Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Apr 8, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #2,551 of 3,480

Has any one on this thread had any luck installing and using a Shanling USB driver (to allow the USB DAC function) on Windows 7 (64-Bit)?

I've tried several different times (and ways) to install / update the driver, and always end up seeing this in the Device Manager - Shanling Audio Device : This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Is the driver or the M1 picky about which type of USB port (2.0 or 3.0) it's connected to?  The USB connections on my PC can be changed, but they're not too easily accessible.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Take Care,
  David Baldock

Hey @Shanling. I have had to help a few people out on this issue for the UP. I know David B. has good technical chops.
I think (well know really) that the install file for the UP Windows driver is broken. The possibly is true also for the the M1 though I have never had problems with that.

David; try the USB driver for the M2. Turns out that Shanling uses the same driver for all its units. The good news is that you can plug any Shanling device into your Windows PC and it will work. That is how I got the UP to work.

As a general rule with USB driver issues it is never a bad idea to try a different cable or port.

I did try selecting Update Driver in the Device Manager, and pointing to .inf files in these Shanling USB downloads - 
20160616170324_2425
20160918103700_7529
20161115162018_6009
20170215114030_2432

- but that didn't work.

However, it turns out that running the Setup.exe in the 20160616170324_2425 folder, worked to remove the Shanling Audio Device : This device cannot start. (Code 10) error.  It also installed the Shanling Audio Control Panel.

Now the Shanling Audio Device shows up as a Playback device in the Sound selections.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Apr 8, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #2,555 of 3,480
I used bluetooth all day yesterday and didn't have a problem with it.  My use was with a trinity bluetooth lanyard.

Edit:  Actually I lied it was my X7 I was using.  Sucks getting old, the first thing to go is your memory.

Apr 10, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #2,556 of 3,480
Hello,
I tried to upgrade my M1 with the v2.0 firmware, but it fail (updater v1.1, and the message only say "v_v failed").
I've try to change sdcard etc.. but i'm stuck on the updater page.
Is there any chance to bring back my M1 to life ?

Apr 10, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #2,558 of 3,480
Could anyone that's pairing the M1 with a Mojo confirm whether Tidal streaming works when in Offline mode? I'm very close to buying an M1 and would like to be able to stream my Tidal Offline content when I don't have wifi/good signal

It's just a Bluetooth receiver for your smartphone's Tidal app. So if you're phone can playback offline Tidal, your M1 will play out back.

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #2,561 of 3,480
  Is there anyway to play all tracks by a specific Artist?

Every option that uses "Artist" forces me to drill down to a specific album.

Do you have to put all the songs into a single folder?

I created some Playlists, which are in a Folder called Playlists, which I can access with the Folder Browser on any of the DAPs.
The song paths in the Playlists are relative to the Playlists folder, so copying the whole music folder structure to each of the DAPs, means the Playlists work on all of them.

To create the Playlist files, I'm using some Linux commands, in Windows7, via the Cygwin command line environment.
For instance, while in the Playlists folder, to create an Iona-Playlist-01 with all the tracks by Iona, I'd run these two commands:

echo "#EXTM3U" > Iona-Playlist-01.m3u
find -O2 ../Celtic/Iona/ -name "*.flac" | sort >> Iona-Playlist-01.m3u

Hope this helps.

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #2,562 of 3,480

I created some Playlists, which are in a Folder called Playlists, which I can access with the Folder Browser on any of the DAPs.
The song paths in the Playlists are relative to the Playlists folder, so copying the whole music folder structure to each of the DAPs, means the Playlists work on all of them.

To create the Playlist files, I'm using some Linux commands, in Windows7, via the Cygwin command line environment.
For instance, while in the Playlists folder, to create an Iona-Playlist-01 with all the tracks by Iona, I'd run these two commands:

echo "#EXTM3U" > Iona-Playlist-01.m3u
find -O2 ../Celtic/Iona/ -name "*.flac" | sort >> Iona-Playlist-01.m3u

Hope this helps.

Yeah...  having to resort to manual kludge process for something that simple in 2017 is simply not acceptable.

It's bad enough the Shuffle feature doesn't really shuffle.

How can so much effort be put into the hardware side of the device but the interface/software  be so awful?

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #2,563 of 3,480

Yeah...  having to resort to manual kludge process for something that simple in 2017 is simply not acceptable.

It's bad enough the Shuffle feature doesn't really shuffle.

How can so much effort be put into the hardware side of the device but the interface/software  be so awful?

On your M1, when you select My Music > Artist, and then an artist's name, do you not see the Open All option?

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #2,564 of 3,480
Wow!  it's there but at the very bottom, past all the album names.  Never saw it because I never scrolled down that far.  You'd think they'd put that option at the top.

Guess it's Western vs Eastern thinking :)

Thanks a ton!

Now that's solved, is there anyway to customize the "Now Playing" screen?

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #2,565 of 3,480
Wow!  it's there but at the very bottom, past all the album names.  Never saw it because I never scrolled down that far.  You'd think they'd put that option at the top.

Guess it's Western vs Eastern thinking :)

Thanks a ton!

Now that's solved, is there anyway to customize the "Now Playing" screen?

Probably not, short of uncompiling, modifying, and re-installing the Firmware... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back