Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Sep 2, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #3,391 of 3,480
Same problem, stucking with fw 4.0, i've tried everything from different sd formatting to restoring initial settings and so on, i've tried different sd cards too..
Thank you!

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #3,393 of 3,480
For some reason, I'm stuck on fw 4.4. I formatted my sd card just to only have the update.upt file on it. Still won't update to either 4.5 or 4.6.

Same problem, stucking with fw 4.0, i've tried everything from different sd formatting to restoring initial settings and so on, i've tried different sd cards too..
Thank you!

Sorry for staying the obvious, but did you unzip the file first?

Silly I know, but sometimes it's the simple things..

I just updated my M1 a day or two ago with not issues.

Good luck...

Sep 2, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #3,394 of 3,480
Sorry for staying the obvious, but did you unzip the file first?

Silly I know, but sometimes it's the simple things..

I just updated my M1 a day or two ago with not issues.

Good luck...
Yes file unzipped first as usual but no luck
Thanks anyway

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #3,396 of 3,480
I think you are mistaken. M1 never had a Line Out on the menu...and it still does not.

Oh sorry, my mistake, since it's running on same system as others I assumed it has it in setting without checking first. Then we can ask HiBY why we got this new icon showing on M1 when it has no meaning.

For some reason, I'm stuck on fw 4.4. I formatted my sd card just to only have the update.upt file on it. Still won't update to either 4.5 or 4.6.

Thank you!

Can you please tell little bit more details? Where exactly is the problem? Unit doesn't recognize the firmware update, update fails, update goes through but it still shows old version, etc?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Sep 3, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #3,397 of 3,480
Oh sorry, my mistake, since it's running on same system as others I assumed it has it in setting without checking first. Then we can ask HiBY why we got this new icon showing on M1 when it has no meaning.

Can you please tell little bit more details? Where exactly is the problem? Unit doesn't recognize the firmware update, update fails, update goes through but it still shows old version, etc?
It is recognized by the system when choosing System Update. No error there, but as soon as I select the check button to update, it restarts, flashing the startup screen for less than a second, goes black very quickly then flashes the startul screen again.

I'm stuck at 4.4, even tried lower versions and I couldn't get off. I'm sure the system version is still 4.4 and not in the about screen since I couldn't see the sensitivity option for the scroll wheel when I tried 4.6.

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #3,399 of 3,480
It is recognized by the system when choosing System Update. No error there, but as soon as I select the check button to update, it restarts, flashing the startup screen for less than a second, goes black very quickly then flashes the startul screen again.

I'm stuck at 4.4, even tried lower versions and I couldn't get off. I'm sure the system version is still 4.4 and not in the about screen since I couldn't see the sensitivity option for the scroll wheel when I tried 4.6.

That's exactly what happens to me, sorry for the late reply
thanks again

Sep 4, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #3,400 of 3,480
Delay issue which I mentioned before continues on last firmware too. At first I was thinking it's because of Bluetooth but I'm not using Bluetooth anymore. When I press play it starts to play after 3-4 seconds.

Sep 5, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #3,403 of 3,480
Will try it with 4.0 first.

Cloner Tool is here with some manuals. I have my own manual, but only in russian( First of all - write in the notes your current bluetooth mac address (it's in "About M1" in settings), otherwise you will not be able to restore it.

Sep 5, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #3,404 of 3,480
J
Cloner Tool is here with some manuals. I have my own manual, but only in russian( First of all - write in the notes your current bluetooth mac address (it's in "About M1" in settings), otherwise you will not be able to restore it.
Just finished it. It was pretty straightforward. Shanling posted it in a previous page of this thread with their own guide. Thanks a lot! I'm now on 4.6. :)

Sep 8, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #3,405 of 3,480
Just received my @Shanling M1 after buying it in a sale for £85. Much prefer the UI to my DX50. One thing bothering me so far is the M1's inability to handle multidisc albums. For example, I have one album containing two discs. The first disc songs are tagged as Disc 1 out of 2 with track numbers 1 to 14 and the second disc songs as Disc 2 out of 2 with track numbers 1 to 10. If I go into My Music and view by album the M1 doesn't list the tracks in the correct order. Instead it clumps together the same numbered tracks from both discs, so I get I track order like this 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, etc.

My DX50 handles these files fine as do I all my other devices so I don't think there's a problem with the tags. Of course I can just use the file browser and then it behaves as it should.

Anyone else found this issue?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back