Sharing my friend's poor experience with Woo Audio's customer service
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #271 of 339
Speaking of drama, I’m sure some newcomers to the thread are confused as to what’s going on. I put together a r/hobbydrama post here if anyone wants to get up to speed or needs a quick summary of what’s taken place.
Thanks for sharing and helping other members. Could you please also include my Post #270?
Again thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 2:56 AM Post #272 of 339
You keep mentioning "brand new head-fi accounts" as if they are less valid than your status in this forum. Anyone can sign up at any time and post whatever's on their mind. So what's your point? It's not like being a member is a privilege, so who cares why the accounts have been created? Quit acting like your messages hold more value just because you've been around longer. Granted I'm only judging you by your responses in this thread, as you're not important enough for me to dig deeper into your previous messages.

But I can say with certainty, presenting an opposing viewpoint or simply playing the devil's advocate is not what you're attempting to achieve here. If you want to be truly neutral in this thread, stay impartial rather than trying to discredit and dilute OP's efforts at every turn. There are members in this forum including myself that believe suitable response from WA is warranted to end this fiasco. So don't be quick to speak for everyone else. The burden of proof should never be with the customer. And if the vendor's response is lackluster or its reaction is to retort as evidenced in previous postings, I don't care what the truth is at that point. That is just unacceptable from a customer standpoint. I am already despondent with the hyper-inflated high-end audio industry, and with the purportedly insane profit margin some of these audio companies are earning, the least they can do is provide matching first-rate customer service to its customers.

Is that too much to ask?

I don't know who you are, but thanks for speaking out for me. I really appreciate the time and energy you spent on that. I believe Mods will do their job once this person throws enough attacks towards me or anyone else.
Now, may I ask you, Sir(or anyone reading this) to just leave him alone, let him say whatever he wants.

Jul 30, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #273 of 339
EDIT:

It's clear that people here are incapable of actually having any sort of reasonable and reasoned dialogue, so, I'm out.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #274 of 339
Do people really seriously think Woo apologizing would even be accepted by those here who have created brand new head-fi accounts soley for the purpose of speaking out against them?

Of course not. They would just say things like; why wasn't it done earlier, that's not good enough, the apology is not genuine or heartfelt, etc. etc.

It's clear these members just enjoy and feed off the drama, and want to perpetuate it.

Dear Mediahound, IMO the second question of importance is WHAT are you trying to achieve post after post after post? The content is not much more than derailing and I get the idea even Jack Woo is about to tell you to just leave it be haha.. j/k But man, take a break for a while and consider to stop responding in the way you have been doing because it's mostly incredibly immature to act so clearly obstinate. Unexpected from a reviewer/'headphoneus supremus''. A tag depending on post count for those who don't know.

The apologies thing is very overblown I think. Nobody needs to be apologized to in here but it sure would be nice and completely normal in a mending process @JohnZS. Had I been in the situation at a certain point apologies are simply no longer truthfully accepted and all I'd want is the manufacturer to fix the damn thing and absolutely never be in touch again. John you said as much a few posts up and hopefully that happens as soon as possible. Perhaps also stop posting for a while until there's really some update?

On another note I'm not sure why this thread blew up the way it did. Is it the Members Lounge number of visitors? Mods also seem relaxed..

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #275 of 339
Dear Mediahound, IMO the second question of importance is WHAT are you trying to achieve post after post after post? The content is not much more than derailing and I get the idea even Jack Woo is about to tell you to just leave it be haha.. j/k But man, take a break for a while and consider to stop responding in the way you have been doing because it's mostly incredibly immature to act so clearly obstinate. Unexpected from a reviewer/'headphoneus supremus''. A tag depending on post count for those who don't know.

The apologies thing is very overblown I think. Nobody needs to be apologized to in here but it sure would be nice and completely normal in a mending process @JohnZS. Had I been in the situation at a certain point apologies are simply no longer truthfully accepted and all I'd want is the manufacturer to fix the damn thing and absolutely never be in touch again. John you said as much a few posts up and hopefully that happens as soon as possible. Perhaps also stop posting for a while until there's really some update?

