shoe fetish?
Apr 5, 2003 at 3:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

RoninDiesel

100+ Head-Fier
(geared toward the younger head-fi generation)
well okay, not necessarily a shoe fetish. but is anyone else into shoes? Such as Jordans, Old school Nikes, reeboks, etc?
Just wondering about the people on the other side of the forums.

p.s. wouldn't pedophile be a person that's into shoes instead of children?

Apr 5, 2003 at 4:49 AM Post #3 of 36
I use to be real in to shoes specifically Jordan’s, but as of late I haven't been to into buying shoes as most of my spare cash now goes to audio.

Apr 5, 2003 at 5:50 AM Post #4 of 36
I've never gotten into the whole shoe thing. When I was a kid, i bought jordans once because they were the ****. Since then, i've bought my shoes based on comfort. I try to find relatively plain shoes because they aren't pricey and often turn out to be the most comfortable.

Apr 5, 2003 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 36
i have a reebok rocket - hard to find nowadays.
got it off ebay .

the vintage look is in but IMO theres only a few good loking vintage shoes.

i buy a lot of shoes.
i have like 12 pairs + 4 unworn pairs of shoes.

Apr 5, 2003 at 6:18 AM Post #8 of 36
i'm probably not as young as you guys - mid 30s here

I am sort of obsessive in that I need to wear a different pair of shoes to work each day of the week

but I like Campers when I am not at work

Apr 5, 2003 at 6:18 AM Post #9 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by RoninDiesel
(geared toward the younger head-fi generation)

Hey man, just because I'm not sixteen anymore doesn’t mean I don't know a cool pair of shoes when I see 'em.
tongue.gif
You guys ain't see nothin' until you have seen a pair of Adidas Top Tens.
biggrin.gif
Too bad they don't make them anymore just like everything else that is cool.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 5, 2003 at 7:39 AM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
I've never gotten into the whole shoe thing. When I was a kid, i bought jordans once because they were the ****. Since then, i've bought my shoes based on comfort. I try to find relatively plain shoes because they aren't pricey and often turn out to be the most comfortable.

That's why I take meindl.
I have 4 pares.

The florida, island pro, perfect and mountain crack.

Peter.

Apr 5, 2003 at 9:55 AM Post #11 of 36
I personally am strictly utilitarian when it comes to shoes. I just met a guy who is quite the shoe collector, however. Vintage or rare sports shoes were his thing, mostly basketball. I had a pair of the original Jordan's, back when they first came out. I bought quite a few pairs of Jordan's as the years ticked away... a new pair coinciding with the new school year. to me, shoes were more important in grade school. Now I just buy cheap, and buy comfortable (without being too flashy or disgustingly designed). I wear my 4 year old timberlands around just about everywhere now.

I am almost thoroughly convinced that women/girls take shoe fetishes to new levels. This after spending the afternoon in several women's shoe stores/departments with my girlfriend.

Apr 5, 2003 at 9:57 AM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
I am almost thoroughly convinced that women/girls take shoe fetishes to new levels. This after spending the afternoon in several women's shoe stores/departments with my girlfriend.

True, but it gives you something to fall back on when she asks if you really need all those headphones.
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2003 at 3:13 PM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

but I like Campers when I am not at work

yes - i have 5 pairs of these and they are very comfy shoes to wear . also you dont see much of these around .

Apr 5, 2003 at 4:54 PM Post #14 of 36
Oh what a difference a few years makes. Well maybe more than a few. When I was young and growing up in what was then the boonies of the Pacific Northwest logging boots were the shoe of choice from September through May. Then as warmer weather approached we made a day trip to Seattle to pick up a pair of canvas tennis shoes for the Summer months. Oh how I loved them every year. By mid September they were worn out and your pinkie protruded through the side of the canvas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back