of shoes you can
have are skate shoes, believe me.

Apr 5, 2003 at 11:18 PM Post #20 of 36
New colorways, styles. He's got a few of the new Air Force 1s. I admit they are awesome shoes, I just can't wear them.

I should also mention that my feet have been growing about 1/2 size every eight months, so i dont like dropping 180$ that often.

Any bigfoots in Portland should go to Oddball Shoe Co.!! Limited selection of bball shoes, im afraid, but they do carry a lot of New Balance.

Apr 6, 2003 at 12:59 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
I only wear rockport.

I'm a rockport and New Balance kind of guy.. (for regular shoes).. I'm really not big on shoes.. Just buy when the need arises, run the shoes into the ground (literally), then buy another on-sale pair, ... burn and repeat.
biggrin.gif

Regarding specialized shoes, for bicycling, I'm a Sidi kind of guy. While there might be others out there competing for market share with ugly looking shoes.. Sidi's feel great, work great, and look great. For baseball.. I've got a pair of Easton's that someone'll have to pry from my cold, dead,.. uh.. feet.
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2003 at 1:08 AM Post #23 of 36
I'm very much a shoe guy. 10-12 pairs or so.

WARNING: a rant follows...
Fo several years, I've really been into old school reebok, etonic, saucony, etc. classic running shoes. I was always unique and cool as few people were in on this little trend... But now it seems that this style is suddenly being marketed at the African American demographic and I am as white as they come. I can no longer wear my classics, as I'll be labeled a "poser" if I do. SOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!! Why me!!
frown.gif
mad.gif

Apr 6, 2003 at 5:17 AM Post #24 of 36
Speaking of shoes, anyone here wear size 14 or larger (I'm 14)? I have narrow feet too, so I'm width B (New Balance). I have a pair of 8 year old Nike cross trainers in near mint condition BTW. They look pretty cool, but they give me ingrown toenails
frown.gif

I'm currently wearing a pair of New Balance M498WM's that I got in the Navy, they are by far the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. But after 1.25 years of everyday use, they are in pretty sorry condition. At least they still sell them
smily_headphones1.gif
They are running shoes, but I use them primarily for walking.

I'm now planning to get a pair of 498's, a pair of cross trainers and a pair of hiking boots. Having an active livestyle gets expensive.

Anyone know of a comfortable pair of hiking boots for a reasonable price? I like Nike ACG Gore Tex, but they're too damn expensive!

Apr 6, 2003 at 5:32 AM Post #25 of 36
I have a size 17E foot, but my grandpa wears a 16B. We both get all our shoes at Oddball (this is starting to sound like one of those adbots posting on forums)

Quote:

Originally posted by penvzila
New colorways, styles. He's got a few of the new Air Force 1s. I admit they are awesome shoes, I just can't wear them.

I should also mention that my feet have been growing about 1/2 size every eight months, so i dont like dropping 180$ that often.

Any bigfoots in Portland should go to Oddball Shoe Co.!! Limited selection of bball shoes, im afraid, but they do carry a lot of New Balance.

Oddball actually has a lot of narrow choices, like all the way down to the As.

Apr 6, 2003 at 5:33 AM Post #26 of 36
Doc Marten's here. I've got a pair of work boots from them that are ultra comfy. Plus they have a steel toe in em. So, if I ever have a reason to kick someone in the junk, they'll really feel it.

Apr 6, 2003 at 6:54 AM Post #28 of 36
I'm not into shoes very much. I have a pair of Vans that I wear when it's rainy or snowy out, and a pair of Converse Chuck T Hi-Tops that I usually wear. I'm a drummer and the chuck t's compliment my bass drum pedal well. They're also very comfortable.

Apr 6, 2003 at 7:08 AM Post #29 of 36
really, i'm anything you want but faithful to a brand of shoes. I need a pair of these in the summer :
106_LG_25077_201.jpg

and a pair of these in the winter :
106_LG_90081_212.jpg

and that's all. They last as long they're decent and then, I go shopping for another pair, which is a real pain. I HATE shopping and I HATE new shoes. I always regret the comfort of the old ones.

The pictures are from timberland because it's what i've got now. Any similar shoes fit the bill.

Apr 6, 2003 at 7:49 AM Post #30 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by 00940
really, i'm anything you want but faithful to a brand of shoes. I need a pair of these in the summer :
106_LG_25077_201.jpg

and a pair of these in the winter :
106_LG_90081_212.jpg

and that's all. They last as long they're decent and then, I go shopping for another pair, which is a real pain. I HATE shopping and I HATE new shoes. I always regret the comfort of the old ones.

The pictures are from timberland because it's what i've got now. Any similar shoes fit the bill.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sorry

Not my type of shoe.

Peter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back