Shanling M3
Nov 22, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #272 of 567
Can we have play through folders option implemented? Thanks.

Dear Puppyfi,

I think play through folders is already possible in the current firmware-when you use the file browser to enter a folder, you are playing through this folder.

You could also active the folder skip function in the system menu, then when one folder is finished, M3 will skip to the next folder.

Thanks.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 23, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #274 of 567
Dear Puppyfi,

I think play through folders is already possible in the current firmware-when you use the file browser to enter a folder, you are playing through this folder.

You could also active the folder skip function in the system menu, then when one folder is finished, M3 will skip to the next folder.

Thanks.

Running v2.10 firmware.
I can only find Play Mode setting. The options available are single track repeat, same folder repeat, same folder no repeat and same folder shuffle play.
Am I missing something somewhere? :xf_eek:

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #275 of 567
Shanling is right about folder browsing, just found it :

When you are on the Home menu, select the folder icon and simply browse and play from there. ( How could I've missed this one is another story :wink: )

My M3 review to follow this week :wink: 

Just have few things to share for now : 

- I've learned what's the "M" in Shanling M3 does mean as soon as I have unboxed it, it means MARTIAN :wink: !!! )
- It feel solid, very solid. Wouldn't be surprised if it can stop a bullet for reaching my heart!
- Battery is not stellar, but is better than my Ibasso DX50. I have about 7-8 hr with DX50, easily 10 hr with the M3 ( low gain, no more than volume 30 on a 32Ohms Focal Spirit headphone ).
- I love ( yes, i mean it ) the joystick and the UI Interface : much better than Ibasso for me, lot easier to change volume, or to jump between songs in my pocket.
- I like the screen not being tactile : I don't like tactile on a DAP.
- And at last but certainly not least : NO BUGS FROM DAY ONE. ( Could you hear this Ibasso ??? Bugs on DX100, 50, 90, and then 80... just look at dx80 thread ).

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #276 of 567
Glad to hear your thoughts Judge584 and look forward to your review.

Folder browsing is the only way to go. Just make sure you've got good folder hierarchy, and you're golden!

EXAMPLE: A-C / Artist / Year - Album / # Track

That's what I use, and it's great!

And yes, having the controls right up at the top all in one place is so nice. Same with the M2 and upcoming M5. I like it that Shanling is doing their own thing as far as HW UI goes. Other DAP makers could learn a thing or two from them, IMHO!

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #277 of 567
Judge584 nmatheis
Shanling mentioned play through folders is already possible at current firmware (v2.1).
(that is, after songs in current folder finished [example, Adele-21 album], it is able to continue playing songs on next folder [example, Norah Jones-Come Away With Me album] )

Could you help to confirm this? If it is true that it is already possible , can help guide me through the steps (may be I look at wrong places for the setting)?
Thanks.

Nov 24, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #279 of 567
Okay, okay... I think we've just got a mistranslation issue here.

@puppyfi: Nope, playing through multiple folders doesn't work for me. Does it work for you @swannie007? I've been confused about it but think I understand why now. I think maybe @Shanling has been wondering why we keep asking why we can't use folder browsing mode when we're actually asking for something else.

@Shanling: The current behavior is for the M3 to play all songs in Folder 1 and then stop. What we want is an option to play through all songs in Folder 1 and then have the M3 continue play starting with songs in Folder 2 and so on. This way we don't have to go back into the menu and choose the next folder for play after all the songs in the current folder are finished. 

Nov 24, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #280 of 567
nmatheis
I got confused by Shanling's reply
'You could also active the folder skip function in the system menu, then when one folder is finished, M3 will skip to the next folder.'
But thanks for your confirmation. It appears that Shanling has not implement this play thru folder feature or that Shanling had misunderstanding on this requested feature.

Nov 24, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #281 of 567
nmatheis
I got confused by Shanling's reply
'You could also active the folder skip function in the system menu, then when one folder is finished, M3 will skip to the next folder.'
But thanks for your confirmation. It appears that Shanling has not implement this play thru folder feature or that Shanling had misunderstanding on this requested feature.

Yeah, you're right. That's strange because there is no folder skip menu item. I asked about this during my initial review period and was confused then, too. Hopefully Shanling will stop by soon and put this question to rest!

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #282 of 567
  Okay, okay... I think we've just got a mistranslation issue here.

@puppyfi: Nope, playing through multiple folders doesn't work for me. Does it work for you @swannie007? I've been confused about it but think I understand why now. I think maybe @Shanling has been wondering why we keep asking why we can't use folder browsing mode when we're actually asking for something else.

@Shanling: The current behavior is for the M3 to play all songs in Folder 1 and then stop. What we want is an option to play through all songs in Folder 1 and then have the M3 continue play starting with songs in Folder 2 and so on. This way we don't have to go back into the menu and choose the next folder for play after all the songs in the current folder are finished. 

To answer your question nmatheis, I have no idea? I just load music on my micro sd card from my computer with drag and drop and then insert it and elect all and hit play. I have it on random play and just listen to the music. When I want to listen to something in particular I just look up the artist by name or the genre. My life is complicated enough without adding more complexity. I am a firm believer in KISS! Cheers.

Nov 24, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #284 of 567
Hi,

In "Play setting", what the purpose of :

- Break-point memory play?
- playing surfaces?

Thanks.

Aaarrgh, need to help with M3 translations, too..,

Shanling: Can you please email me a file with M3 translations like we did with M2?

Break-point memory setting tells M3 whether it should start up at the menu, the beginning of the last song you were playing before you turned it off, or the point in the song you were at when you turned it off. Make sense?

Playing surfaces simply toggles between two versions of the Now Playing screen. The default is the more detailed Now Playing screen. The other is quite stripped down.
:beerchug:

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #285 of 567
Thank you!
I should also work on a French translation because for now I have to use it in English to understand what I'm doing!

There is also an "auto zoom-in" for pictures when you are in the now playing screen, and I find this annoying because you cannot see the entire picture unless you are on the home screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back