Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Apr 25, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #2,641 of 3,480
Another question... I really like the whole playlist thing.
Do you know if it's possible to add a whole album/folder in the playlist?
So far what I know that I can do is select a song and play the whole album/folder that it's in.
What if I want to add 2 or 3 albums to play in a row?

Apr 25, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #2,642 of 3,480
  Another question... I really like the whole playlist thing.
Do you know if it's possible to add a whole album/folder in the playlist?
So far what I know that I can do is select a song and play the whole album/folder that it's in.
What if I want to add 2 or 3 albums to play in a row?

Maybe you can edit your m3u file on the computer and than put it into M1.It's the fastest way to build your playlist.
etysmile.gif

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Apr 27, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #2,643 of 3,480
Maybe you can edit your m3u file on the computer and than put it into M1.It's the fastest way to build your playlist.
etysmile.gif
I realize that it could happen this way, but I believe it would be really simple and helpful being able to add a whole album or folder to the playlist as you can do that with a song...
It would be a really nice feature at least for me. I don't know what the other guys say...

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #2,645 of 3,480
@UNOE - Basically, Replaygain is an algorithm that scans through your songs (usually on CD rip), determines the peak volume, and tags the songs accordingly. Then DAPs with Replaygain tech can read that tag and intelligently normalize the volume either by songs or by by album. If by song, it means you won't have a quiet song followed by a shockingly loud song. Similarly if by album, you won't find that 70's album too quiet and that modern album too loud when listened to in quick succession.

Did that help?

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #2,646 of 3,480
@UNOE - Basically, Replaygain is an algorithm that scans through your songs (usually on CD rip), determines the peak volume, and tags the songs accordingly. Then DAPs with Replaygain tech can read that tag and intelligently normalize the volume either by songs or by by album. If by song, it means you won't have a quiet song followed by a shockingly loud song. Similarly if by album, you won't find that 70's album too quiet and that modern album too loud when listened to in quick succession.

Did that help?
Thanks

May 2, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #2,647 of 3,480
ΟΚ guys.. I have another noob question.
There is a setting for low/high gain.
In terms of sound quality, low is the setting to go, right?

Is this setting just for driving headphones that need extra juice?

May 4, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #2,648 of 3,480
Hello,

I am currently experiencing worries. I tried to update V2.0. However, this does not work. During start-up, the unit restarts and "blinks". I have already returned the device to the vendor for this problem under the 1.12 (more or less solved under the version 1.12 Beta installed on it). The more I try to force this update, the more it blinks before restarting. My question is: could this be a hardware or software problem? Here is links to a photo of the installed version and a video of the problem :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8rwK9FfrQjgdFFoZk8yWGVyaU0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8rwK9FfrQjgMUxneUdrUU5TV0E

May 6, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #2,649 of 3,480
Hi guys. I just want to ask if shanling m1 is still worth to buy now? This dap is cheaper than the dap that I really want to buy but I don't have enough budget. And also the headphone out can also be used as line out? Thanks.

May 6, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #2,650 of 3,480
Hi guys. I just want to ask if shanling m1 is still worth to buy now? This dap is cheaper than the dap that I really want to buy but I don't have enough budget. And also the headphone out can also be used as line out? Thanks.

I think it is still worth it. I purchased my M1 secondhand, and I use it more than all of my other DAPs, currently. It is my go-to when I mow, workout, need a quick listen or whatever.

As for Lineout, yes it works. I am currently listening to it in the following chain: M1->iTube2->iFi Black Label->Grado GH-2, and it functions just fine. I can even use the volume on it still. I really like the sound. I know Cayin has their N3 out, and some like it, but I see no reason to upgrade to that as my go-to portable-quick use as of right now.

I am very happy with the M1. Good luck, and decide what makes you happy.

May 6, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #2,651 of 3,480

Im selling mine if your interested. Not sure if the selling forum is working to post it but you or anyone can PM me for additional info.

May 6, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #2,652 of 3,480
I have the walnut v2 now and I was thinking if I buy the m1, I can use it as an amp. I like the m1s but my budget is short. I just love to listen and I don't think I really need an expensive dap just for listening. Last question, can I ask for a link of the latest firmware or just what page here and are there any bugs right now? Thanks again.

May 7, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #2,655 of 3,480
Imo, the Walnut (with the Burson V5i) sounds better with all my full sized headphones compared to the M1.

That being said, if I could only have one of them it would easily be the M1 due to better flexibility, size and generally being much more user friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back