Shanling M3s - dual AK4490 DAC, 2.5 balanced out, aptX BT, HiBy link, USB out, FW 1.7
Nov 5, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #946 of 2,219
Absolutely awesome. Thanks man. However sound delay is bad..... So not so good for video or games

However, Etymotic ER4-SR works well with M3s. Very good imaging and depth.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #947 of 2,219
I think you're misunderstanding. Hiby is the company that the DAP makers contract out with to develop the software. For instance, the firmware for Cayin, FiiO, Questyle, Shanling, etc. are all developed by Hiby with guidance by the DAP makers. Instead of making a nice customized experience for the AP200, all you get is the same old Hiby app you can download on the Android app store with all the same limitations.

I think you're thinking of the HibyLink feature, where you can control the DAP from your phone via Bluetooth connection.

Exactly why I called FiiO X5iii a "lazy sounding" DAP, lol.

Yes, I'm thinking of Hiby link... AP200 doesn't work with it yet. Also, I'm not sure whether this time the Android firmware is made by Hiby or Hidizs themselves, but Hidizs confirmed that Hiby does customise some things, just it is not ready yet. At least something like this. I might be wrong, but I should be able to find the mail. At any rate, I'm glad to see that M3s doesn't have any issues!

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #949 of 2,219
So you have biggie's pre production model with you, How would you describe it. Is it worth buying when its officially available ? Did VE disclose the price ?

I think price is $40 for each of the two models and $60 if buying the package that includes both of them.

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #952 of 2,219
Luckily the delay isn't present when using as a USB DAC. The only thing I use Bluetooth Out for is streaming music, so I haven't been bothering by the delay.
I think the delay is 2 seconds. But music wise should be fine.

Nov 5, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #955 of 2,219
In cold boot this morning, it wouldn't play any songs. It's just stuck on 00:00. After force re-booting a few times it suddenly kick in. Anyone else experience this?

Nov 5, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #959 of 2,219
Nov 5, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #960 of 2,219
Update it anyway and do factory reset.
alright, I'll do that. Also, anyone face issues when it's connected to hibylink and you use m3s instead to change a song selection but it's hanging until you open the app on the phone again and it resyncs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back