Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Oct 17, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #766 of 3,480
Could you please fix the following bug: when you turn the M1 off when it is plugged as a source via USB, it turns back on. Very annoying. Then when you turn it back on, it cannot detect any tracks. Thank you

Yes I also getting this bug using the beta FW.

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #767 of 3,480
Has anyone in the UK received an M1 yet? If so, where did you order from, and did you get stung with import duty?

There was a link a page or two back to a site in spain selling it.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/816385/shanling-m1-an-ipod-nano-competitor-dap-usb-dac-usb-transport-bluetooth-4-0-aptx-dsd/645#post_12931699

Very tempted to try and order it from there, being in europe we wouldn't get stung yet.

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #768 of 3,480
  For those in europe who don't want to handle issues with customs; Zococity has the M1 in stock and item is shipped from spain;
https://zococity.es/shanling-m1

I just ordered mine from there

Any updates on how the order went?  If yours turns out ok, seriously thinking of getting one of these to replace a clip plus.

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #770 of 3,480

Got the beta firmware and it works fine with the Mojo although I do get the same bug that Mimouille and headwhacker are reporting: "when you turn the M1 off when it is plugged as a source via USB, it turns back on. Very annoying. Then when you turn it back on, it cannot detect any tracks." But otherwise for a beta firmware it is very much usable.

I bought 2 types of OTG cables, a USB-C to USB and a MicroUSB to USB, and only the USB-C to USB (shown in the picture) works, so I guess it means that the OTG cable is not bi-directional (at least the one I bought).

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #771 of 3,480
Hi I'm new here. Been following this thread and I have an M1 as of last week. Shanling has said (since I tried to PM them for the beta firmware) that next week, they will post the firmware update for the M1.
I really love this little DAP, great UI, very decent sound with my Fidue A83 IEMs.

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #773 of 3,480
I think somebody said the sound was a bit thin with these.  Do those of you who have these agree?  Is it possible that may be related to the beta firmware, if true at all? 

I wonder what the US price will end up being once these ship in volume.  I hope more like $110-120 not $150.   At that price they would be a shoo in for my gym bag.

The M2 is officially $250 but one good Amazon vendor (Gemini) has them for $199.  That vendor is not an official Shanling vendor; but their service and support was good in my case.

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #774 of 3,480
I think somebody said the sound was a bit thin with these.  Do those of you who have these agree?  Is it possible that may be related to the beta firmware, if true at all? 

I wonder what the US price will end up being once these ship in volume.  I hope more like $110-120 not $150.   At that price they would be a shoo in for my gym bag.

The M2 is officially $250 but one good Amazon vendor (Gemini) has them for $199.  That vendor is not an official Shanling vendor; but their service and support was good in my case.

With my IEMs, the M1 is the opposite of thin. Definitely not as thin as the FiiO X7 with AM1, for example. The sound didn't change to my ears between stock and beta firmware.

Heck, I even tried my HD800 with M1 for giggles and it didn't make the HD800 sound thinner than it is, even though the volume is maxed out. (The pairing sounds pretty nice actually, could work in a pinch)

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #777 of 3,480

I'm using NT-6 which is known to be bright but don't see it thin on M1. A quick comparison with Hugo, I think M1 gets close. It retains the depth and the detail resolution without sounding thin. For a very-well mastered tracks setting M1 to high gain give NT-6 a perceived full-body with nice depth and wide stage.

However, low volume-level listening NT-6 do sound thin and flat. But this is more of NT-6 characteristic than M1's.

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #779 of 3,480

Any updates on how the order went?  If yours turns out ok, seriously thinking of getting one of these to replace a clip plus.

Well the site messed up my address so delivery failed yesterday, I have rescheduled the delivery for today and I'm currently waiting for it to arrive 
wink_face.gif

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #780 of 3,480

The order just arrived; All seems ok;

Lets test this beauty :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back