Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 7, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #1,802 of 6,413
20180707_201440.jpg I'm probably the only person who uses the m0 this way with a custom made holder inside the car

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #1,808 of 6,413
Nice skills :)

BTW, YMMV with the age of your car's head unit, but in my car the USB connection works great - full browising and playback controls of the M0 via the head unit's touch-screen display :)

Wait... You mean you can connect the m0 to your head unit and use the screen to control the m0? Really? That works? Doesn't that make the m0 just a thumb drive? I never tried this before.
My m0 is actuslly directly connected via usb to the dac amp, bypassing the head unit for true high res playback with only one time dac conversion before audio is ouput. The m0 is just a player and its internal dac is bypassed.. Everything is done directly on the amp itself. Which means my only control is from the m0 and that's hard when driving.. I'm still waiting for shanling to enable Bluetooth remote in the m0 so i can use a controller on the steering wheel instead.
This holder was made because it's a requirement for competition. The player needed to be secured and not left dangling

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #1,809 of 6,413
I wonder if anyone can tell me how to transfer music files from one SD card to another. I have the Shanling M0 and a QP1R. I have a 200GB SanDisk card full of my music and I bought another card, a SanDisc 256GB. I just wanted to transfer a copy of the files to the new card so I can have the same files in each player. I tried to load the files from the SD card into a folder on three computers, a big MAC, a small MAC, and my old PC. None of them can "handle" the files. I got multiple error messages, file not found messages, even files in use messages. Why is this so difficult? I thought there would be nothing to it :p

Jul 7, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #1,810 of 6,413
I wonder if anyone can tell me how to transfer music files from one SD card to another. I have the Shanling M0 and a QP1R. I have a 200GB SanDisk card full of my music and I bought another card, a SanDisc 256GB. I just wanted to transfer a copy of the files to the new card so I can have the same files in each player. I tried to load the files from the SD card into a folder on three computers, a big MAC, a small MAC, and my old PC. None of them can "handle" the files. I got multiple error messages, file not found messages, even files in use messages. Why is this so difficult? I thought there would be nothing to it :p
When I run into problems like this (happens to me often) I usually take it back to the ''way back'...
There are a few things you can do but they all take time and require you monitor the transfer:
  1. Manually drag and drop the folders a few at a time (I suggest starting with 4-5 smaller folders then ramping it up a few folders at a time)
    1. Make sure to check for any strange files types. I had a .zip file in my music that for whatever reason stopped the transfer.
  2. Using Command line (PC) or Terminal Shell (MAC) and use the copy commands. You might need to Google the exact commands.
  3. Use an application, there are several applications that basically duplicate drives. Most aren't free but can basically 'ghost' from a source to source.
Don't know if it'll help but hope something works for you!

Jul 7, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #1,812 of 6,413

Very easy with a cheap sd card reader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back