Shanling M1s - Ideal Compact Portable Player
Sep 27, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #753 of 949
I'm downloading it and I'll test it in a moment.
@edit
It's better. After resuming playback, it still doesn't crash. But Pause still disconnects from the headphones after a while. And disconnected headphones cannot resume playback. Physical buttons will not resume it either. Because the headphones are still disconnected. I have to turn on the screen, wait for the headphones to connect and then resume playback. Quite annoying when I paused for a while and try to resume playback. Why doesn't the player connect to my headphones? Or is there no option to turn it on/off? Now, almost after every pause, I have to take the device out of my pocket, turn on the screen and resume playback. So I'm doomed to not use pause. At least the whole operation doesn't cause pre-update problems.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #755 of 949
Firmware Update V2.4 now available

Full notes and download link:

https://en.shanling.com/article-M1SV24.html

Please note, OTA update might be delayed.
It is hoped that Shanling will fix or add the alpha-quick navigation feature found in 'All Songs' and 'Hi-Res' in the following screens: 'Folder', 'Album', 'Artist', 'Composer'. If you have a large library, it takes a long time to get from A to Z.

Sep 27, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #756 of 949
I'm downloading it and I'll test it in a moment.
@edit
It's better. After resuming playback, it still doesn't crash. But Pause still disconnects from the headphones after a while. And disconnected headphones cannot resume playback. Physical buttons will not resume it either. Because the headphones are still disconnected. I have to turn on the screen, wait for the headphones to connect and then resume playback. Quite annoying when I paused for a while and try to resume playback. Why doesn't the player connect to my headphones? Or is there no option to turn it on/off? Now, almost after every pause, I have to take the device out of my pocket, turn on the screen and resume playback. So I'm doomed to not use pause. At least the whole operation doesn't cause pre-update problems.

Just to be sure, do you have the idle function turned off completely? Because that's what might be causing this.

It is hoped that Shanling will fix or add the alpha-quick navigation feature found in 'All Songs' and 'Hi-Res' in the following screens: 'Folder', 'Album', 'Artist', 'Composer'. If you have a large library, it takes a long time to get from A to Z.

We asked software team for it multiple times, not yet sure when it might be added.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Sep 28, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #757 of 949
Just to be sure, do you have the idle function turned off completely? Because that's what might be causing this.
Thank you. I have never turned on Idle mode. But when I wanted to check that in this mode there is one more tab in the options. Exactly Auto-standby. After disabling this option, everything works as it should. Now the device is fully usable for me. All I have to do is wait for a possible audiobook player until I'm completely happy.

Sep 28, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #758 of 949
I am having an issue with the newest firmware. I have 17,000+ ALAC files all in 16bit or 24bit. Which I try to go into either the All Songs or Hi Res categories the player freezes for many minutes, but will eventually load the tracks page. The player froze for literally 10 minutes from 2:28pm until 2:38pm after I clicked "All Tracks" until the track list loaded and the player unfroze. This did not use to happen on the previous firmware, the All Tracks and Hi Res categories loaded the tracks list right away. I am using the same micro-SD card as before, and I have factory reset the player and reloaded the library.

Album, Artist, Playlists ect.. all work as expected.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #759 of 949
I am having an issue with the newest firmware. I have 17,000+ ALAC files all in 16bit or 24bit. Which I try to go into either the All Songs or Hi Res categories the player freezes for many minutes, but will eventually load the tracks page. The player froze for literally 10 minutes from 2:28pm until 2:38pm after I clicked "All Tracks" until the track list loaded and the player unfroze. This did not use to happen on the previous firmware, the All Tracks and Hi Res categories loaded the tracks list right away. I am using the same micro-SD card as before, and I have factory reset the player and reloaded the library.

Album, Artist, Playlists ect.. all work as expected.

Lol, i thought im the only one.

Yeah new firmware seems to keep freezing often. In all usage case. I mean just simple touch could freeze it.

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:20 AM Post #760 of 949

Yeah new firmware seems to keep freezing often. In all usage case. I mean just simple touch could freeze it.

For me it's not freezing on all usage cases, only when clicking into All Tracks or Hi Res. Clicking into Artist, Album, importing playlists, playing playlists is all fine. Just loading all tracks freezes the player for 10 whole minutes. This didn't happen on the previous firmware. Hopefully they release a fix soon.

Sep 29, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #761 of 949
I checked on my device. It actually freezes after entering all songs. But only for a moment. But I only have 2600 tracks. However, software 2.4 is the best because it fixes bugs in previous versions that made it impossible to use the device normally.

Sep 30, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #763 of 949
For Portability, I like this combination very much now.
Hope to see more improved compact DAPs from Shanling in the Future. (Maybe M1Ultra)

Shanling M1S
intime MIYABI MK II (Pentaconn Ear)
ORB Clear Force Ultimate (Pentaconn Ear 4.4mm)
AZLA Sednafit max ASMR

Attachments

• 20230930_233636.jpg
    20230930_233636.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Sep 30, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #764 of 949

Almost sounds like it it rescanning the entire track library. This would suck for me and a no go if this is the case as I have almost 16000 tracks and not putting up with this on any DAP let alone one that costs $300 CDN. The M1S is on my shopping list for Black Friday but only if this issue and the subsequent freezing issue are addressed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back