Shipping Discussions
Jul 22, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #31 of 53
Just a slight venting by me. Relative to other international shipping issues I've encountered the past few months, (so far) this is nothing. It's just frustrating nonetheless.

I placed an order with Linsoul early morning July 5 (my time/date); a Sunday. I just went their free shipping because I have spent needless money this year on "express" shipping that has not resulted in quicker receipt. Anyway, I received a shipping notice email the afternoon of July 6, so a nice, quick turn-around by Linsoul. The trackign link/service they provided was useless; it didn't really provide me with any useful information (in fact, showed no activity whatsoever). I finally realized I could track this package using DHL eCommerece tracking.

The package milled around China several days, but landed in O'Hare Airport, Chicago on July 10. "SWEET!!!" I thought, "I'll have this in not much more than a week from date of order!!" Yeah....not so much.

It just sat there for almost a week, I assume clearing Customs? In any event, the last activity is July 16 with a TENDERED TO DELIVERY SERVICE PROVIDER scan by DHL. The tracking page includes a link to USPS tracking which in turn shows a label being printed on July 9, still in "Pre Shipment."

As I said, in the temporal scheme of things, this wait is nothing. However, it still bugs looking at tracking with no activity for week+ long stretches. I am about a 7.5 hour drive from Chicago, so the package is tantalizingly close. It took only ~96 hours from shipping out of China to reach the US, but has spent ~288 hours in Chicago-land, not any closer to getting to me.

Jul 22, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #32 of 53
Just a slight venting by me. Relative to other international shipping issues I've encountered the past few months, (so far) this is nothing. It's just frustrating nonetheless.

I placed an order with Linsoul early morning July 5 (my time/date); a Sunday. I just went their free shipping because I have spent needless money this year on "express" shipping that has not resulted in quicker receipt. Anyway, I received a shipping notice email the afternoon of July 6, so a nice, quick turn-around by Linsoul. The trackign link/service they provided was useless; it didn't really provide me with any useful information (in fact, showed no activity whatsoever). I finally realized I could track this package using DHL eCommerece tracking.

The package milled around China several days, but landed in O'Hare Airport, Chicago on July 10. "SWEET!!!" I thought, "I'll have this in not much more than a week from date of order!!" Yeah....not so much.

It just sat there for almost a week, I assume clearing Customs? In any event, the last activity is July 16 with a TENDERED TO DELIVERY SERVICE PROVIDER scan by DHL. The tracking page includes a link to USPS tracking which in turn shows a label being printed on July 9, still in "Pre Shipment."

As I said, in the temporal scheme of things, this wait is nothing. However, it still bugs looking at tracking with no activity for week+ long stretches. I am about a 7.5 hour drive from Chicago, so the package is tantalizingly close. It took only ~96 hours from shipping out of China to reach the US, but has spent ~288 hours in Chicago-land, not any closer to getting to me.
Clearing customs can really be a very long and frustrating process. We feel ur pain.

Aug 16, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #33 of 53
Has anyone purchased multiple items from Amazon US that were sent in one package, but one of the items was missing, presumably never packaged? I suspect it has only happened to me twice, fortunately. The first time, I just ignored it, but this time I wanted to see how I could put in a claim, but don‘t see an easy way to do it. What have you done in the past when this has happened? It’s not an expensive item, but it’s just annoying.

Sep 22, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #34 of 53
Free shipping from AliExpress has been surprisingly fast lately, but the USPS here has been the terribly weak link. I’m still waiting on a package that took 8 days to go from China to the US, clear US Customs, and be picked up by USPS. 12 days from that point, and I’m still waiting.....

Sep 30, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #36 of 53
Had products from two separate shops in Europe take exactly 35 days to arrive in my Asian location.

Sep 30, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #37 of 53
I ordered a pair of IEMs from Linsoul three weeks ago. They haven't arrived in the country yet. A week and a half later I ordered another pair from Aliexpress. They're out for delivery now.

Next thing I'm getting from China I'll just pay for DHL. Especially since USPS has been so thoroughly sabotaged... I frequently get packages from Germany, usually sent through the regular mail. We recently tried DHL after the last package took a whopping three months to arrive after that usually taking two weeks. DHL had the damn thing shipped from Berlin to Chicago within five DAYS. With the absolutely sorry state of USPS (thanks Trump cronies...) it's really advisable to use the private shipping companies. Which is kinda sad, what with their garbage labor practices and all...

Sep 30, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #38 of 53
I ordered a pair of IEMs from Linsoul three weeks ago. They haven't arrived in the country yet. A week and a half later I ordered another pair from Aliexpress. They're out for delivery now.

Next thing I'm getting from China I'll just pay for DHL. Especially since USPS has been so thoroughly sabotaged... I frequently get packages from Germany, usually sent through the regular mail. We recently tried DHL after the last package took a whopping three months to arrive after that usually taking two weeks. DHL had the damn thing shipped from Berlin to Chicago within five DAYS.

This is my experience also. An order from audio-gd got here from China in six days. They absolutely nailed the delivery schedule. Was able to pay the ransom online in advance unlike most cases when they send you a postal letter and then you get to spend weeks trying to find a human to pick up a phone.

Must say I found the last part of your post off-topic. Your whole country is falling apart and it didn't happen overnight. If everybody keeps blameshifting it won't ever get better.

Sep 30, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #39 of 53
Must say I found the last part of your post off-topic. Your whole country is falling apart and it didn't happen overnight. If everybody keeps blameshifting it won't ever get better.

Granted, USPS has been under attack since the mid-2000's, but now we have a postmaster general who's sole function is to do Trump's bidding and discourage voting by mail so he goes and sabotages the postal service. That's neither shifting blame, it's pretty obvious and out in the open what's happening, and it's also IMO on-topic since we're talking about shipping. Maybe too political for this place, IDK...

Sep 30, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #40 of 53
Maybe it's because I'm in the grey tier of headfiers but:

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss
Won't get fooled again, no no...

Oct 7, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #41 of 53
Is FedEx starting to follow in the footsteps of the USPS?

I don’t expect shipping companies to necessarily be as outstanding as DHL, but FedEx is getting slooooow. :turtle::turtle:

It took 2 days for a package to travel from Hong Kong to FL via DHL. Now, apparently it’s going to take 4 days for a package to get from NJ to FL.

Nov 28, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #42 of 53
Not really a shipping post, but I’ve been very pleased with the NiceHCK stores on AliEx, and have previously given them due credit. Now, I’m not sure. I just placed an order yesterday, from the NiceHCK Official Store on AliEx, and they took a whole 46min to process and ship out my order! That‘s just too slow. :joy:

Nov 28, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #43 of 53
Not really a shipping post, but I’ve been very pleased with the NiceHCK stores on AliEx, and have previously given them due credit. Now, I’m not sure. I just placed an order yesterday, from the NiceHCK Official Store on AliEx, and they took a whole 46min to process and ship out my order! That‘s just too slow. :joy:
....meanwhile AK audio still hasnt sent out a lot of their packages during 11/11....

yeah not using them again.

Nov 28, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #44 of 53

LOL, I really like Jim. He’s never done me wrong and after about my 10th order from them they always throw a surprise in my box whether it be a cable, tips or some kind of candy they show they appreciate your business :wink:

Nov 28, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #45 of 53
LOL, I really like Jim. He’s never done me wrong and after about my 10th order from them they always throw a surprise in my box whether it be a cable, tips or some kind of candy they show they appreciate your business :wink:
Good products, good prices, great service, what more do you want? :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back