Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Aug 15, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #2,596 of 6,413
Funny... Left my phone in my car last night when going to the Phillies game. Took. The subway so I couldn't go back. Was quite nice not having to deal with it outside of not being able to communicate with my friends who had my ticket. Ended up a buying a $20 ticket. Still didn't find them. And as a season ticket holder for the Eagles, I can't get any form of a paper ticket. I have to have a smartphone to get into the game or go to the ticket office every time to get a paper ticket. All in the name of fraud prevention. Ridiculous.

We live in a bizarrely phone-centric time, don't we?

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #2,597 of 6,413
I must add that using the corrected filter and high gain, bypassing the internal DAP functions (LDAC BT) is still as spellbinding with the AK T8ie mkII as it was at CanJam London, took me all of about two minutes to buy one, and I haven't looked back!

One little issue I have though, is that I have two Bluetooth profiles, one is my own, one from someone who I demoed it to at CanJam, I cannot delete the second profile, even though I can delete others, almost seems like it's a default profile or something?!

I wholeheartedly agree M0 unit sounds absolutely amazing with the AK T8ie mkii in high gain mode. Battery still lasts a good while too. I run mine at about 45- 50 ish out of 100 with high gain and it’s quite loud which I like. :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #2,598 of 6,413
Quick question, what are the differences between the m0 and the m2s besides form factor?

No touch screen on M2s and it has hardware buttons on the side. The M2s also sounded quite a bit warmer to my ears, not quite as clear but still very good. I think the M2s had more power, but I only listen to pretty efficient stuff so I couldn’t tell much of a difference.

Both nice, I personally prefer the sound sig of the M0.

Aug 15, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #2,599 of 6,413
thanks that's good to know, I think I might pick up an m0

Aug 15, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #2,600 of 6,413
thanks that's good to know, I think I might pick up an m0

Might want to hang on a couple of day's as it seems that Shanling are going to announce a new model on friday. Of course that doesn't mean there isn't room in your collection for a small decent sounding dap as a backup of course (and no I still haven't got one!).

Aug 15, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #2,604 of 6,413
We live in a bizarrely phone-centric time, don't we?
Why do you think Sammy and Apple are marketing $1000 phones? My buddy was a big holdout. Had a flip phone up until last year when he caved and got an iPhone. Now he bombards us with shirtless spandex wearing bitmojis. Sigh.

On a thread related note I've been happy with my Sony 1000XM2's for traveling. Never thought much of noise canceling cans until I wore them flying. Just wish I'd make the time to do the one earpad mod I saw. Would make them even more comfy.

Aug 15, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #2,605 of 6,413
I was a holdout for a smart phone for years, but I like using my phone and tablet better than my laptop- faster and more convenient.

Shanling can’t wait to hear about the new model!

Aug 15, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #2,606 of 6,413
I'm new to this thread. Just got my M0 yesterday. Love it. I intend to use it on flights wirelessly connected to Sony WH1000MX2 noise reducing headphones. I had a little glitch hooking up via LDAC. See my Amazon review (goo.gl/hhJSC2) for how I solved the problem which was not a fault of the M0. I now have 24/96 FLACs being streamed from my M0's mSD card direct to my WH1000MX2 using the LDAC codec. That's what I bought the M0 for. Not many players have LDAC and all of them cost more than the M0. It's a great value.

I forgot to mention that when I couldn't get LDAC work for me I PM-ed Shanling and they go back to me in a few hours. Nice to know they actually support their users....

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #2,607 of 6,413
Until Sony builds a touch screen dap the size of the M0 it isn't fair to call out the M0's touch screen ergonomics. Most people realize a smaller screen will take a little more care to use and are willing to live with it for the ultra portable convenience.

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #2,608 of 6,413
Until Sony builds a touch screen dap the size of the M0 it isn't fair to call out the M0's touch screen ergonomics. Most people realize a smaller screen will take a little more care to use and are willing to live with it for the ultra portable convenience.
The M0 to me is a dump and play... dump your favorite music in the card then hit play and is very good at it. It's not one of those dap that you can whip out and scroll up and down to find your next song, I wish it could be done flawlessly but a touch screen this small asking too much. The only way possible to make it scroll fluidly is to make the screen fit 3-4 song title at a time but in doing so, it won't be fun scrolling thru hundreds of titles. No win win situation there for the M0. With that, I like the M0 for what purpose it serves me.

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #2,610 of 6,413
The M0 to me is a dump and play... dump your favorite music in the card then hit play and is very good at it. It's not one of those dap that you can whip out and scroll up and down to find your next song, I wish it could be done flawlessly but a touch screen this small asking too much. The only way possible to make it scroll fluidly is to make the screen fit 3-4 song title at a time but in doing so, it won't be fun scrolling thru hundreds of titles. No win win situation there for the M0. With that, I like the M0 for what purpose it serves me.
Wonder if they could do a press and hold while scrolling. If you held and slid right it would zoom in. Slide left, and it would zoom out. Could have you go from scrolling through quickly to zooming in to show a few and select one easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back