Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
May 2, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #497 of 6,418
890711D0-EF26-47F1-B683-7C63C6071735.jpeg 89CF43CC-DC28-4575-82BE-952275A1CE24.jpeg
I have a question, could be stupid, but does the player have repeat and shuffle, and when using shuffle, if you power off, does the music start off where you left off, and when using random/shuffle, are the music allocated to the same sequence every time, or the sequence change.

Thanks

Size

33F59AE8-2D13-403C-82D8-1FAFE9EED2C8.jpeg

May 2, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #500 of 6,418
Hello this Shanling MO looks very attractive - but can it play TIDAL or Spotify ? Thanks.

It will function as a USB DAC, for most of your devices that can stream Tidal, Spotify, or other Internet streaming services. But, its only wireless input is via the Bluetooth SBC codec.

May 2, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #501 of 6,418
UI: Nice and smooth. IMO the scrolling speed may be a tad too fast. Mind you I haven't tried the library function (I use folder browsing exclusively)

Playback:
- I've experienced a short stutter (around one second) twice (out of a few hours of listening)
- No hiss with my Custom Art EI.xx (114db/mW)

USB DAC: Works with my MacBook 12" without a hitch.

USB out: Not sure what's wrong but I can't make it work consistently with my Centrance DACportable. Sometimes the M0 can detect the DAC but I get no sound out of it.

We are still figuring out the best speed of UI, both for browsing in music/library/folders and main menu.

I remember we had some problems with Centrance even on our older players. With USB DACs it's sometimes tricky, they might want to communicate in different way or demand more power. So far I tested M0 with Chord Mojo and Hugo, Questyle CMA800i, Woo audio WA7, iFi iDSD BL, Shanling UP and bunch of random tiny DAC/AMP sticks and it worked fine with all of them.

I have a question, could be stupid, but does the player have repeat and shuffle, and when using shuffle, if you power off, does the music start off where you left off, and when using random/shuffle, are the music allocated to the same sequence every time, or the sequence change.
Thanks

M0 has both repeat and shuffle. When you turn it off and on again(and have set up "resume mode" to "Location"), it will start in the same second as you ended. When using shuffle, there is no sequence to the songs.

Hello this Shanling MO looks very attractive - but can it play TIDAL or Spotify ? Thanks.

M0 has no wifi, neither support for third party apps. But you can play Tidal or Spotify on your phone and stream the music to M0 using Bluetooth, on iOS it would stream over AAC and on latest Androids it would use LDAC codec.

its only wireless input is via the Bluetooth SBC codec.

That was for our older models, for M0 BT receiver mode supports LDAC and AAC above the SBC.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
May 2, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #503 of 6,418
May 3, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #505 of 6,418
I just got message from jaben Malaysia that they will not carry shanling M0. Sigh.. It's either singapore or straight from AE. Hope will hear more SQ mpression before I pull the trigger

May 3, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #507 of 6,418
We are still figuring out the best speed of UI, both for browsing in music/library/folders and main menu.

I remember we had some problems with Centrance even on our older players. With USB DACs it's sometimes tricky, they might want to communicate in different way or demand more power. So far I tested M0 with Chord Mojo and Hugo, Questyle CMA800i, Woo audio WA7, iFi iDSD BL, Shanling UP and bunch of random tiny DAC/AMP sticks and it worked fine with all of them.

M0 has both repeat and shuffle. When you turn it off and on again(and have set up "resume mode" to "Location"), it will start in the same second as you ended. When using shuffle, there is no sequence to the songs.

M0 has no wifi, neither support for third party apps. But you can play Tidal or Spotify on your phone and stream the music to M0 using Bluetooth, on iOS it would stream over AAC and on latest Androids it would use LDAC codec.

Thank you for the clarification !

That was for our older models, for M0 BT receiver mode supports LDAC and AAC above the SBC.

May 3, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #509 of 6,418
How much do you want to spend? There are quite a few nice daps that will play tidal. If you’re looking for something small I could suggest hiby R3 or AK 70.

Thanks !

Hiby R3 looks attractive - when should it start retail selling ?

AK 70 also is interesting - could it stream TIDAL/Spotify ? - Sorry but their page is confusing. They have a good promo price now: $ 499

I would be prepared to spend up to some USD 600.

I have been looking at Pioneer XDP-300R-B in the Internet. Would that do the trick of playing TIDAL/Spotify ? Sound - any good ?

Thanks for your help !

May 3, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #510 of 6,418
Thanks !

Hiby R3 looks attractive - when should it start retail selling ?

AK 70 also is interesting - could it stream TIDAL/Spotify ? - Sorry but their page is confusing. They have a good promo price now: $ 499

I would be prepared to spend up to some USD 600.

I have been looking at Pioneer XDP-300R-B in the Internet. Would that do the trick of playing TIDAL/Spotify ? Sound - any good ?

Thanks for your help !

Honestly I don’t know exactly when R3 will be sold after the Kickstarter, hopefully soon. Yes AK70 does tidal for sure, and so does the pioneer, I would get the onkyo variant, but the screen is small and the UI is a mess, they reportedl sound excellent though.

There is also cayin I5 and opus #1 that sound nice and stream tidal. But they arent small like MO. Maybe Shanling will make a tiny dap that streams tidal one day :)

Right now my 2 choices would be ak70 or hiby R3 if you want smaller units. Unless you don’t mind a tiny low Rez screen and messy UI, you could go for pioneer or onkyo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back