Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Sep 7, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #3,046 of 6,418
Hi all

is it possible to use the M0 as a USB DAC and LDAC transmitter at the same time? Trying to stream LDAC from my mac to the cans.....
No. And why would you want that? Just use it as usb dac

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #3,048 of 6,418
I'd like to stream music from my library to the cans while away from the desk. Using LDAC.
Store the music in the m0 and transmit direct? Why bother connecting to the Mac? Also, it would be easier for me to be notified of your reply if you use the quote button

Sep 7, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #3,050 of 6,418
Haha, it's so obvious. I've seen more than one trying to go through all kinds of hoops. Just use a microSD, lossless audio files and wired headphones for the easiest, most stable and best experience. In my opinion.

Yep. Bought a pair of sony wireless headphones in a recent sale and didn't like em. Too much faffing about. Just plug in headphones press play job done.

Sep 7, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #3,051 of 6,418
Store the music in the m0 and transmit direct? Why bother connecting to the Mac? Also, it would be easier for me to be notified of your reply if you use the quote button
Have you even considered it's simpler not to transfer/store to M0 every-time you want to listen to something from the MAC music library?

I think he wants the LDAC function wirelessly to stream directly from his library.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #3,052 of 6,418
So how do you go about making playlists? Do you have to manual do everything on the m0 UI?

Sep 8, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #3,054 of 6,418
Have you even considered it's simpler not to transfer/store to M0 every-time you want to listen to something from the MAC music library?

I think he wants the LDAC function wirelessly to stream directly from his library.
How big is his library anyway? I personally prefer to store all my music in separate SD cards, organised by genre

Sep 8, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #3,055 of 6,418
M0 pairs nicely with the Mobius - LDAC is dang good sounding...just got the Mobius in today:

i-v6sfRdH.jpg

Is there any way to connect it directly via USB-C and have volume control? It works via USB-C, as in it it plays the music - but absolutely no control of volume from either the M0 or the Mobius, with both turned down to their minimum the sound is still at maxmimum output and LOUD... smooth though... smoothest most pleasant deafening loudness I've ever heard.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #3,056 of 6,418
Yes I agree! I did try to post a photo by clicking on the icon with mountains in the Reply to Thread editing box, but it didn't have a file selector so I could find the .jpegs on my file system, it only had a URL for images that are already on the web as far as I can see. Maybe because I'm a Head Fi newbie who has only posted a single message, the option hasn't been enabled for me yet.

Here is a picture of the M0 used as a USB transport via an iFi OTG cable my iFi Black Label iDSD Mini:
DYy5T35hSL2YC4Xd9

IMG_20180831_180539748.jpg

And here is my tiny JBL Sound System:
IMG_20180904_191931869_LL.jpg

iVAb3t6ecu6qrRNa6

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #3,057 of 6,418
M0 pairs nicely with the Mobius - LDAC is dang good sounding...just got the Mobius in today:

i-v6sfRdH.jpg

Is there any way to connect it directly via USB-C and have volume control? It works via USB-C, as in it it plays the music - but absolutely no control of volume from either the M0 or the Mobius, with both turned down to their minimum the sound is still at maxmimum output and LOUD... smooth though... smoothest most pleasant deafening loudness I've ever heard.

Thats the exact setup i will have when my Mobius arrive!
My hope is that with LDAC it sounds as good or better as my Oppo PM-3 with either the M0 or the L&P L3, want to get rid of dem wires when commuting.

Sep 8, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #3,058 of 6,418
Yep. Bought a pair of sony wireless headphones in a recent sale and didn't like em. Too much faffing about. Just plug in headphones press play job done.

Never been a fan of Sony headphones in general but the few bluetooth I have tried not impressed. As you say to much futzing around and I have yet to hear any wireless headphones that sound better than my wired babies. Call me old fashioned and yes I am old but for me it will always be wired headphones all day everyday.

Sep 8, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #3,059 of 6,418
The point being that he has posted that on several occasions. That was my point.
The point being that he has posted that on several occasions. That was my point.

The last post I recall before this about firmware update @Shanling said he was told their would be one in August. August passed and it didn't happen so I wanted another update for my own piece of mind. Now I know thanks to his last post that M0 has taken a back seat to the M5S right now. Sorry but I liked to be kept up to date on stuff. If I want information I will request it, @Shanling is not obligated to respond. Again why should you care if I ask for an update? I see alot of posts requesting the same information over and over but I don't jump in. I respect their right ask for information whenever they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back