Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Nov 25, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #1,531 of 3,480
I think they usually bypass the headphone amp section for line out, though. 
true, but it has a few problems with double amping, because the distortion in the modern toys is so small that it will have a slight negative impact on the result. Physically, everything is fine, unlike psychology factors LOL :sleepy:

Nov 26, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #1,533 of 3,480
Yes @golov17, it shouldn't be a problem. But we're on headfi, my friend. Any slight degradation in sound quality will be immediately noticed. Even if you're using crappy, low end earphones
wink_face.gif

Hahaha good one! But yes if anyone has a good cheap USB DAC to recommend (NOT a Chord Mojo please) hit me up. Since there is no LO this is the better way to go anyway :wink:

Nov 26, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #1,534 of 3,480
Hmm...

There's AudioQuest Dragonfly, Cayin C5DAC, FiiO Q1, iBasso D14, Shanling H3A (and the forthcoming UP), etc...

I've tried all of them, and they all have their pros and cons. Give us more specifics on what you're looking for, and I bet we can find you something good that suits your needs!

Nov 26, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #1,535 of 3,480
Hmm...

There's AudioQuest Dragonfly, Cayin C5DAC, FiiO Q1, iBasso D14, Shanling H3A (and the forthcoming UP), etc...

I've tried all of them, and they all have their pros and cons. Give us more specifics on what you're looking for, and I bet we can find you something good that suits your needs!
Hidizs AP60 also..

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #1,537 of 3,480
Nov 26, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #1,538 of 3,480
I *think* they're looking for a USB DAC to connect to the M1 like Mojo but less expensive. I'm not sure the AP60 will suit their needs, but maybe I'm wrong?

You summed it up well, for me no rush as I'm out of cash now, but something would all-round bring up the level of audio like how the Mojo does would be great! :wink: My first instinct is Fiio but I noticed most of their entry level DAC/amps don't support the 192khz that M1 can.

The Bit Opus #11.
It's a DAP (and it still haven't got USB audio out activated).

Wow The Bit really is serious about their stuff! Looks nice.

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #1,541 of 3,480
Dont forget about ifi nano idsd, i'm planning to buy M1 to pair with the idsd

Wow other than the slightly thick form factor (sorry I still am used to things like phones and X1/M1s) looks really good! Thanks for this :)
  FW 1.11 for the M1 is now up!!! Downloading.........

Nice! Will download first even though my M1 is still shipping...

Nov 26, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #1,543 of 3,480
  Are you planning to use the idsd with IEMs? I owned one but had to sell it because the headphone out was way to noisy for easy-to-drive phones.

Oh yeah I read that! I will check again before I make a decision. For now due to financial constraints it's IEMs but next time may be different :wink:

However to be more realistic probably may have to explore others as my endgame IEM is something like the UE900/ATH-IM03 kind of multi-BA setups. Not really convinced by anything more than 3-4 BAs though that may change too in the future. Really happy with how technology is moving (but not so happy with the fact that TOTL seems to be getting more and more pricey unlike entry level).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back