On another note I'm not sure why this thread blew up the way it did. Is it the Members Lounge number of visitors? Mods also seem relaxed..

If you look at the timestamps, it is very clear that this thread experienced tremendous growth after Mike and Woo Audio showed up Tue night 7/28.
Reading the posts around that time might help you answer yourself.:beerchug:

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #276 of 339
Mediahound seems responsible (directly or indirectly) for about half the responses in this thread. Talk about derailing the thread and propagating drama.

@JohnZS hope you find some positive resolution to all this.

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #277 of 339
The apologies thing is very overblown I think. Nobody needs to be apologized to in here

Agreed.

Had I been in the situation at a certain point apologies are simply no longer truthfully accepted...John you said as much a few posts up ...

Yep.

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #278 of 339
@WooAudio is too ARROGANT and EGOISTIC to apologize personally to John, let alone a public apology.

Oh...lack of empathy as well to their loyal and returned customer like John.

To be honest, while public apology will make me respect the people on WooAudio better, it really doesn't matter for many of us. A private apology to John at least should be there many emails ago.

They really should be coming in here, engage with John and other consumers, addressing any concern that people might have with their product. That's how I see a company that value their community do their homework.

As it stands, although I'm emphatizing with John experience, I'm trying to see what both side have to says before reaching my own conclusion. With each email exchanges and the silence on WooAudio side, I'm starting to lose faith. It will be very hard for me to justify purchasing their product in the future.

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #280 of 339
I'm surprised its reached this point. I'm pretty new to the audiophile community (granted I've jumped in headfirst with ZMFs, bottlehead, schiit, tube rolling etc.-this culture/hobby is awesome). Maybe whats impressed me the most is how much of a small world it seems. People mention Zach, Paul B from bottlehead, Jason Stoddard etc., they come off like rock stars. I continue to get surprised when I contact companies regarding products and get a response from the owner or chief engineer of the product! I bought a tube from WooAudio recently and was presently surprised to speak to Mike (who I guess I recognized from binge watching canjam videos). He offered awesome service and made me excited to shop there again. I don't know what my point is. I guess it's disappointing to see so many people passionate with this hobby get subpar service. It sort of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #281 of 339
From what I can gather, WooAudio have been thoroughly inconsistent in their approach to dealing with the issue, backtracking, changing the story, making false promises, etc.

Not a great look for a company charging up to tens of thousands for its products. It'll be interesting to see how this is resolved - the quicker the better for WooAudio in my opinion, but I'm sure from what they've displayed so far, they'll fight it as much as possible.

In case anyone from WooAudio actually reads comments instead of dismissing them out of hand, please google 'Streisand Effect', which is pretty much what the comments above are alluding to.

Hope OP/John get a quick and effective resolution!

Jul 30, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #282 of 339
I guess it's disappointing to see so many people passionate with this hobby get subpar service.

It's literally just one guy, and the rest are basically a lynch mob.

Jul 30, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #285 of 339
Yes, they lack credibility and have already proven here that like yourself, they’re only interested in drama.

That is irrelevant to what Woo should do. It's up to the guy who made the mistake to apologize. Whether or not the other guy accepts it is the other guy's business. You don't apologize on the assumption that the apology is accepted.

At the very least, Woo can reach a solution with John that is satisfactory enough for him to propose closing this thread. Whether or not this thread is closed is, again, not up to Woo to decide.

It's literally just one guy, and the rest are basically a lynch mob.

This was my WA5:

EUWHYs8.jpg

I took this WA11 photo at the request of Jack since I was one of the people who bought a pre-release unit.

10vbSpA.jpg

You want to only discuss with people with skin in the game? Most of us here have bought something from Woo at some point. That's why we want to see this resolved, because Woo makes things we like and we would prefer to not have to give up on the brand because of their terrible customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back