Shanling M3
Aug 4, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #121 of 567

Have you found Shanling on Twitter?  I hope we hear from Hidizs soon.  I was pleasantly surprised by the AP100, so I've been looking forward to their follow up.

Also loving the AP100.

Searched for Shanling on Twitter, but they don't appear to be on that platform. Not on Instagram either (though there are some Shanling-hashtagged images).

Aug 4, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #122 of 567
Engagement potentially limited by language issues? That said, it would be great to get some back-and-forth going.

The email communications I've had with them have been quite clear, so I think they're more than capable of outreach. I just don't get the silence.

Aug 4, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #123 of 567
The email communications I've had with them have been quite clear, so I think they're more than capable of outreach. I just don't get the silence.

Similar to my interaction with Hidizs that aptly promise a return to social media.  I'm keen on what they're continuing to cook up for the AP300 and ponder whether FiiO's X7 announcement will factor into the ongoing development they'd described.

Aug 4, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #124 of 567
Similar to my interaction with Hidizs that aptly promise a return to social media.  I'm keen on what they're continuing to cook up for the AP300 and ponder whether FiiO's X7 announcement will factor into the ongoing development they'd described.

It's a missed opportunity to build goodwill amongst current owners and brand recognition amongst potential owners. I've mentioned this, but seemingly to no avail...

Aug 4, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #125 of 567
It's a missed opportunity to build goodwill amongst current owners and brand recognition amongst potential owners. I've mentioned this, but seemingly to no avail...

Hopefully FiiO won't change in regards to direct interaction.  The company does seem to be growing with both awareness and press in the states.  The X3 II seems to have really resonated with new consumers.

Aug 19, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #128 of 567
Dear All,

Thank you guys for being so enthusiastic and active on the discussion of our products. Especially @nmatheis, thank you for organizing the M3 and H3 tour and posting your excellent review, as well as answering many questions from other users.

We apologize for our lack of interactivity on the related threads and the late attendance of the similar discussions-as a traditional Chinse company, language is sometimes troubling us but we will try our best from now on, joining your open discussion. Being late is still than being totally absent, right?  
bigsmile_face.gif
 I am happy to be an official representative of Shanling here and try to become a part of the community in the future days.

M3 is our first DAP and thank you for your tolerance on its defective. We will continuously provide firmware support to make it better.

I have read all of your posts and hereby concludes the unsolved questions and friendly advices:
1. Does M3 supports .m3u and gapless playback?
It is a pity that these are not possible on M3. But future models will support

2. What will be updated in the future firmware update?
Thank you for your discussions and advices and we could collect the "must have" fuctions. Adding the third lock screen operation-VOL. only-is possible. Improving the logic of browsing songs, for example artist-album-songs, is also a good idea that could be implemented. Or we could search via artist or album when listening one music. You could raise more of your demands and we would evaluate and try to implement in the future firmware.
Changing some of the wording, including "now playing screen, detailed and simple" is also workable. You could also raise some other inproper wordings.
There is currently no a clear timing of have a new firmware, but if we collect enough hints that need to be improved, we will update soon.

3. Is Shanling on Twitter, Facebook or some other international social media?
It is a pity that many popular platforms like Twitter and FB is blocked in China. Of course we could try VPN but it is still difficult. So we are not on them, sorry. But we are lucky to be on Head-Fi

BTW, I am glad to announce that we will soon release our second DAP, M2, which is an more mature product comparing to M3, with very small size, very smooth wheel button (yes, wheel button again, but must be an exciting one) operation, and the very friendly user interface. Please concern on our coming M2 announcement!

Thank you for your support.  Do not forget to ask me any M3 questions here and I will answer in time.   

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Aug 19, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #129 of 567
Thanks for joining the discussion Shanling with a very well-written post. Please have no concerns about the language barrier. I look forward to hearing more from you and other M3 users!

Thanks for the M2 announcement. I'm excited to see what Shanling brings forward with their next DAP in an increasingly competitive DAP market!

Aug 19, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #130 of 567
Thanks for joining the discussion @Shanling with a very well-written post. Please have no concerns about the language barrier. I look forward to hearing more from you and other M3 users!

Thanks for the M2 announcement. I'm excited to see what Shanling brings forward with their next DAP in an increasingly competitive DAP market!

I totally agree with that  and also surely interested by your new project M2.
I hope so you will not stop the development of the M3 firmware.

Aug 19, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #131 of 567
Thanks for joining the discussion @Shanling with a very well-written post. Please have no concerns about the language barrier. I look forward to hearing more from you and other M3 users!

+1.

Thanks Shanling for joining the party 
wink_face.gif

Aug 20, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #133 of 567
Any more infos about features, price and availability of the M2? I'm in the market for a new DAP and had been considering the M3 because... well... it's by Shanling. I'm torn now, should Iwait for the M2?

If you need a Shanling DAP right now, M3 is your only choice. If you can hold off for another month or so, I bet you'll start to see more details on the M2 :wink:

I for one am really eager to see lessons Shanling learned from M3 that will be applied to M2!

Aug 20, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #134 of 567
Well, I might have to get a Cayin N5 now then and the Shanling M2 when it's released. I'm guessing from usual naming conventions that it's a smaller DAP than the M3? Would be nice to be able to compare the portable offerings from two Chinese hifi powerhouses. :)

Aug 20, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #135 of 567
Well, I might have to get a Cayin N5 now then and the Shanling M2 when it's released. I'm guessing from usual naming conventions that it's a smaller DAP than the M3? Would be nice to be able to compare the portable offerings from two Chinese hifi powerhouses. :)

I believe M2 will be a more pocketable model but still keep elements that make the M3 so unique. Hopefully Shanling will release details for M2 soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back