Shanling M3s - dual AK4490 DAC, 2.5 balanced out, aptX BT, HiBy link, USB out, FW 1.7
Nov 12, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #1,052 of 2,219
@nmatheis Can i plead the 5th. :wink:
Just to bring things back on topic.. Did Shanling say anything about blurry album art on the smartphone while using HibyLink

Nov 12, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #1,054 of 2,219
I live in Portland, OR, so it's all good, bro :wink:
HAHAHAHA
Imma heading your way one of these day to test the different strains ... i mean the different colours of the M3s :wink:

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #1,055 of 2,219
I need some help deciding on which player to buy between Shanling M2s/M3s or the Cayin N3. I listen to mostly bass heavy music and will be using this player for the gym. I currently use LZ A4 IEMs.

Nov 12, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #1,056 of 2,219
BTW, I'm walking home from the pub after a glass each of delicious Belgian-style Triple and Imperial Stout. Yum!

Yes, totally off-topic but helps explain why I misread BL as BT :wink:

Mmmm... Belgium brews are my favorite.

Nov 12, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #1,057 of 2,219
I need some help deciding on which player to buy between Shanling M2s/M3s or the Cayin N3. I listen to mostly bass heavy music and will be using this player for the gym. I currently use LZ A4 IEMs.

I'd recommend going with M2s or N3 for smaller size and less expense vs M3s. Or you could go ultra-portable and get the Shanling M1...

Nov 12, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #1,060 of 2,219
Hi,

When I go to "My Songs", I come to the basic categories: Album, Genre, Artist
If for example I click on Genre, I arrive on my categories (ID3 tags) like Jazz, electronic, Rock, ...
For these categories, when I click on it, I have all the audio files (all mixed). While the ideal would be to arrive on Artist then Album then music files.

So currently we have:

"My Songs" -> Genre -> My Categories -> Songs in bulk

So we should have:

"My Songs" -> Genre -> My Categories -> Artists -> Albums -> Album Songs

How can I get this sorter ?

2nd problem, I can not connect my M3S with my Android phone.
I installed Hiby Music app on my smartphone (bluetooth on both on my smartphone et M3S), but the app does not see my music ... How come ?
Is it because my smartphone is not APTX bluetooth ?

Thanks for helping me.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #1,061 of 2,219
Ah ok. I read in a comparison article that the N3 has better bass than M2s. The M2s seems more portable and compact. Which one do you prefer for functionality/UI?

N3 has a fuller sound. Maybe that's what the person was referring to when they said N3 has better bass?

As far GUI goes, I prefer Shanling's implementation. Very intuitive.

Personally I'd be a little concerned about the high output impedance of the M2S with that IEM. Although @nmatheis has observed that it isn't a big issue.

Yeah, it's a bit high, but I didn't notice any more than a couple dB swing across the frequency spectrum due to output impedance. Not really any worse than most manufacturers claim as normal variability.

Nov 12, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #1,062 of 2,219
Yeah, it's a bit high, but I didn't notice any more than a couple dB swing across the frequency spectrum due to output impedance. Not really any worse than most manufacturers claim as normal variability.[/QUOTE]
Good point.
N3 has a fuller sound. Maybe that's what the person was referring to when they said N3 has better bass?

As far GUI goes, I prefer Shanling's implementation. Very intuitive.

Yeah, it's a bit high, but I didn't notice any more than a couple dB swing across the frequency spectrum due to output impedance. Not really any worse than most manufacturers claim as normal variability.

Good point about normal variability.

Nov 12, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #1,064 of 2,219
Do M3s have 2.5mm BL line-out function? I heard from someone said M3s can be used as 2.5mm BL line-out via Settings..

Lineout setting apply to both single ended and balanced port.

When using HibyLink is album art supposed to show up in Album view? I can only see the art once playing a specific song and going to the song actually being played. Otherwise it works really well and is quite fast.

In full version of HIBY Link app it should show album art everywhere. But it's beta version so far.

Just to bring things back on topic.. Did Shanling say anything about blurry album art on the smartphone while using HibyLink

We are manufacturer of the player, not the creator of the app. Didn't hear anything about it from HiBy.

Hi,

When I go to "My Songs", I come to the basic categories: Album, Genre, Artist
If for example I click on Genre,.....

2nd problem, I can not connect my M3S with my Android phone.
I installed Hiby Music app on my smartphone (bluetooth on both on my smartphone et M3S), but the app does not see my music ... How come ?

Regarding sorting music library, we are aware there are things to improve and we are working with HiBy on hopefully improving it.

On your second problem, are you sure you turned on HiBy Link setting in M3s BT settings? Also, just to be sure, did you installed standard HiBy music app or the HiBy Link app?

Are you able to connect your phone with M3s serving as bluetooth receiver?

I was lucky enough to get in on the Westvleteren sale a few years ago. While I don't think it's the best beer ever, it was pretty darn good. If you want to replicate, try 50/50 Rochefort 10 + Saint Bernardus 12. Tastes nearly identical to the Westvleteren!

As Czech, I will ignore all this nonsense and will go get some Pilsner. :stuck_out_tongue:

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 12, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #1,065 of 2,219
We are manufacturer of the player, not the creator of the app. Didn't hear anything about it from HiBy.

As Czech, I will ignore all this nonsense and will go get some Pilsner. :stuck_out_tongue:
Firstly are you saying I shouldnt ask about HibyLink here? Who do i ask about apps then?

Secondly there are days when Urquell is the best beer in the world. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back