Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Jan 15, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #1,966 of 3,480
I just bought one to for feeding my Chord Mojo and link my mobile phone to Mojo over Bluetooth.

I assume this works fine now for Spotify Extreme or Tidal HiFi and no quality loss over BT AptX ? (compared to wired).

Any comment on linking with Mojo? I already have a 10cm microUSB to USC-C OTG cable. 

If using M1 direct with Mojo to play DSD does it feed correctly to Mojo showing White on power ball plus correct with FLAC 24/96 to 24/192 colours etc ?

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #1,967 of 3,480
You didn't answer how the m1 is compared to the Fiio X3 II. I'm curious about this comparison too. Do you know?

No I'm sorry I don't. I've never heard the X3ii so can't help you with that.

Jan 15, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #1,969 of 3,480
Your probably right. Going to hold off on the M1 until there's more info on the Chord Poly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #1,970 of 3,480
I've got the M1 and AP60 and definitely prefer the M1. Soundwise there's no a huge difference to my ears except for the bass roll off on the AP60 which is easily noticeable when doing direct comparison.

I prefer the button lay out and the way the M1 is operated by quite a large margin.

Just my 2c
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks a lot @peter123
I am also waiting for some news of the X3-III..

EDIT: Is 140€ a good price for the M1 in Europe? 

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #1,973 of 3,480
  Well, tbh im sure you can't go wrong with either. So if you have any doubts, then don't. On the plus side, the M1 is super versatile, and should sound just as good if not better than the Fiio X1, although it ultimately comes down to preference

thank u sir. i read about the searching and indexing of files on M1, and the tiny screen , which kinda worry me. 
m gonna collect it later tonight, pre-order arrived in local (singapore) store. hope it will be good

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #1,974 of 3,480
OKm perhaps somebody can talk me through the settings on the M1 with regard to resume. I have tried what seems sensible before, and so far no joy.

I just want to hit pause, and when I return to the unit hit pause again and start playing the song I had been playing at the same location in the song at the same spot in the folder where I was.

On the M2 and my FIIO X3II, when I put the unit in pause, and then turn it back on later, all I have to do is hit the pause (or play) button again and I start up right where I left off.

On the M1, I am left outside the Now Playing folder and if I enter the folder I am not accessing the same song that I left off at.   Nor do I return to the folder that I had been using.

So please forgive my general lack of clue on this and talk me through the settings to make this happen.  Maybe the unit is falling asleep to quickly and losing everything:?  I do do have playback set to location in the resume menu.

Jan 16, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #1,975 of 3,480
Your probably right. Going to hold off on the M1 until there's more info on the Chord Poly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I played Tidal (lossless) over aptx to M1 to Mojo and it sounds very good.  Sounds better than Apple Music directly to Mojo (Which also is very good).  I'm not they guy who says they all sound the same.  I can tell the difference right away between formats.  Because I spends alot of time with mojo, cans, and same track.
For the price I don't think you can go wrong with M1.  It's a good backup DAC for PC, does bluetooth transport, also have my microSD loaded with my lossless.
Once a good case is made for Mojo and M1 it would be very small footprint as well not as long as Poly.  Right now I'm strapped and its nice size.

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #1,976 of 3,480
Just ordered mine last week. Can't wait for it to arrive. Will be pairing it with Fiio e17k for my portable setup.

This thread sure give me many useful information and help me choose the M1.

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #1,977 of 3,480
  OKm perhaps somebody can talk me through the settings on the M1 with regard to resume. I have tried what seems sensible before, and so far no joy.

I just want to hit pause, and when I return to the unit hit pause again and start playing the song I had been playing at the same location in the song at the same spot in the folder where I was.

On the M2 and my FIIO X3II, when I put the unit in pause, and then turn it back on later, all I have to do is hit the pause (or play) button again and I start up right where I left off.

On the M1, I am left outside the Now Playing folder and if I enter the folder I am not accessing the same song that I left off at.   Nor do I return to the folder that I had been using.

So please forgive my general lack of clue on this and talk me through the settings to make this happen.  Maybe the unit is falling asleep to quickly and losing everything:?  I do do have playback set to location in the resume menu.

I have my M1 set to Play Settings>Resume Mode>Track. When I pause while playing a track, then turn off the M1, it will continue the track when I turn it back on. If I select a track (but do not start playing the track) then the M1 will not remember what I did because the track was not playing

If I want to set a track to play later, then I will start play then immediately pause the track. That will be remembered because the track is in pause.

Does that help???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back