Shanling M3
Nov 25, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #286 of 567
Dear Puppyfi,
I apologize for that I made a mistake on the folder skip function-it was a function we wish to have in the coming FW but not available in this version. I have mixed up with them.

Sorry for the confusion and thank you for the good suggestion!

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 25, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #287 of 567
Dear Puppyfi,
I apologize for that I made a mistake on the folder skip function-it was a function we wish to have in the coming FW but not available in this version. I have mixed up with them.

Any idea when the new M3 FW will be released?

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #290 of 567
Really? The French translation is proof-read by a French company. That is too sad, we will try to improve

Crowd source the proofreading at French Audio forums. You'll probably get better translations at a much better price (free)!!!

And please feel free to send me the English translation for the M3. I'll look over it and make some suggestions.

In our mind it should be in around February, since we have to focus on the development of M5 at this moment

Since you mentioned M5, is there any information you can release for it yet?

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #291 of 567
Dear Puppyfi,

Thanks for the clarification.

May be also for the new firmware, the gapless can be further improved, as currently, gapless from tracks to tracks is still not perfect.

Another thing. I had encountered my M3 suddenly paused playing few times when using Line Out to my Fiio e12a, happened twice. Once it was last month, think eventually I shut it down, then it worked fine again the next time I powered it on. This intermittent pause playing thing did not happen again, until today. Once more, after shutting down my M3, it works fine again the next time I turned it on.
This pause playing symptom is similar to when you suddenly unplug the phone jack from phone out or line out when music is playing. But in my case, this doesn't look like intermittent bad contact to me. Not sure if this is a bug on the M3.

Overall, I'm still a happy user. Look forward to the next firmware. Thanks.

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #292 of 567
@Shanling and everyone else

I have a problem on my M3 with channel balance.

Test setup:
I have tested my M3 with three headphones : My Focal "Spirit One", my Sennheiser "HD595", and my friend's Philips "Fidelio L2".

All my music library is composed with flac files only, going from 16bits 44khz to 24bits 192khz.

The problem:
On all music with the three headphones listed above, channel balance is not right.
I have to set channel balance to "R4" to make it play music correctly centered.
The curious part is when I play with channel balance setup : when I put more on the left sound goes to the left... But when put more more on the right the sound does not go to the right as much it goes to the left and it seems it does not only affect balance but also sound signature ( does it make sense ? )

So, does anyone here is like me obliged to play with balance setting to have a correctly centered sound?
I have never experienced this on other DAP but I never have or tested a dual mono designed DAP before: does this problem exist for anyone on M3? Is it also a problem that exist on other dual-mono DAPs?

@Shanling : can you please help? Do you think I have a faulty device ?

Regards

Nov 25, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #294 of 567
Really? The French translation is proof-read by a French company. That is too sad, we will try to improve

Oh yes really! As a sample, the Play setting menu :

High pitch setting : "réglage de note haute" should be "réglage des aigus", but on electronic devices we just say "aigus"
Low pitch setting : same as above, should be just "basses"
Maximum volume limit : this one correct in french!
Default volume at power on : "volum par défaut" is misspelled : volume with a "e" at the end.
Break-point memory play : "jouer de memoire breakpoint" really?:joy::joy::joy: This one almost make me pee on me. Still have to think how I can translate this.
Channel balance : "balance de cannal" should be "balance"
Play mode : "mode de jouer" should be "mode de lecture"
Playing surfaces : "surfaces" should be "Interface de lecture"

And so on on nearly every menu. There is also menu names ( in the upper left corner of the screen) which are not translated and still are in Chinese.

Nov 25, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #296 of 567

Test setup:
I have tested my M3 with three headphones : My Focal "Spirit One", my Sennheiser "HD595", and my friend's Philips "Fidelio L2".

All my music library is composed with flac files only, going from 16bits 44khz to 24bits 192khz.

The problem:
On all music with the three headphones listed above, channel balance is not right.
The curious part is when I play with channel balance setup : when I put more on the left sound goes to the left... But when put more more on the right the sound does not go to the right as much it goes to the left and it seems it does not only affect balance but also sound signature ( does it make sense ? )

So, does anyone here is like me obliged to play with balance setting to have a correctly centered sound?
I have never experienced this on other DAP but I never have or tested a dual mono designed DAP before: does this problem exist for anyone on M3? Is it also a problem that exist on other dual-mono DAPs?

Regards

Shanling, can you please help a valued customer out?
:beerchug:

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #297 of 567

Test setup:

The problem:

Regards

Tested mine with no LR balance issue.

Here is the Chesky flac file I use to test -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2a21xjoiv7kbdz/10%20-%20Various%20Artists%20-%20Introduction%20And%20Left-Right%20Imaging%20Test.flac?dl=0

Nov 28, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #299 of 567
HI Shanling I was reading through earlier in this thread that the FW 2.1 should have resolved the 5800 db limit on library. I have updated from 2.0 to 2.1 but the limit still remains. Just wondering if this is planned to be resolved in any future update as this is the one very frustrating thing i have found in an otherwise excellent player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back