Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Oct 12, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #3,451 of 6,418
Hello just one question would bookmarking as used in audiobooks be available later on in a future update or is it just too much for this marvelous little player?

This has been requested before and the request has been acknowledged by Shanling. No promises as to whether it will be added or when afaik.

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #3,453 of 6,418
Can I ask when do you experience these problems with signal? Indoor or just outdoor? Where do you wear your M0? Is the screen facing into body or opposite?

Digital filter affects build in DAC, so of course it has no effect on BT headphones.
Mostly outdoor. Using m0 while travelling in public transport with NC headphones. Usually having it in my pocket, don't know how facing into body - does it matter? The problem occurs also while sitting and holding it very close to the headphones...

Oct 12, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #3,454 of 6,418
Mostly outdoor. Using m0 while travelling in public transport with NC headphones. Usually having it in my pocket, don't know how facing into body - does it matter? The problem occurs also while sitting and holding it very close to the headphones...
Which way the screen faces does matter as that is where the signal is received/sent as the rest of th M0 is metal so blocks any signal.

Oct 12, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #3,455 of 6,418
After few weeks of using m0, the biggest issue for me is the quality of Bluetooth connection.
I have Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones and LDAC (in all 3 modes) or AptX is problematic.
I use flac files only, with 900kbps and higher bitrate.
While playing, there are random glitches/pauses of sound (occurs 2-3 times per song, very short stop/glitch), sometimes it behaves like glitch and sound fast forward then.
I have 2.1 firmware - somebody has complained about this issue already here and firmware update has been recommended to him. Occuring also on 2.1.
On AAC and SBC bluetooth mode I had no problems like this.
I look forward to next upgrade, BT on LDAC and AptX is m0 weakness now and I can't use my beloved Sony noise cancelling headphones on a full potential.
I have bought also iBasso IT01 headphones. m0 works flawlessly with wired headphones. Great sound on these IT01 btw.
There is no filter functionality while having BT headphones connected. I don't know if this is normal or another issue...
Works fine on wired connection.
Do you have an android phone ? There is an option in Settings->Deleveloper options to set LDAC to "optimal quality of connection" (something like this). I have set "balanced" and no glitches at all with my Sony WH1000XM2.
You can PM me if you want.

Oct 12, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #3,456 of 6,418
Which way the screen faces does matter as that is where the signal is received/sent as the rest of th M0 is metal so blocks any signal.
hm. ok, but it occurs also while having it in my hand. I assume there is a problem with higher bitrate files in LDAC mode. If it is just the signal blocking, there will not be this "fast forward" sound after short glitch.

Oct 12, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #3,457 of 6,418
Do you have an android phone ? There is an option in Settings->Deleveloper options to set LDAC to "optimal quality of connection" (something like this). I have set "balanced" and no glitches at all with my Sony WH1000XM2.
No, I have the iPhone. This is the main reason to have M0, so I can use LDAC connection to my headphones and play loseless files on it. And there is an option to switch to LDAC Connection priority on M0, but the problem occurs also on this mode.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #3,459 of 6,418
No, I have the iPhone. This is the main reason to have M0, so I can use LDAC connection to my headphones and play loseless files on it. And there is an option to switch to LDAC Connection priority on M0, but the problem occurs also on this mode.

FWIW I have the WH1000XM2s which I use w the M0 and LDAC on best quality and have no issues using it in the same scenarios. Could it be some change w the new Sony HP if not a defective m0?

J

Oct 12, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #3,460 of 6,418
A splendid pairing for just $145.
D6AD20E2-81D6-48B1-B233-A991FAC347D2.jpeg

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #3,462 of 6,418

Someone told me this only works temporarily to choose LDAC, and you can only make it permanent by going into BT settings while in a connection. So they were wrong then?? (I sure hope so! lol) You chose this a while ago in Developer Settings and it stuck in LDAC with most optimal connection???! :L3000:

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #3,463 of 6,418
Hello
I haven't actually gotten myself this device, but have a few questions regarding the UI.

1. When scrolling through songs/albums, is there an alphabet list on the side? This will be helpful with so many albums present.
  2. I remember seeing many users having touchscreen issues (e.g. swiping doesn't work properly, etc.). Was this addressed in the latest update?
  3. For the Morse Code implementation, what will be the planned commands?
In addition, I suggest that you should make a "ideas considered" list consisting of requested implementations by users, so people won't say the same thing over and over.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #3,464 of 6,418
Someone told me this only works temporarily to choose LDAC, and you can only make it permanent by going into BT settings while in a connection. So they were wrong then?? (I sure hope so! lol) You chose this a while ago in Developer Settings and it stuck in LDAC with most optimal connection???! :L3000:
AFAIK this issue is about the LDAC codec selection (yes you have to choose LDAC in BT settings to work it permanently) not LDAC stability versus quality in Developer settings.

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #3,465 of 6,418
Hello
I haven't actually gotten myself this device, and I have a few questions regarding the UI.

1. When scrolling through songs/albums, is there an alphabet list on the side? This will be helpful with so many albums present.
  2. I remember seeing many users having touchscreen issues (e.g. swiping doesn't work properly, etc.). Was this addressed in the latest update?
  3. For the Morse Code implementation, what will be the planned commands?

1)There is an alphabet list and this part relates to your second question
2)touchscreen is still finicky so the alphabet takes some tricks suck as flicking it to work properly
3) this was a joke I believe

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back