Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Apr 22, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #2,626 of 3,480
I played Tidal (lossless) over aptx to M1 to Mojo and it sounds very good.  Sounds better than Apple Music directly to Mojo (Which also is very good).  I'm not they guy who says they all sound the same.  I can tell the difference right away between formats.  Because I spends alot of time with mojo, cans, and same track.

For the price I don't think you can go wrong with M1.  It's a good backup DAC for PC, does bluetooth transport, also have my microSD loaded with my lossless.
Once a good case is made for Mojo and M1 it would be very small footprint as well not as long as Poly.  Right now I'm strapped and its nice size.

When you pair M1 to smartphone via Bluetooth, did you play Tidal from USB Audio Player pro app or directly from Tidal app?

I don't know what that app is. Just standard Tidal app Apple App Store.

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #2,627 of 3,480
Apr 22, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #2,629 of 3,480
Hi

Was just wondering if any of the newer firmware updates had introduced a resume or bookmark feature yet? Mainly thinking of audiobooks here. I know I asked awhile back, was just curious if anything had changed?

Thanks

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #2,630 of 3,480
  So i have the update.upt file in the root of my card, but trying to do a system update just says there's no update file there, what's the trick to getting the firmware update to actually update ?

Did you have the M1 scan the SD card after you put the update file on it?  And make sure there is only one update file on the card.  After you update you can delete the update file from the SD card.

Apr 23, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #2,631 of 3,480
I got it updated eventually, the card needs to be formatted FAT32 with a master boot record partition [which is not the default on OSX] and the update.upt be the only file on the card. The firmware updaters seem to be significantly more picky about how the card is setup than when just accessing music files from them. 

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #2,632 of 3,480
  I got it updated eventually, the card needs to be formatted FAT32 with a master boot record partition [which is not the default on OSX] and the update.upt be the only file on the card. The firmware updaters seem to be significantly more picky about how the card is setup than when just accessing music files from them. 

Good deal! 

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #2,633 of 3,480
Hello I have a question I do not know if someone has already done it before, the m1 has a quick search?
I am thinking of changing my player I have a fiio m3 and the truth has many limitations in the interface and that is my main problem I have a lot of music and m3 does not have a quick search which makes looking for songs in the library very tedious.
Thanks. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #2,634 of 3,480
  Hello I have a question I do not know if someone has already done it before, the m1 has a quick search?
I am thinking of changing my player I have a fiio m3 and the truth has many limitations in the interface and that is my main problem I have a lot of music and m3 does not have a quick search which makes looking for songs in the library very tedious.
Thanks. 
smily_headphones1.gif

v2 of the firmware has added being able to advance screen-by-screen, using the FWD/REW buttons on the side.  The knob/wheel still increments line-by-line.  I don't know if there's a "Search" function, like the Cayin N3 has.

Edit: Fixed typo.

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #2,639 of 3,480
I am wondering if there is a preferred way to shut down the unit to reduce battery drain when not playing music.

More than once in the last few weeks I thought I shut the unit down completely.  But when I woke it up to play music a few days later the battery was drained completely.

Perhaps there is a setting in firmware to adjust?  I am on the latest firmware, the M1 original release (as I think  there is a M1s).

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #2,640 of 3,480
  I am wondering if there is a preferred way to shut down the unit to reduce battery drain when not playing music.

More than once in the last few weeks I thought I shut the unit down completely.  But when I woke it up to play music a few days later the battery was drained completely.

Perhaps there is a setting in firmware to adjust?  I am on the latest firmware, the M1 original release (as I think  there is a M1s).

Auto shutdown/off in the system settings.  I think you have four choices.  1,2,5 or 10 minutes.  Basically if no music is playing it will shutdown at the time selected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back