Shanling M5
May 30, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #46 of 89
Awesome! I've been lurking a while on the site trying to decide on a good overall DAP.  I think I've settled on the M5.  Just hoping they get some US distributors soon.  I want to spend some money! :)

I'm the past, Shanling has sold directly through Amazon. Not sure if they'll get US distributors set up anytime soon...

May 30, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #47 of 89
Thanks.  Saw it was sold through Shenzhen Audio which seems to sell most of the hard to find players.  Was just thinking about potential device issues and having a reputable dealer to work with. 

BTW, I saw on this thread and your other link that there is a leather case.  Only one I can find  an M2 case (which looks identical).  Any thoughts on if it's the same?  nobody seems to advertise an M5 case for sale anywhere.

May 30, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #49 of 89
I'm the past, Shanling has sold directly through Amazon. Not sure if they'll get US distributors set up anytime soon...

I'm actually surprised they haven't already, considering g this is their "Flagship Portable DAP"

I'm referencing Amazon Prime, by the way.. It is listed as Shenzhen Audio but of course they are not based here in the U.S.
Anyone have good luck with either the Massdrop or the Aliexpress site for shipping to the U.S?

Jun 8, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #57 of 89
I think its not released yet. to me it looks like test version of FW (at least thats how it is called inside the zip) and it cant be downloaded - transfer stops after few kilobytes. so I guess we will have to wait for final release.

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #58 of 89
I think its not released yet. to me it looks like test version of FW (at least thats how it is called inside the zip) and it cant be downloaded - transfer stops after few kilobytes. so I guess we will have to wait for final release.

Yeah, that's exactly what keeps happening to me, and the .rar file that does down load states Test as you said. Oh well.. Just curious if Shanling or a representative could post it locally here on Head-Fi.

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #60 of 89
One lousy letter.  
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back