Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
Oct 27, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #1,501 of 2,445
- We were using some third-party service, it's possible it's down for now.

- This is simply how EQ in our app works, nothing really to adjust it from your side. Can only recommend to pick some different music player with more advanced EQ system.

Thank you for information.

OK, I'll keep checking the art/lyrics function, hope it works again at some point! That would be useful.

As for the Shanling equalizer... it sounds as if it may be correct that using it at all veils the treble, and the sound as a whole? And using the equalizer of a different music player might not do that? OK, thanks... I do like the Shanling app a lot, besides this one issue, so if there's way to fix it that it would be great.

By the way, in a post yesterday I mentioned that I found that drums recede with the use of the balanced port, and I found that very welcome on some tracks where drums (like snares, and hi-hats) were too prominent in certain tracks using single-ended. I really am curious why this might be and if others have found the same. Here's a quote from a quite comprehensive review that says the same thing. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned more here because at least to me it is obvious and a big change between single-ended and balanced, and a major reason to use balanced if possible. Here's the quote...

"With open-back desktop class headphones, the change is immediate and very obvious. I was listening to Child in Time by Deep Purple (Qobuz / Tidal) and suddenly the vocal performance increased in size like the singer had healthier lungs, drums went a few steps backwards like I have upgraded my headphones from semi-open to fully open-back ones."
https://soundnews.net/sources/daps/shanling-m3x-review-making-daps-great-again/

Nov 2, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #1,502 of 2,445
I loaded UAPP onto my M3X, scanned all of my tracks, but it only lists “Tracks: 1000” even though it scanned all 18,000+ tracks. Is there something wrong?

29F44FE5-90B3-4B4F-AB13-5CCB7607E4EB.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #1,504 of 2,445
I’ve had problems with the indexing with both the Hiby music app and uapp lately. I add files and scan and they don’t show up. It actually happens with all music apps. I tried just about everything. I’ve been using my Hiby R3pro instead bc of these issues.

Nov 3, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #1,505 of 2,445
Hi all, I just need some help. I am trying to find a system-wide equalizer (both graphic or parametric) for the M3X. I know there's one in the default app, but I need one that is system-wide so the changes I make can apply to streaming apps like Spotify.

I tried to install Wavelet but I just eternally get the "Problem parsing the package" error. I think this may be because Wavelet can't run on Android <9.0 but I'm not an expert in this.

Or if not, maybe there is already an EQ somewhere in the settings I can find? What I'm trying to accomplish is apply EQ settings as I am eyeing to buy a pair of headphones that need a bit of EQ to sound better and if I can't find a way to make EQ work on the M3X I might not buy them anymore.

Or, has anyone installed any EQ app on the M3X with success before?

Thanks!

Nov 3, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #1,506 of 2,445
Hi all, I just need some help. I am trying to find a system-wide equalizer (both graphic or parametric) for the M3X. I know there's one in the default app, but I need one that is system-wide so the changes I make can apply to streaming apps like Spotify.

I tried to install Wavelet but I just eternally get the "Problem parsing the package" error. I think this may be because Wavelet can't run on Android <9.0 but I'm not an expert in this.

Or if not, maybe there is already an EQ somewhere in the settings I can find? What I'm trying to accomplish is apply EQ settings as I am eyeing to buy a pair of headphones that need a bit of EQ to sound better and if I can't find a way to make EQ work on the M3X I might not buy them anymore.

Or, has anyone installed any EQ app on the M3X with success before?

Thanks!
The only ones that I know that can do systemwide would be root apps like viper4android but requires rooting. The m3x can be easiy rooted using 1 click methods but like with all android devices, not recommended unless you really know what it does

Nov 3, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #1,507 of 2,445
The only ones that I know that can do systemwide would be root apps like viper4android but requires rooting. The m3x can be easiy rooted using 1 click methods but like with all android devices, not recommended unless you really know what it does

Thanks very much for your answer. I am actually interested to do this, would you be able to share a guide or point me in the right direction? A one click method would be nice for non-savvy users like me. I am just purely doing this to get either JamesDSP or V4A and won't be touching it for anything else.

Nov 6, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #1,509 of 2,445
I have a problem using uapp in m3x.
If I running uapp in offline mode does not work, saying that communication with the server is lost.
and 'license varification failed'

so i find troubleshoot page,
https://www.extreamsd.com/uapp/licensing.html

It is said that this license system only works on devices certified by Google.
and M3X is not on certification list.

I want play uapp in offline mode... how I can do it?

Nov 6, 2021 at 4:52 AM Post #1,510 of 2,445
If I running uapp in offline mode does not work, saying that communication with the server is lost.

Just make sure you are connected to WiFi for a period next time you open it. Think it checks for licence up to three times (which it requires WiFi for) then should be OK. Mine did this for a while but works fine offline now.

Nov 6, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #1,512 of 2,445

Using Tidal or local files? Everytime uapp needs validation

Nov 6, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #1,515 of 2,445
According to UAPP. Leave WiFi Active for the first 24 hours of playback after installing. The software will randomly ping the server a few time times to verify the license then you won't need wifi any more. Just turn wifi on for the next 24 hours and you should be fine after that
This was earlier in the thread. Should help I hope 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back