Shanling M8 Android Portable player
Jun 19, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #4,052 of 5,808
Does Apple Music delete downloaded tracks automatically? I quit Tidal because of this problem. I can't stand it. Rather buy mp3s and keep them.
Never had that problem with Tidal.

Jun 19, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #4,053 of 5,808
Added some photos and tidied up the initial impressions a tad. Today I’m testing with Empire Ears Legend X SE as requested by @gLer and also Empire Ears Odin :)
Welcome to the club! The sound is truly wonderful. Enjoy your time with it.

Jun 19, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #4,054 of 5,808
Added some photos and tidied up the initial impressions a tad. Today I’m testing with Empire Ears Legend X SE as requested by @gLer and also Empire Ears Odin :)
Ive had my M8 7 months and I am still mesmerized!

Jun 19, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #4,056 of 5,808
Thank you to this thread.
Pulled the trigger on the M8 and a bluetooth UP4 today with a lot of help from many of you in here… and you didn't even know you were helping :beerchug:

Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy it!

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #4,057 of 5,808
Thank you to this thread.
Pulled the trigger on the M8 and a bluetooth UP4 today with a lot of help from many of you in here… and you didn't even know you were helping :beerchug:
Congratulations! I know you will love it!

Jun 20, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #4,059 of 5,808
I'm on the fence between an m8 and hiby r8. Any of you guys compared the two? Main use will be iems
I've heard some people prefer M8, but I never heard the R8 myself.... :thinking:

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #4,063 of 5,808
I am looking for screen protectors for M8.
Have you yet burned the stock one?😉
Have to confess that my stock one is still in the box.
So far I am trying to be careful, have never been great in attaching protection screens without bubbles...

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #4,064 of 5,808
Hi, I just got my M8 and the sound with Focal Utopias is stunning. However, I'm streaming Tidal and the battery drains very quickly. I've read only glowing reviews of the battery life, but mine drops a percentage point every few minutes. Is this normal with streaming? Does it last longer if I'm playing music from an SD card? Appreciate any info.

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #4,065 of 5,808
Hi, I just got my M8 and the sound with Focal Utopias is stunning. However, I'm streaming Tidal and the battery drains very quickly. I've read only glowing reviews of the battery life, but mine drops a percentage point every few minutes. Is this normal with streaming? Does it last longer if I'm playing music from an SD card? Appreciate any info.
Tidal unfolding and Turbo Gain combined with balanced out listening are making M8 drink like a Ferrari indeed but also sound superb...
WiFi off and Bluetooth off will have a significant impact on battery savings too.
So it's a balance one needs to find

Users who are viewing this thread

Back