Shanling M3 DAP
Jun 28, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #31 of 73
Would like to see how you secured it. Can you post a pic?

I'd take a pic, but my camera's in my bedroom right now along with my sleeping wife. So...

I took a regular old drinking straw, which just happens to cover all the holes on my iPhone 5s microphone, cut it down to ~1.5", and used two pieces of scotch tape to tape it tightly over the microphone holes. It was secure enough that I could insert the IEM nozzles and fiddle around with the rig without the straw moving. I'm sure Brooko's dedicated SPL meter would be better, but hey we all gotta start somewhere, right :wink_face:

Jun 28, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #32 of 73
I'd take a pic, but my camera's in my bedroom right now along with my sleeping wife. So...

I took a regular old drinking straw, which just happens to cover all the holes on my iPhone 5s microphone, cut it down to ~1.5", and used two pieces of scotch tape to tape it tightly over the microphone holes. It was secure enough that I could insert the IEM nozzles and fiddle around with the rig without the straw moving. I'm sure Brooko's dedicated SPL meter would be better, but hey we all gotta start somewhere, right
wink_face.gif

Yup... will give this a shot when I'm next comparing something.

Jun 28, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #33 of 73
It's an easy, low-tech DIY solution :wink_face:

BTW, loving Bjork's Biophilia album with Shanling M3 + T20. The bass hits hard when needed but fades into the background when not needed. Bjork's vocals are strong and clear. Instruments and electronics in the upper mids and treble ranges are really crisp and clear.

There's a lot of very specific placement of instruments and electronics in the songs, and the T20 are handling them very nicely.

Listening to this has been a nice end to a hectic, hot day :L3000:

[video]http://youtu.be/orDHGcMk9Ps[/video]

Jul 20, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #42 of 73

Users who are viewing this thread

Back