Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Nov 10, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #1,262 of 3,480
Nov 10, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #1,264 of 3,480
Definitely cheaper

I'd be interested in another one at a price lower than USD$112 - since the one I've got here is for my Dad...

Nov 10, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #1,270 of 3,480
So surprised people think M1 is bright. I'm not hearing that. The highs are grainy, but the sound isn't what I'd call bright...

I'm not used to describing what I hear or have good analyzing skills, but would agree with both statements (I notice something sticking out in the highs). Used with Hifiman RE-262 IEMs.

Soundstage is also a bit compressed for me (even compared to an old Rockboxed Sansa Clip+).

But for the price, I'm happy with the purchase and enjoying the music.

PS. The Spanish shop does not include the leather case by default.

Nov 10, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #1,271 of 3,480
I'm not used to describing what I hear or have good analyzing skills, but would agree with both statements (I notice something sticking out in the highs).

Soundstage is also a bit compressed for me (even compared to an old Rockboxed Sansa Clip+).

Neither does Audiophonics ( the French shop ) :headphones::sunglasses:

Nov 10, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #1,272 of 3,480
I'm not used to describing what I hear or have good analyzing skills, but would agree with both statements (I notice something sticking out in the highs). Used with Hifiman RE-262 IEMs.

Bought the leather case for 10$ from a vietnam retailer, comes with free skins (only when you buy the leather case) as well.

Nov 10, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #1,273 of 3,480
My M1 has hit Chicago USPS as of yesterday, so hoping it'll arrive soon. I know I got a case with it, just unsure what color, so at least it'll be a surprise.

Nov 10, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #1,275 of 3,480
Currently only using Samsung S3 Neutron for DAP, reckon this M1 is a significant upgrade? Or the Fiio X3ii?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back