Shanling M3s - dual AK4490 DAC, 2.5 balanced out, aptX BT, HiBy link, USB out, FW 1.7
Jan 4, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #1,411 of 2,219
I do get an issue with the m3s hanging when it's connected to hibylink to my phone. When my phone goes into deep sleep, it hangs the hibylink cause the current song in the phone and the player is different. waking up the phone allows me to use the m3s again.

Jan 4, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #1,412 of 2,219
No, this will probably more problem of the car stereo system, they are quite random and problematic. Can you try to use your player with some standard BT headphones or speakers?

The only other bluetooth headset I've tried was Apple's Airpods and it worked fine. I didn't test the shutdown with those as I didn't need to but can try again. Ill see if I can try a different headset

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #1,413 of 2,219
Does anyone have experience the wheel registering double press often? I get it off and on and it's bit annoying because it keeps registering my single press and double press.
Hi,
I've noticed that on my unit.
Doesn't happen often, so I suppose those might be caused by my "sausage-fingers" :smirk:.
I'll be more attentive to that.

All in all, it's a very very very nice DAP :thumbsup:

Jan 6, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #1,415 of 2,219
Are there any updates planned I the near future? Wondering if Shanling can replace some of those “ugly” themes with some more of those cool Spacey ones?

7a9b0b0137bbb59f5d7c4254b96cbf6f--kevin-spacey-funny-faces.jpg

?

Jan 7, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #1,417 of 2,219
I do get an issue with the m3s hanging when it's connected to hibylink to my phone. When my phone goes into deep sleep, it hangs the hibylink cause the current song in the phone and the player is different. waking up the phone allows me to use the m3s again.

Thanks for report, can you also please tell me on what phone this is?

Are there any updates planned I the near future? Wondering if Shanling can replace some of those “ugly” themes with some more of those cool Spacey ones?

We released tool for user created themes, anyone can give it a try :) https://head-fi.org/threads/shanling-daps-user-theme.866314/

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 7, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #1,418 of 2,219
Thanks for report, can you also please tell me on what phone this is?
Oneplus 3, I'm on the Oreo, but it has been like this since I got my m3s a couple of months ago. Still absolutely love it.

Jan 8, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #1,419 of 2,219

I'm not familiar with your phone and am not on Oreo yet. It may be necessary to make sure HiBy app is a protected app, so that it allows the app to keep running in the background when the screen is off or the phone goes into "sleep" mode. On my older Marshmallow device this is under seettings then apps or app manager. Also make sure the phone isn't turning off Bluetooth when it goes to sleep.

Jan 8, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #1,420 of 2,219
T
I'm not familiar with your phone and am not on Oreo yet. It may be necessary to make sure HiBy app is a protected app, so that it allows the app to keep running in the background when the screen is off or the phone goes into "sleep" mode. On my older Marshmallow device this is under seettings then apps or app manager. Also make sure the phone isn't turning off Bluetooth when it goes to sleep.
that's a good tip, OnePlus have an aggressive battery optimization so it'll close the app in the backend if it's not used.

Jan 11, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #1,421 of 2,219
Can someone kindly do a sonical comparison between this player and the Fiio X5 II?

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #1,422 of 2,219
I turn off the battery optimization on the hiby app and this is not happening anymore.

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #1,423 of 2,219
Can someone kindly do a sonical comparison between this player and the Fiio X5 II?

I used to own X5ii and now use M3s. I am not capable of writing nice and colourful reviews as some of our friends at this forum, but I can say that in general M3s is far superiour than X5ii in terms of sound quality. M3s sounds more detailed and far more full-bodied so to speak. Almost always in my experience. There is just one case where X5ii easily beats M3s - when I use Audeze Sine. X5ii with Audeze Sine sounded just fantastic, whereas M3s with Sines is nothing to write home about. Even at max volume and gain it sounds loud enough, but quality is average at the very best, sound is flat and unengaging. But with any other headphone that I tried, M3s is far superiour. Hope this helps a little bit.

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #1,424 of 2,219
I used to own X5ii and now use M3s. I am not capable of writing nice and colourful reviews as some of our friends at this forum, but I can say that in general M3s is far superiour than X5ii in terms of sound quality. M3s sounds more detailed and far more full-bodied so to speak. Almost always in my experience. There is just one case where X5ii easily beats M3s - when I use Audeze Sine. X5ii with Audeze Sine sounded just fantastic, whereas M3s with Sines is nothing to write home about. Even at max volume and gain it sounds loud enough, but quality is average at the very best, sound is flat and unengaging. But with any other headphone that I tried, M3s is far superiour. Hope this helps a little bit.

Are you using EQ on the M3s for the iSine? I've been pretty happy with the M3s/iSine 20/VE balanced cable using this EQ setting:

31: 0
62: -1
125: -3
250: -6
500: -6
1k: -5
2k: -1
4k: +4
8k: -2
16k: -2

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #1,425 of 2,219
Are you using EQ on the M3s for the iSine? I've been pretty happy with the M3s/iSine 20/VE balanced cable using this EQ setting:

31: 0
62: -1
125: -3
250: -6
500: -6
1k: -5
2k: -1
4k: +4
8k: -2
16k: -2

I do not own iSine. I own Sine, which is full size on-ear closed back headphone.

And yes, I am using equalizer on M3s, though I tend to change settings depending on the headphone that I use and type of music that I am listening to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back