Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Nov 23, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #3,901 of 6,418
Hi all, couple of questions before I potentially take the plunge on the M0.....

1) ibasso it01 are reported as a good match?
2) am I correct in thinking no hiby link / control from smart phone?
3) no issues with class 10 SD cards?

Ok, 3 questions

Cheers
Yes, it's a great match with the IT01.

Nov 24, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #3,903 of 6,418
Hey guys. I recently got the Shanling M0 'DAP' along with a pair of Brainwavz B400 in-ears. I have been using the B400s with the M0 ever since I got them both, but right from the start, ever since I started listening to music with them (even the first 20 minutes), the B400s have been letting out a 'burning' smell from the shells, through the open nozzles. My question is, could a 'DAP' cause any pair of headphones like these to do this? I mean, could the Shanling M0 be the reason I'm experiencing the burning smell? Also, should I be alarmed and stop using the B400s with the Shanling M0 DAP at all? I don't want them to stop working eventually, and I think the burning smell is a stage of that. Please help me, thanks.

Nov 24, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #3,904 of 6,418
Still the M0 doesn't work with the Mojo ? My Sd card is formatted to Fat32, and 2.2 firmware ..
I use the Shanling USB C to micro USB cable with my Hugo and it works great

Nov 24, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #3,906 of 6,418
Humm ? any suggestion, i have no idea why it not even recognize the mojo..
Are you using the Shanling cable? If not I would suspect it is a cable problem. I use the M0's USB output with my iFi iDSD Nano and Micro too and it works fine with them. I've found my Hugo's Micro USB input is more cable fussy than other inputs on other DACS though.

Nov 24, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #3,907 of 6,418
Are you using the Shanling cable? If not I would suspect it is a cable problem. I use the M0's USB output with my iFi iDSD Nano and Micro too and it works fine with them. I've found my Hugo's Micro USB input is more cable fussy than other inputs on other DACS though.
I have a moon-audio silver Dragon micro to micro. Dont have this issue with my AK70 or Macbook pro... I will try then..

Nov 25, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #3,910 of 6,418
Yes But im using a adapter, micro to Usb-C.
My guess is that either the adapter or the cable needs to be OTG and neither of them are. A standard charging/data transfer cable won't do it.

Nov 25, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #3,912 of 6,418
[QUOTE = "SwordNoob, příspěvek: 14619258, člen: 501681"] Měl bych koupit uhs 3 kartu nebo uhs 1 stačí pro shanling m0? $ 3 mezera mezi uhs3 a uhs1 se stejnou kapacitou

Idk, zda shanling podporuje něco vyšší než karta uhs1 [/ QUOTE]
Pomalejší karta stačí.
[QUOTE = "SwordNoob, příspěvek: 14619258, člen: 501681"] Měl bych koupit uhs 3 kartu nebo uhs 1 stačí pro shanling m0? $ 3 mezera mezi uhs3 a uhs1 se stejnou kapacitou

Idk, zda shanling podporuje něco vyšší než karta uhs1 [/ QUOTE]
A slower card will suffice.

Nov 25, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #3,913 of 6,418
Still the M0 doesn't work with the Mojo ? My Sd card is formatted to Fat32, and 2.2 firmware ..

It works with Mojo from very beginning. I would advice to firstly try to get cheap USB-C OTG adapter(with USB A on other end), and try basic USB cable. We have in office some random 1USD adapters and work just fine.
Or get the Shanling L2 cable :wink:

Hey guys. I recently got the Shanling M0 'DAP' along with a pair of Brainwavz B400 in-ears. I have been using the B400s with the M0 ever since I got them both, but right from the start, ever since I started listening to music with them (even the first 20 minutes), the B400s have been letting out a 'burning' smell from the shells, through the open nozzles. My question is, could a 'DAP' cause any pair of headphones like these to do this? I mean, could the Shanling M0 be the reason I'm experiencing the burning smell? Also, should I be alarmed and stop using the B400s with the Shanling M0 DAP at all? I don't want them to stop working eventually, and I think the burning smell is a stage of that. Please help me, thanks.

Easiest thing is to try your Brainwavz with different device. M0 doesn't have power to make any headphones start burning, even at 100% volume.

should I buy uhs 3 card or uhs 1 is enough for shanling m0? $3 gap between uhs3 and uhs1 with same capacity

Idk whether shanling support anything higher than uhs1 card

No reason to get higher UHS for M0.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 25, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #3,914 of 6,418
It works with Mojo from very beginning. I would advice to firstly try to get cheap USB-C OTG adapter(with USB A on other end), and try basic USB cable. We have in office some random 1USD adapters and work just fine.
Or get the Shanling L2 cable :wink:

Easiest thing is to try your Brainwavz with different device. M0 doesn't have power to make any headphones start burning, even at 100% volume.

No reason to get higher UHS for M0.
Thank you, i try the same moon-audio cable micro to micro with adapter USB-A to USB-C and it work well now. Micro to usb-c doesnt work ...

Nov 25, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #3,915 of 6,418
should I buy uhs 3 card or uhs 1 is enough for shanling m0? $3 gap between uhs3 and uhs1 with same capacity

Idk whether shanling support anything higher than uhs1 card

I'd get the fastest card you can afford.

Pretty sure Shanling will use any (I've got a UHS-I Speed Class 3 Samsung Evo in mine -guessing you mean UHS-I Class 3 and not UHS-II or UHS-III which I'm pretty sure are different things, cos UHS-II and UHS-III cards aren't that cheap! The U with a number inside is the class, look for a I II or III on it for actual bus speed, or indeed UHS-II or III will have extra rows of pins on the back. Check this to explain why https://fossbytes.com/uhs-ultra-high-speed-interface-difference-uhs_i-uhs-ii-uhs-iii/). UHS is usually reverse compatible with SDXC and SDHC devices.

The reason you should get a Class 3 UHS-I over say Class 1 is not that the DAP will need that, but you'll spend ages copying files over on your computer. It's faster with a SD card adapter/card reader, but still limited by the speed the card is at. So if you want to move gigs of files regularly, go for the fastest class you can afford.

Of course if your card reader doesn't support UHS-I etc then it's wasted...Also transferring via the DAP is the slowest way, I only do that for a few files cos it takes an age - and of course doesn't take advantage of the faster card.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back