Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 15, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #1,966 of 6,418
Finally received my M0 today from Shenzenaudio after a month waiting and I have to agree with all the reviews that it sounded very good. Did a first listen using my FAD Heaven V and I was very impressed with the general sound signature. Very clean and punchy in the same time.

Jul 16, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #1,969 of 6,418
Im currently using the trust M2. I would like to ask if it will be a worthwhile upgrade to the M0? I dont really use bluetooth so whats the advantage? Can this small thing really give better sound than the M2?
U can try both at jaben to find out

Jul 16, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #1,970 of 6,418
my M0 touch screen just stopped working yesterday, i've taken the sd card out and hit the reset button but that did nothing, the M0 just reestarts but with the same settings and i cannot use the touch screen, volume wheel works and i can turn on and off the screen but i cant listen to my music beacuse of the touchscreen, WHAT DO I DO??:cry::cry::cry:

Jul 16, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #1,971 of 6,418
my M0 touch screen just stopped working yesterday, i've taken the sd card out and hit the reset button but that did nothing, the M0 just reestarts but with the same settings and i cannot use the touch screen, volume wheel works and i can turn on and off the screen but i cant listen to my music beacuse of the touchscreen, WHAT DO I DO??:cry::cry::cry:
Contact the dealer you bought it from.

Jul 16, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #1,973 of 6,418
My M0 should finally ship today!

Unfortunately the dealer only has black right now so no titanium for me. I could wait a few more days for titanium stock but with so many false shipping notices from dealer I am done waiting and will live with black. Just hoping the touchscreen freeze up and under screen smudge aren't an issue. I don't think I could handle having to send it back after all the delays.

It isn't uncommon for a certain number of lemons to get shipped out, would like to know what percentage of M0 shipped are having one or both of these reported issues and an update from Shanling that these problems have been rectified.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #1,974 of 6,418
38C1C82E-5908-4597-A31C-F068DBAD3662.jpeg
28FEE6F8-CFE6-4F91-A7DF-87A648737412.jpeg
My M0 should finally ship today!

Unfortunately the dealer only has black right now so no titanium for me. I could wait a few more days for titanium stock but with so many false shipping notices from dealer I am done waiting and will live with black. Just hoping the touchscreen freeze up and under screen smudge aren't an issue. I don't think I could handle having to send it back after all the delays.

It isn't uncommon for a certain number of lemons to get shipped out, would like to know what percentage of M0 shipped are having one or both of these reported issues and an update from Shanling that these problems have been rectified.

Yep my first one was DOA - screen froze up as soon as I turned it on, was purple too and I liked the colour :frowning2: But my black one is running strong and the black in the black leather case looks boss. Thinking of getting a second one (purple or red?) as a back up and just because the little thing rocks. Leather case is actually really nice also.

Yes I included the stupid dog with it’s tongue out picture. My 17 year old Sheltie mix has a tongue like an ant eater. :)

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #1,980 of 6,418

Yep my first one was DOA - screen froze up as soon as I turned it on, was purple too and I liked the colour :frowning2: But my black one is running strong and the black in the black leather case looks boss. Thinking of getting a second one (purple or red?) as a back up and just because the little thing rocks. Leather case is actually really nice also.

Yes I included the stupid dog with it’s tongue out picture. My 17 year old Sheltie mix has a tongue like an ant eater. :)

Well if the issues are confined to the non-black units then I can certainly live with black. I also wonder if your replacement might have come from a later batch. Do the units have the serial number on the back of the unit and did the replacement come with more current firmware? It could give clues as to when the unit was produced. I had battery issues with my Sony A17 and Sony shipped me a newer unit rather than try to fix my old one. The newer unit had a noticeably better build quality and sound quality was better as well and has worked perfectly for 3 years now. The old one was produced in July 2014 but the replacement was produced April 2015.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back