Shipping takes forever
Aug 1, 2007 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

narcispy

Head-Fier
I'm in wait for my nice pair of Audio-Technica ATH-A500 Art Headphones from AudioCubes.com. I've been waiting forever and why do people insist on using USPS? They never update their tracking information so it's useless. I have only one note that it was at the customs in NY last week and since then I don't know where it is, should be here by now? Anyone else have problems with AudioCubes.com? I probably wouldn't have ordered from them if I knew it was shipping from Japan.

Aug 1, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can Audiocubes use USPS if they are in Japan?

theyre using ems and when it arrive here in the us, they will be delivered by usps

Aug 1, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #4 of 15
EMS in japan is very good, which is why most Japanese companies use it.. not to mention DHL and UPS is crazy expensive... on the other hand, how can you don't know AudioCubes ship from Japan since they are one of the largest Japanese gadget exporter? You really should pay attention for who you are buying from next time.

Aug 1, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EMS in japan is very good, which is why most Japanese companies use it.. not to mention DHL and UPS is crazy expensive... on the other hand, how can you don't know AudioCubes ship from Japan since they are one of the largest Japanese gadget exporter? You really should pay attention for who you are buying from next time.

I have never heard of the site until a month ago. I was buying on a whim that they had what I wanted in stock and at a good price, where it comes from was last on my list until I saw it was going to take so long to get here and I really need them. Would have been better off ordering from a musicians store which is the whole basis of why I need headphones.

Aug 1, 2007 at 10:40 AM Post #7 of 15
Shipping from Japan to Euro has been excellent for me, stuff usually gets here within 1 week.
My last order for a voltage transformer was shipped at 28/7 and got here today, a mere 4 days even with sat/sunday.

Aug 1, 2007 at 10:42 AM Post #8 of 15
You already mention it tracked to US Customs LAST WEEK. Then, isn't any potential arguement with Customs which EMS and Audiocubes cannot control.

Aug 1, 2007 at 11:38 AM Post #9 of 15
Yeah, last time I got something from Japanese EMS (to Australia) only took less than a week, It is probably just the U.S. custom that delaying the whole process... AT's 'phones ain't big in U.S. (kind of hard to come by), which is a reason why so many people are getting them directly from Japan. May be the custom is stopping it for an anthrax test
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #11 of 15
I have a neighbour who starts whining two days after he orders something. We tell him not to order if he's going to whine. We also lie to him about how long our orders take to arrive.

So in that vein. I got my last order in 36 hours.
etysmile.gif

Steve

Aug 3, 2007 at 8:18 AM Post #12 of 15
I suppose this is somewhat relevant-
I just ordered a pair of cans from Audiocubes, and according to their email they are already shipped. Although I was given a tracking number, I can't seem to figure out how/where to use it. The number I was given is 16 digits long, whereas the EMS site will only take 13 digit numbers. Any advice?

PS-upgrading from Icemat Siberia to Denon AH-D2000, so I am very excited
icon10.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 8:31 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Body Massage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suppose this is somewhat relevant-
I just ordered a pair of cans from Audiocubes, and according to their email they are already shipped. Although I was given a tracking number, I can't seem to figure out how/where to use it. The number I was given is 16 digits long, whereas the EMS site will only take 13 digit numbers. Any advice?

PS-upgrading from Icemat Siberia to Denon AH-D2000, so I am very excited
icon10.gif

ems japan.. or try usps (if theyre in us already)

Aug 3, 2007 at 8:40 AM Post #14 of 15
Yeah, I've been trying with the EMS Japan, and I'm beginning to wonder if a 16 digit number is correct, since the search will only accept 13 digits (without returning an error). As for using the USPS website (which I have tried anyways), Audiocubes suggested in their email that Non-US buyers should refer to EMS for tracking (I am living in Canada). After some searching, however, I have found that USPS does a 16 digit number.
....confusion is beginning to set in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back